Author Topic: Composure  (Read 4950 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Composure
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »
Have you read the Inner Game Dmastous????  I prefer it to comics.....just my preference!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Composure
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Have you read the Inner Game Dmastous????  I prefer it to comics.....just my preference!

Well I said I prefer comics to coloring books.
That said, no I haven't read Inner Game, but if you got a copy I could borrow.....

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Composure
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"

That said, no I haven't read Inner Game, but if you got a copy I could borrow.....

I have a copy and it is one of my most important books!  You could borrow it!   I actually need to read it again soon!  Around here we have Half-Price Bookstores that have copies of it for like 3-4 bucks or you could also probably find it on Half.com for similar price.  If you are into reading about mental strength, then I highly recommend it!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
Composure
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

I have a copy and it is one of my most important books!  You could borrow it!   I actually need to read it again soon!  Around here we have Half-Price Bookstores that have copies of it for like 3-4 bucks or you could also probably find it on Half.com for similar price.  If you are into reading about mental strength, then I highly recommend it!

I hit with Scott & Jeffro over Christmas at a club near the JC Penny wherehouse there in Columbus, and there was a used bookstore at the mall nearby on Brice Rd that had some really good prices. I was poking around because I had gotten into Columbus a little earlier than I expected. For all the talk about the colleges here in the Boston area (their very proud of that here) there aren't too many good used books stores around.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline cakes

• Tennis Addict
Composure
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 03:21:02 PM »
Hey DM -  

Go into any of the squares in Cambridge - Harvard, Brattle or Central and there are tons of older bookstores.  Also try the little book stores around Beacon Hill.  If you are in the western part of the state there are lots of old book stores in Amherst.  Also there used to be a really great Dollar Book Store across from Boston Common near the State House area.

The book in question is a great one.  I lent it to someone a few years back and never saw it again and then moved cross country so will NEVER see it again!

Good luck searching!

Offline tennis4life9203

• Tennis Player
Composure
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »
HOW COME NO ONE TALKS ABOUT STRICTLY TENNIS :lmao:

Offline tennis4life9203

• Tennis Player
Composure
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »
Also to comment on your composure message, players are only setting bad examples and losing the match for themselves when they do that.

Whenever my opponent gets frustrated and shows it, I get so happy.

That's why I try as hard as I can to be like FED.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Composure
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
Amazon or Ebay are good options for the book too.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
Composure
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 10:11:55 PM »
Quote from: "cakes"
Hey DM -  

Go into any of the squares in Cambridge - Harvard, Brattle or Central and there are tons of older bookstores.  Also try the little book stores around Beacon Hill.  If you are in the western part of the state there are lots of old book stores in Amherst.  Also there used to be a really great Dollar Book Store across from Boston Common near the State House area.

The book in question is a great one.  I lent it to someone a few years back and never saw it again and then moved cross country so will NEVER see it again!

Good luck searching!

Can't deal with Cambridge traffic and confusing layout. I had to deliver a racquet to the Mt Auburn club and it took me over an hour to get there.  45 min to get to cambridge, and a half hour to negotiate the twists and turns and traffic. Not to mention the fact that most of the streets have no signs or any indication of where you are. I get lost everytime I go inside 128.
I think I'd rather drive to Columbus and borrow Buckeye's copy. In fact... I think I will.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Composure
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
Quote from: "cakes"
Hey DM -  

Good luck searching!

Can't deal with Cambridge traffic and confusing layout. I had to deliver a racquet to the Mt Auburn club and it took me over an hour to get there.  45 min to get to cambridge, and a half hour to negotiate the twists and turns and traffic. Not to mention the fact that most of the streets have no signs or any indication of where you are. I get lost everytime I go inside 128.
I think I'd rather drive to Columbus and borrow Buckeye's copy. In fact... I think I will.

Sounds good!  Let us know when you are coming and we will hook it up.  If the weather is nice we could hit outside or if not, we could try our club!   :)