Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

The dude has game!

(1/3) > >>

Tennis4you:
Johansson won his second title of the year, very nice win for him.  I like this guys game, not usually the style of game I like, but he is fun to watch...

--- Quote ---
Johansson lifts Marseille trophy

Joachim Johansson collected his second title of the year by beating Ivan Ljubicic at the Open 13 in Marseille.

The 22-year-old triumphed 7-5 6-4 in a big-serving battle against the Croat, who lost his second final of 2005 after falling to Roger Federer in Doha.

Johansson, currently ranked 11th, could now break into the world's top 10.

He said: "I have improved dramatically over the last six months. My serve is more solid and consistent, and I'm also much more patient on court."

Johansson also won the Australian hardcourt championships in Adelaide in January.

The Swede, who now has three titles to his name after winning Memphis last year, has never lost an ATP final.
--- End quote ---

Arcforce:
His serve and forehand are beasts but when he hits his backhand, I cringe everytime.

maranatha tennis:
He reminds me of Safin with a Roddick like  serve. Wilander said he can beat anyone when he plays well. I agree. But similar to Safin that if he plays 7 straight matches in two weeks , like he can play, he will win slams. Can he?

He is scary good because of that serve.

RainerShuttle:
For me, he's just a Roddick clone. Exactly the same style of play - booming serve, powerful forehand. He'll do well at Slams until he comes up against good returners like Agassi, Hewitt, Federer - much like Roddick.

Betsmoyo:
i think he has alittle more than roddick but yes similar. He gives returners more trouble because his serve is less predictable. There is no pattern and every first serve and even a few second serves are huge. He played Andre at Oz and what a match. Not that it was great but serve after serve after serve. That was something. He gives good returners more trouble than Andy. By far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version