Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 63466 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2008, 10:29:48 AM »
Correction conchita, you can, but they will be nowhere near each other.
Hamilton has been with Ron since he was a teenager. Always with Mclaren. didnt meet Schumi.
Alonso started in Minardi, the worst team in late 90's, he made Renault twice champion.
I mean MFUK! Alonso is the youngest champion ever! it's not fair to compare!  :)

This is very true conchita, well said.

How weird does it seem for me to be MFUK now instead of MF11? It's a strane change.
yes, it's really different now with all those "new" names! :)

Yeah. What did you think of the ratings of Alonso compared to Hamilton based on greatest drivers ever on a British magazine.
it's pathetic! 15th, there are 14 drivers that were f1 champions at least twice!
there are 29 drivers that were f1 champions, and Hamilton is ranked 15th!
and there great drivers in f1 history that never won the title.
the question is: was Raikkonen ranked higher than Hamilton??
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
Here's the top 20 for you conchita:

20 = James Hunt
19 = Damon Hill
18 = Graham Hill
17 = Jack Brabham
16 = Alberto Ascari
15 = Lewis Hamilton
14 = Nelson Piquet Snr.
13 = Stirling Moss
12 = Fernando Alonso
11 = Nigel Mansell
10 = Niki Lauda
9 = Gilles Villeneuve
8 = Mika Hakkinen
7 = Kimi Raikkonen
6 = Jackie Stewart
5 = Jim Clark
4 = Alain Prost
3 = Juan Manuel Fangio
2 = Michael Schumacher
1 = Ayrton Senna

David Coulthard was only in 40th, just 2 places above Button, who was put ahead of Massa and Montoya.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2008, 10:43:59 AM »
Here's the top 20 for you conchita:

20 = James Hunt
19 = Damon Hill
18 = Graham Hill
17 = Jack Brabham
16 = Alberto Ascari
15 = Lewis Hamilton
14 = Nelson Piquet Snr.
13 = Stirling Moss
12 = Fernando Alonso
11 = Nigel Mansell
10 = Niki Lauda
9 = Gilles Villeneuve
8 = Mika Hakkinen
7 = Kimi Raikkonen
6 = Jackie Stewart
5 = Jim Clark
4 = Alain Prost
3 = Juan Manuel Fangio
2 = Michael Schumacher
1 = Ayrton Senna

David Coulthard was only in 40th, just 2 places above Button, who was put ahead of Massa and Montoya.
all champions except 9 Villeneuve, 13 Moss and 15 Hamilton. All 3 overrated as Mansell.
Lauda at 10 and Piquet at 14 is a disgrace!
Brabham, Ascari and Graham Hill worst than Hamilton makes the list crap!
and where the hell is Fittipaldi?? youngest champion ever since 72 til Alonso, twice f1 champion.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:46:00 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »
Fittipaldi was in at #21 conchita, I'll try and find a link to the whole thing for you.

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »
Coming back to the arrogance, Hamilton is definitely nowhere near as arrogant as plenty other drivers. I still haven't seen a single quote which shows his arrogance. The argument with Dennis wasn't arrogance, for goodness sake! If you want to compare Hamilton to Alonso, you can only compare their first seasons in the sport, since thats all Hamilton has done, and he comes very favourable when you look at it like that, especially since he did better then Alonso and they had the same car. Kickserve is so right, you guys are getting funny!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nš1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?
dont worry MF11! KS is like that!  ;-() :rofl_2:

conchita argued that Hamilton was the most arrogant out there, I'm pointing out somebody I believe to be far more arrogant, and I've never seen a comment from Hamilton that crosses the line from competitive to arrogant. Doesn't show I'm struggling at all, I'm just coming out with clear points against you. The fact your trying to say I'm struggling when I'm not could even imp,y that you are struggling.
I just said the reasons why Alonso can be arrogant even if he is driving the slow Renault.
remember? F1 TWICE CHAMPION, RETIRED SCHUMI!  :)

:rofl_2: So because Alonso was a double world champion, he should expect special treatment over a rookie who was outperforming him? Success doesn't give you the right to be arrogant.
so boring now attacking ALonso...could not care less...! success makes you arrogant, the majority of f1 drivers are arrogant, this is f1, ferrari and mercedes, not karting.

and btw, it's always the same, you are the one who is carrying here the nationality discussion bringing Alonso, spaniard. boring. I dislike Alonso also.

So you think I am saying Alonso is arrogant because I'm arguing with a Spaniard? No, I brought him into the discussion because you claimed Hamilton was the msot arrogant and I believe Alonso to be the most arrogant. Notice I'm not attacking David Coulthard, just because I;m arguing with a (supposedly) Scottish person.
you can not compare Alonso career to Hamilton. :)

I'm not comparing their careers, I'm comparing their arrogance :head-smack:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »
A "supposedly" Scottish person? Lol, so now you think I'm not even Scottish. Coulthard was brilliant in his time, and if Schumacher hadn't been around the same time as him, David Coulthard would've got at least a couple of world titles. It's all depending on who you're racing with.

Where do you live? I was born in Newcastle, doesn't make me a Geordie.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
A "supposedly" Scottish person? Lol, so now you think I'm not even Scottish. Coulthard was brilliant in his time, and if Schumacher hadn't been around the same time as him, David Coulthard would've got at least a couple of world titles. It's all depending on who you're racing with.

I live in Cheshire, but that doesn't make me English. I was born in Scotland, lived there for 5 years, still go on holiday there every year, and my parents are both Scottish. If that doesn't make me Scottish I don't know what does.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2008, 11:00:30 AM »
my top 20
1 Schumi
2 Senna
3 Fangio
4 Prost
5 Stewart
6 Clark
7 Lauda
8 Piquet
9 Brabham
10 Fittipaldi
11 Graham Hill
12 Ascari
13 Hakkinen
14 Alonso
15 Moss
16 Rindt
17 Villeneuve
18 Mansell
19 Hawthorn
20 Hulme

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2008, 11:01:36 AM »
I'm assuming out of that conchita, you have Raikkonen sat comfortable above Hamilton? Where would they be placed?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »

I live in Cheshire, but that doesn't make me English. I was born in Scotland, lived there for 5 years, still go on holiday there every year, and my parents are both Scottish. If that doesn't make me Scottish I don't know what does.

How long have you lived in England for?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2008, 11:03:56 AM »

Lived? About 5 years also, considering for some of my life I lived in Singapore.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »

Lived? About 5 years also, considering for some of my life I lived in Singapore.

Right, so you've lived as much of your life in England as in Scotland, yet you still consider anything being Englush as reason enough to dislike it  :whistle:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nš1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?

conchita argued that Hamilton was the most arrogant out there, I'm pointing out somebody I believe to be far more arrogant, and I've never seen a comment from Hamilton that crosses the line from competitive to arrogant. Doesn't show I'm struggling at all, I'm just coming out with clear points against you. The fact your trying to say I'm struggling when I'm not could even imp,y that you are struggling.
I just said the reasons why Alonso can be arrogant even if he is driving the slow Renault.

:rofl_2: So because Alonso was a double world champion, he should expect special treatment over a rookie who was outperforming him? Success doesn't give you the right to be arrogant.
so boring now attacking ALonso...could not care less...! success makes you arrogant, the majority of f1 drivers are arrogant, this is f1, ferrari and mercedes, not karting.

and btw, it's always the same, you are the one who is carrying here the nationality discussion bringing Alonso, spaniard. boring. I dislike Alonso also.

So you think I am saying Alonso is arrogant because I'm arguing with a Spaniard? No, I brought him into the discussion because you claimed Hamilton was the msot arrogant and I believe Alonso to be the most arrogant. Notice I'm not attacking David Coulthard, just because I;m arguing with a (supposedly) Scottish person.

in that case again all f1 drivers are arrogant, f1 is an elite sport -ferrari-mercdes-bmw-honda.
Alonso can be arrogant, he has won 2 titles, he is a champion, so far Hamilton has won nothing and has lost 1 title.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2008, 11:14:46 AM »

in that case again all f1 drivers are arrogant, f1 is an elite sport -ferrari-mercdes-bmw-honda.
Alonso can be arrogant, he has won 2 titles, he is a champion, so far Hamilton has won nothing and has lost 1 title.

Right, so success is an excuse to be arrogant  :whistle: Whatever.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »

I have never visited Sigapore!! great place!
new f1 street race this year there, cant wait!!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #316 on: May 25, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »

go on compare their arrogance based on what?? their results-career !!  :rofl_2:
btw all the drivers dislike Hamilton!  :rofl_2:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »

Arrogance is a personality trait, nothing to do with how succesful you are :head-smack: As for all the drivers disliking Hamilton, source?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Arrogance is a personality trait, nothing to do with how succesful you are :head-smack: As for all the drivers disliking Hamilton, source?
what source?? you only need to follow f1 to know that!  :)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2008, 11:34:33 AM »

what source?? you only need to follow f1 to know that!  :)

Which drivers have you heard saying they dislike Hamilton?