Author Topic: Hottest Male Player  (Read 141640 times)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:54:07 PM »
Since we have a "Hottest Female Player" , why not a hottest Male Player?

Anyway my vote goes to Marat Safin.... :H

Any others?
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Hottest Male Player
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »
Quote from: "Alison2006"
Since we have a "Hottest Female Player" , why not a hottest Male Player?

Anyway my vote goes to Marat Safin.... :H

Any others?

I'm not into the Marat Safin thing....but a lot of people like his looks.  I don't have to say who is hot to me since Alison is going to disagree - but that's my opinion. :))

I also like Blake (when he had his hair more)
Gonzo (he has grown on me as far as his looks)

Of course it doesn't hurt that all 3 of these are my favorite players today! :))

Offline mar!lyn

• Tennis Player
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »
I think it's obvious who my vote goes towards!!

<<<<<<<<< My man Marat!
"Today I break racquets, for tomorrow we die"  ~Marat Safin

Offline Arc

• Tennis Addict
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:38:18 PM »
there's already a thread for this...i think. it's way way way in the back of the forum tho...

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »
Yeah, there is a thread for this somewhere.  Obviously my number 1 is Roger Federer.  It's funny, because I never really thought about him being 'hot' when I first discovered him.  I just thought he was a fantastic player.  But when he cut his hair the first time right before the Houston TMC in 2004...I just went YOWZA!!  And he's gotten better with age.

Anyway, I met Gonzo in Cincy and he's a big cutie-pie - gorgeous eyes.  Tommy Robredo and JC Ferrero were also very cute when I met them in Cincy as well.  I think James Blake is worthy too.  I used to think Haas was hot, but his personality soured me on his looks.  I like Safin too.
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline mar!lyn

• Tennis Player
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 01:24:03 PM »
Federer definitely upped his sex appeal when he cut that hair! I don't know if I would call him hot, he's like the relatable, non-overwhelming beautiful sort of man.

I used to like James Blake, then I met him in Memphis last year and he was a huge jerk, so I've not liked him ever since. The "Mr. Congeniality" thing he does for the press is a total sham.

Tommy Haas is hot and incredibly personable and funny, as is Andy Roddick. Of everyone I have met, they are my two favorite.

A friend of mine met Nadal at Indian Wells last year and said that he was for sure the nicest guy she ever met, just super polite and always wanting to make sure everyone around him was at ease. And his smile turned her face beet red haha!

Offline retro

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 01:33:53 PM »
1. Safin
2. Safin
3. Gaudio
4. Gonzalez
5. Blake
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 01:53:09 PM »
Quote from: "mar!lyn"
I used to like James Blake, then I met him in Memphis last year and he was a huge jerk, so I've not liked him ever since. The "Mr. Congeniality" thing he does for the press is a total sham.

A friend of mine met Nadal at Indian Wells last year and said that he was for sure the nicest guy she ever met, just super polite and always wanting to make sure everyone around him was at ease. And his smile turned her face beet red haha!

What happened with Blake?  He always seems so nice.  I ran into Nadal in Cincy...and I mean literally ran into him.  He seemed nice and shy but honestly, upclose, I didn't find him attractive at all - neanderthal looking.  

You know, it is interesting how a good experience with someone can make them more physically attractive.  I never thought Gonzo or Robredo were hot, but they were so sweet and cute in person that I changed my mind.  I met Federer in Miami and he was a complete doll.  When you talk to him, he looks you in the eye and really pays attention.  He just melted my heart.

I don't find Baghdatis good-looking but his smile just captivates you.  He sat behind me at a restaurant in Cincy and he was sweet.

Offline mar!lyn

• Tennis Player
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »
Blake is just really fake and rude, after he loses he is apparnetly a real piece of work in the locker rooms, I know lots of people who work at the tournament and they all say that. I've also seen him eating in the club restaurant and he is rude to the kids who come up and ask him for autographs. Once he was sitting with Mardy Fish and a few little boys came up to him and asked for their autographs, Fish was really nice to them and asking them questions, but Blake was totally disinterested. It was pretty low.

You are so right that people's personalities make them much more attractive, that's how my friend was with Nadal, she had never been really that into him but she said he was shy but also just so nice and accomodating, he really looks out for people around him. Plus apparently he is really tan and his being Spanish and so strong makes him more attractive, like he'll come sweep you off your feet :)  If he was American, he couldn't pull it off lol :)

I'd love to meet Federer, I can picture him being more attractive in person and being really interesting. I'd also love to meet Henman, someone I know met him and said he was really nice.

P.S. Where are you from in CO? I used to spend my summers in Aspen, I love Colorado!!

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 03:58:17 PM »
Quote from: "mar!lyn"
Blake is just really fake and rude, after he loses he is apparnetly a real piece of work in the locker rooms, I know lots of people who work at the tournament and they all say that. I've also seen him eating in the club restaurant and he is rude to the kids who come up and ask him for autographs. Once he was sitting with Mardy Fish and a few little boys came up to him and asked for their autographs, Fish was really nice to them and asking them questions, but Blake was totally disinterested. It was pretty low.

You are so right that people's personalities make them much more attractive, that's how my friend was with Nadal, she had never been really that into him but she said he was shy but also just so nice and accomodating, he really looks out for people around him. Plus apparently he is really tan and his being Spanish and so strong makes him more attractive, like he'll come sweep you off your feet :)  If he was American, he couldn't pull it off lol :)

I'd love to meet Federer, I can picture him being more attractive in person and being really interesting. I'd also love to meet Henman, someone I know met him and said he was really nice.

P.S. Where are you from in CO? I used to spend my summers in Aspen, I love Colorado!!

That's really incredible about Blake.  Too bad, too.  As for Nadal, he does seem like a nice kid.  He was trying to play cards with his spanish friends in the Cincy hotel lobby.  He was accomodating to the fans that came up to him, but they wouldn't leave him alone and he finally left.  It was kind of sad because I think he wanted to remain with his buddies.  Anyway, like I said, he just doesn't 'float my boat' upclose.  

What struck me about Federer was how completely accomodating he was to the fans.  He really tries to sign every autograph and he always looks you in the eye and smiles when you talk to him.  When he took a picture with us, he was always telling the security guy "make sure you get all of us" and "lets take another one with this camera".  Anyway, I met him three times at practices and he was always that way.  Just a super nice guy.  And very cute in person!

As for Henman.  I didn't meet him in Cincy but our waitress told me that he was by far the nicest of all the players she had waited on!

I live in Colorado Springs.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 11:25:34 AM »
Safin, Blake, Gasquet ( no one's mentioned him yet?!?!), JCF, Robredo, Ancic, Gonzo, and who else...? :)

Offline retro

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
Safin, Blake, Gasquet ( no one's mentioned him yet?!?!), JCF, Robredo, Ancic, Gonzo, and who else...? :)

I find his neck/shoulder area to be oft-putting for some reason :\
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 01:14:18 PM »
Quote from: "retro"

I don't like his legs... (just me)... :))

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »
Quote from: "Dallas"

Me too.  I don't like big thighs on tennis players.  I prefer the slender/fit build for tennis players.  I thought Bjorn Borg had the perfect tennis body.

Offline mar!lyn

• Tennis Player
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't classify Gasquet as hot. It's not that he's unattractive at all, just not mindblowingly hot. Except for that accent, it immediately makes him more attractive. His hair is what puts me off.

JCF, Ancic and Robredo wouldn't make it on my list either. Maybe I'm just particular LOL :)

Offline mar!lyn

• Tennis Player
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 02:50:02 PM »
How could I forget--- he's a bit too much of a pretty boy for my liking, but Feliciano Lopez. I saw him in person at Memphis tourney this year and he has, without a doubt, the most penetrating and entrancing eyes I have ever come across! He is absolutely gorgeous.

Offline Forest Hills

• Tennis Player
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »
Well, he's an elderly 30, but Carlos Moya has been one of the hottest men around for me.  I know his interviews are weak, and I have never met him (sigh), but he truly seems like a nice guy, and the eyes, half smile, gorgeous body, and grace on the courts.  Fantastic!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
Quote from: "Dallas"
Quote from: "retro"

Those are really funny. I think his and Andy's legs are the best in the ATP.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 06:03:37 AM »
Quote from: "Forest Hills"
Well, he's an elderly 30, but Carlos Moya has been one of the hottest men around for me.  I know his interviews are weak, and I have never met him (sigh), but he truly seems like a nice guy, and the eyes, half smile, gorgeous body, and grace on the courts.  Fantastic!

lmao! it's so funny that 30 is considered "elderly". haha
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
Hottest Male Player
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
Wow, this thread sucks compared to the hottest female player thread. There isn't even one pic on here.  Not that I would want any.... seriously I don't....  ||-|