Author Topic: Favorite stroke(s)?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Jeffro

• Tennis Enthusiast
  • Shhhhhh! Don't wake her up!
Favorite stroke(s)?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 08:33:31 PM »
I'm with Arcforce, love the backhand just about any way.  I really like to hit the one-hander, crosscourt heavy topspin.  After that, half volley (backhand or forehand) and the traditional forehand volley.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Clint

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Favorite stroke(s)?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 08:29:25 AM »
Quote from: "timd818"
To Scott and all those around him, I'd love to hit with all of you. I go home once or twice a year to PA/NJ. Maybe I can stop by next time I fly home. Either that or you guys come visit me, McIll and BBB here in Los Angeles. There's no shortage of tennis here  :))
Scott, is there any chance of your team coming out to California for a league match?  Like nationals or whatever?

I told Scott that I would be down for a Tennis4You meet up in Ohio.  Or we can pick a central location on the map, somewhere in between all of the people committed to meeting up.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Favorite stroke(s)?
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 08:59:43 AM »
We need to do something.  I am still holding you to the tournament comment.  I would love to try a dubs tournament, even if I have to drive to MI to do it.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Favorite stroke(s)?
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 07:39:40 AM »
Yeah, I'm down.  By then I'll be playing a lot better, too.  If I can con some girl to go down with me, and stay overnight (because I'm sure we'll win a round or two or three...), I'll even drive all the way down to Columbus.

BTW, I was a really good doubles player in college.  My partner used to be ranked top 10 in Southern Cal boys 18 in doubles, but he didn't play that great by the time I got to partner with him.  Not great by his standards.  But I can create a lot of havoc in doubles.  I go for my shots a lot more with targets standing at the net.

Quite frankly, I'd feel bad having you drive all the way to metro Detroit.  

TANGENT:  I'm watching a Tivo match of Haas versus Salzenstein, and every girl in the front rows keep staring at Haas and giggling and whispering to each other as soon as he turns around after receiving balls from the BK's.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Favorite stroke(s)?
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 07:55:36 AM »
pfft, I would drive further if I had to.  If one of us drives all the way, we would not have to meet in the middle and find a place to stay or keep driving back if we keep winning.  The way I see it, you already traveled 3/4 across the US, I could drive a few hours.

We willl work it out.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com