Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 68733 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2008, 06:14:38 AM »
what time is the race in Europe???
come on Robert, Felipe, Kimi and Fernando!!! 

It's an early start, my dad might watch it live.

Who's Robert? Oh, Kubica?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2008, 06:15:50 AM »
4:30am GMT or 5:30am CET
Thanks CT!!!! that could be the last race in history at Albert Park, hope Ham. will not win.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2008, 06:18:18 AM »
4:30am GMT or 5:30am CET
Thanks CT!!!! that could be the last race in history at Albert Park, hope Ham. will not win.

Same here, rooting for Kubica and a surprise from David Coulthard.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2008, 06:22:17 AM »
Coulthard has the best helmet for sure, SCOTTISH FLAG!!!! bring me back memories of my all time nš1 Stewart and legendary Clark, the best in british F1 history with Graham Hill.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2008, 06:25:24 AM »
Coulthard has the best helmet for sure, SCOTTISH FLAG!!!! bring me back memories of my all time nš1 Stewart and legendary Clark, the best in british F1 history with Graham Hill.

Good to see I have a fellow DC fan. They were taslkin to Jackie Stewart before qualifying, and I was disappointed to hear what could be interpreted as he was rooting for Hamilton.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2008, 06:29:47 AM »
I really hope this won't be the last GP in Melbourne at Albert Park. I love opening the season with this one, getting up early to see it, and Australia's just a great country that should have a GP, so I hope it stays on the calendar. I'm hoping that Lewis can start his Championship campaign well, and get an early jump on Kimi, and see if 2008 can be the year he gets those couple of points more  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2008, 06:29:55 AM »

Good to see I have a fellow DC fan. They were taslkin to Jackie Stewart before qualifying, and I was disappointed to hear what could be interpreted as he was rooting for Hamilton.
Stewart is the most clever F1 champion in history, it's imposible that he can root for Ham. the ron baby who said f.... to his boss few times and that last 2 races, when he just collapsed under pressure. Stewart is a diplomat but I dont think he will never root for an arrogant and waist of talent driver.
Stewart really likes McLaren and Williams.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2008, 06:36:32 AM »

Stewart is the most clever F1 champion in history, it's imposible that he can root for Ham. the ron baby who said f.... to his boss few times and that last 2 races, when he just collapsed under pressure. Stewart is a diplomat but I dont think he will never root for an arrogant and waist of talent driver.
Stewart really likes McLaren and Williams.

Yeah, I suppose its more the teams that he roots for, it was when he said he thought Hamilton would get pole that threw me off track a little bit.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
Hamilton leads the G/P first race atm,he has a 12 second lead as things stand now.pit stops are just starting now.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2008, 12:48:11 AM »
Kovalainen now leads Hamilton but still has to pit once more so Lewis is still in control of this race. Heidfeld i the BMW is 3rd. Massa is one of the Ferreri's is out, and Raikkonen in the other Ferreri has twice lost control of his car and sits in 10th place. 12 cars have retired so far in this race. 12 laps to go and unfortunately at the moment safety car out for the 2nd/3rd time!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2008, 01:03:34 AM »
4 laps to go and Raikkonen who was at the back retires to make it 2 Ferreri's that have retired with mechanical problems!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2008, 01:09:42 AM »
Lewis gets off to a fantastic start with the win in Melbourne, with Raikkonen picking up no points at all :yahoo:
1. L Hamilton (McLaren)

2. N Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)

3. N Rosberg (Williams)

4. F Alonso (Renault)

5. H Kovalainen (McLaren)

6. R Barrichello (Honda)

7. K Nakajima (Williams)

Just 7 of the 22 cars finish the race!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 01:11:49 AM by ChrisTaylor1987 »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2008, 02:48:22 AM »
Provisional results from Australian Grand Prix:

1. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 58 laps one hour 34 minutes 50.616 seconds
2. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber +5.478 secs
3. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota +8.163
4. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault +17.181
5. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes +18.014
6. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda +52.453
7. Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota 1 lap behind
8R Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 55 laps completed
9R Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 53 laps
R Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 47 laps
R Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota 43 laps
R Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda 32 laps
R Nelson Piquet Jr (Brz) Renault 30 laps
R Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 29 laps
R David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 25 laps
R Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 19 laps
R Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari 8 laps
R Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 0 laps
R Jenson Button (GB) Honda 0 lap
R Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri-Honda 0 lap
R Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0 laps
R Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari 0 laps

Key: R = retired

Fastest lap: Kovalainen one minute 27.418 seconds, lap 43.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australian Grand Prix
By Andrew Benson
www.bbc.co.uk

Lewis Hamilton steered clear of the chaos at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix to get his title campaign off to the best possible start.

The Englishman dominated from the start in his McLaren to beat Nick Heidfeld's BMW Sauber and Nico Rosberg's Williams.

World champion Kimi Raikkonen threw away a chance to challenge Hamilton with a mistake while trying to pass the second McLaren of Heikki Kovalainen.

Kovalainen would have been second but for bad luck with the safety car.

It came out for the third time in a dramatic afternoon at exactly the wrong time for the Finn following a high-speed crash involving Timo Glock's Toyota on lap 44.

Kovalainen had to pit for fuel and tyres while the safety car was out, and dropped to the back of the pack.

He recovered to finish fifth, losing out in an exciting battle with Fernando Alonso's Renault in the last two laps.

Kovalainen passed the double world champion spectacularly towards the end of the penultimate lap, only to lose the place as they crossed the line for the start of the last lap when the McLaren appeared to stutter on the pit straight.

Kovalainen revealed later that he had accidentally hit the pit lane speed limiter button while removing an oil-smeared tear-off from his visor.

Heidfeld and Rosberg both drove unobtrusively excellent to take the final two podium positions.

Heidfeld held a watching brief in the early laps and stayed out of trouble to benefit from Kovalainen's late problem.

Rosberg's third place was the best result of his career in his third full season.

Rubens Barrichello was sixth for a more-competitive-than-expected Honda.

But he may lose that because the stewards are investigating claims he passed the red light at the end of the pit lane while rejoining following a dramatic final pit stop in which he was waved away with the fuel hose still attached.

Kazuki Nakajima's Williams was the final finisher in seventh.

Toro Rosso's Sebastien Bourdais was classified eighth on his debut, despite retiring with engine failure while running fourth ahead of Alonso and Kovalainen with three laps to go.

The race was littered with incident, but Hamilton steered clear of it all on the way to a largely untroubled fifth victory of his career.

The 23-year-old made a perfect start, stayed calm during the first deployment of the safety car following a series of incidents on the first lap, and built an advantage over Robert Kubica's second-placed BMW Sauber in the early laps.

He appeared to be cruising to a comfortable win until the second safety car came out to raise concern over Raikkonen's progress.

The Finn fought his way up the field from 16th on the grid.

The Ferrari leaped up to eighth on the first lap, but was then held up behind Rubens Barrichello's Honda for 19 laps.

But once he had past the Brazilian, Raikkonen became a major factor for a while in what appeared to be the fastest car in the race.

His Ferrari had been fuelled heavily at the start, so he moved up the field as those in front of him made their first pit stops.

Raikkonen was up to third, behind the two McLarens, when the safety car was deployed following a collision between the Ferrari of Felipe Massa and David Coulthard's Red Bull on lap 26.

The safety car put him right behind the McLarens on the track, and a serious contender for victory.

It stayed out for four laps while Coulthard's damaged car was moved from a dangerous position.

Raikkonen, light on fuel, was much faster than Kovalainen as the race resumed, but he braked too late as he tried to pass the McLaren into turn three and speared off into the gravel.

He rejoined the track, and made his single stop for fuel at the end of the lap, putting him to the back of the field.

That was the end of any potential threat to Hamilton.

"I wouldn't say it's the perfect win... but I think in terms of managing my tyres, controlling my pace and confidence and being comfortable in the car, it's the best race I've had so far," Hamilton said.

"I had to keep cool and look after the tyres but I just paced myself and didn't overdo it.

"I had plenty of time and used that to my advantage. The car was phenomenal, a dream to drive compared to the car we had last year.

"The teams look at all angles and analyse exactly what could go on in the race and plan for the worst. We have a great strategic team and putting me into [the pits] early [for each of his stops] was great."

The race was run in searing temperatures of 38C, but Hamilton said he had had no problems with the heat.

"I feel fantastic," he said. "I never thought it would have been physically as much of a breeze as it was out there. It's great preparation for Malaysia. Bring it on."

Raikkonen was classified ninth after retiring from seventh place with five laps to go with an apparent engine failure.

It was a disastrous race for world champions Ferrari, with neither car scoring points. Massa retired shortly after his collision with Coulthard with an engine failure.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2008, 03:02:24 AM »
Just heard that Barrichello has been disqualified in the Honda. Not sure why yet but it will mean just 6 finishes in the race  :scared:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2008, 04:41:41 AM »
Just heard that Barrichello has been disqualified in the Honda. Not sure why yet but it will mean just 6 finishes in the race  :scared:

It was because when the Safety Car was out, the pit lane was closed, but if he hadnt gone in to the pits he woud've ran out of fuel. He went in, and on his way out the red light was on so he wasnt meant to go out but he did. He got a drive through penalty and did it, but that wasnt enough punishment apparantly.

Shame Lewis won, and no Ferrari's finished!!!

8th and 9th place that didn't finish now get some points.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2008, 04:47:49 AM »

It was because when the Safety Car was out, the pit lane was closed, but if he hadnt gone in to the pits he woud've ran out of fuel. He went in, and on his way out the red light was on so he wasnt meant to go out but he did. He got a drive through penalty and did it, but that wasnt enough punishment apparantly.

Shame Lewis won, and no Ferrari's finished!!!

8th and 9th place that didn't finish now get some points.

That was the one with the pits incident as I expected him to get a stop/go penalty for that one, but that never came so disqualification is the only way around it. That means that Raikkonen will now have got something from the weekend which is a bit silly when he retired still with 3 laps to go.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2008, 05:03:23 AM »
Hamilton won  :(, and will collapse under pressure another year....easy win following qualifying results, no comment:
well at least I didnt watch the race live.... :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2008, 05:04:50 AM »
Hamilton won  :(, and will collapse under pressure another year....easy win following qualifying results, no comment:
well at least I didnt watch the race live.... :)

I'm absolutely gutted like you about the outcome, especially as I'm doing badly in my Fantasy F1 now.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2008, 05:34:39 AM »
murrayfan, why do you want Lewis to lose? Is this another of your hating all thing English?

I really think it's a bit sad that so many Scots hate the English, because I can't really think of a good reason. We give you taxes, we let you run our country into the ground, what more do you want? And, we let people like murrayfan live here, to no possible benefit for us  :)~

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2008, 05:38:23 AM »
Hamilton is mega-arrogant  :( and he is not a f1 champion like alonso or raiikonen to be so mega-arrogant. last year was horrible with the incident when he said few times to Ron the word f.., then Alonso, then Raikkonen.
he got what he deserved:to lose the title in silly fashion.  :))