Author Topic: Clijsters and today's WTA  (Read 1267 times)

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Clijsters and today's WTA
« on: February 14, 2005, 03:39:04 PM »
She is scheduled to make her comeback this week which I am excited about.  I have always liked her, really have no clue why.  Maybe because she was always low key and just went about her business.  Anyways, the last tournament she tried to play she had to default because of her wrist, so now she thinks she might be ready.

Anyone think that if she is at top form she can get bakc to where she was in the rankings?  heck, wasn't she #1.  Think she can get back into the top 5?  10?  20 I would say is a given.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:55:37 PM »
Yes, she was #1, but like Mauresmo, she never had a slam to back it up (I suppose Lindsay falls into that category at the moment). I can't see Clijsters returning to the dominance she once had, but she should do well and be back in the top 10 (maybe even top 5).

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »
not to be mean but Lindsay has won 3 SLAMS , she won Wimbledon, US Open and the Aussie Open.

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 05:13:55 PM »
Hi SBF, welcome to the foums!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline gelis

• Tennis Player
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 05:23:52 PM »
Speaking of Kim, here she is with new boyfriend Luc Opdelocht, a Belgian underwear model :

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »
honestly I liked her and Lleyton together, but hes engaged--I think they split cause he CHEATED

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 05:50:49 PM »
Can't blame Lleyton.  i'm sure Kim is a sweet person, but being as close to Luc was would make me terrified.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 07:32:23 PM »
Quote from: "SerenasBiggestFan"
not to be mean but Lindsay has won 3 SLAMS , she won Wimbledon, US Open and the Aussie Open.

Maybe you misread what I said: she never had a slam to back it up (I suppose Lindsay falls into that category at the moment) -- meaning in the past 52 weeks. I know what Lindsay's slams are.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 07:58:58 PM »
A healthy Clijsters is definitely back in the top 5.  She's basically a baby Serena.  Hits a bit softer, arguably moves ALMOST as fast, still... she's gotten very far without a killer instinct.  She's physically in the same elite group as Sharapova, Serena, Lindsay, and Justine (?).  Everybody else are a notch below, girls like Mauresmo (I know I know), Venus, Kuznetsova, and Myskina.  

But who knows?  Maybe she's one of those well-rounded people who can be happy outside of tennis and realize during an injury hiatus that she didn't love competition that much.