Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 66082 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nļ1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?
dont worry MF11! KS is like that!  ;-() :rofl_2:

conchita argued that Hamilton was the most arrogant out there, I'm pointing out somebody I believe to be far more arrogant, and I've never seen a comment from Hamilton that crosses the line from competitive to arrogant. Doesn't show I'm struggling at all, I'm just coming out with clear points against you. The fact your trying to say I'm struggling when I'm not could even imp,y that you are struggling.
I just said the reasons why Alonso can be arrogant even if he is driving the slow Renault.
remember? F1 TWICE CHAMPION, RETIRED SCHUMI!  :)

:rofl_2: So because Alonso was a double world champion, he should expect special treatment over a rookie who was outperforming him? Success doesn't give you the right to be arrogant.
so boring now attacking ALonso...could not care less...! success makes you arrogant, the majority of f1 drivers are arrogant, this is f1, ferrari and mercedes, not karting.

and btw, it's always the same, you are the one who is carrying here the nationality discussion bringing Alonso, spaniard. boring. I dislike Alonso also.

So you think I am saying Alonso is arrogant because I'm arguing with a Spaniard? No, I brought him into the discussion because you claimed Hamilton was the msot arrogant and I believe Alonso to be the most arrogant. Notice I'm not attacking David Coulthard, just because I;m arguing with a (supposedly) Scottish person.
you can not compare Alonso career to Hamilton. :)

I'm not comparing their careers, I'm comparing their arrogance :head-smack:
in that case again all f1 drivers are arrogant, f1 is an elite sport -ferrari-mercdes-bmw-honda.
Alonso can be arrogant, he has won 2 titles, he is a champion, so far Hamilton has won nothing and has lost 1 title.

Right, so success is an excuse to be arrogant  :whistle: Whatever.
go on compare their arrogance based on what?? their results-career !!  :rofl_2:
btw all the drivers dislike Hamilton!  :rofl_2:

Arrogance is a personality trait, nothing to do with how succesful you are :head-smack: As for all the drivers disliking Hamilton, source?
this is funny, it shows you have no idea about Alonso past and humble beginnings.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nļ1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?

conchita argued that Hamilton was the most arrogant out there, I'm pointing out somebody I believe to be far more arrogant, and I've never seen a comment from Hamilton that crosses the line from competitive to arrogant. Doesn't show I'm struggling at all, I'm just coming out with clear points against you. The fact your trying to say I'm struggling when I'm not could even imp,y that you are struggling.
I just said the reasons why Alonso can be arrogant even if he is driving the slow Renault.

:rofl_2: So because Alonso was a double world champion, he should expect special treatment over a rookie who was outperforming him? Success doesn't give you the right to be arrogant.
so boring now attacking ALonso...could not care less...! success makes you arrogant, the majority of f1 drivers are arrogant, this is f1, ferrari and mercedes, not karting.

and btw, it's always the same, you are the one who is carrying here the nationality discussion bringing Alonso, spaniard. boring. I dislike Alonso also.

So you think I am saying Alonso is arrogant because I'm arguing with a Spaniard? No, I brought him into the discussion because you claimed Hamilton was the msot arrogant and I believe Alonso to be the most arrogant. Notice I'm not attacking David Coulthard, just because I;m arguing with a (supposedly) Scottish person.

in that case again all f1 drivers are arrogant, f1 is an elite sport -ferrari-mercdes-bmw-honda.
Alonso can be arrogant, he has won 2 titles, he is a champion, so far Hamilton has won nothing and has lost 1 title.

Arrogance is a personality trait, nothing to do with how succesful you are :head-smack: As for all the drivers disliking Hamilton, source?
what source?? you only need to follow f1 to know that!  :)

Which drivers have you heard saying they dislike Hamilton?
you only need to follow f1 drivers agreements and meetings if you can find Lewis...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:43:35 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2008, 11:47:06 AM »

this is funny, it shows you have no idea about Alonso past and humble beginnings.

Right, so because he didn't go straight into a team like McLaren, he can't possibly be arrogant  :whistle: He believed that because he was a double-world champion, he should have preferential treatment over a rookie: that is arrogant.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »

Right, so because he didn't go straight into a team like McLaren, he can't possibly be arrogant  :whistle: He believed that because he was a double-world champion, he should have preferential treatment over a rookie: that is arrogant.
you hate too much Alonso  give me your source about preferencial treatment requested by Alonso? :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
it's so funny as you know very well what it is in Alonso mind-personality and you have no idea my friend sadly! :rofl_2:
and then go on to say that one of the drivers was better than the other last year, both finished with 109 points.
Alonso did not say that to Denis:
Donít ever f***ing do that to me again!
Ron Dennis: Donít ever f***ing speak to me like that again!
Lewis Hamilton: Go f***ing swivel!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:07:20 PM by conchita »

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2008, 12:18:21 PM »

you hate too much Alonso  give me your source about preferencial treatment requested by Alonso? :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
it's so funny as you know very well what it is in Alonso mind-personality and you have no idea my friend sadly! :rofl_2:
and then go on to say that one of the drivers was better than the other last year, both finished with 109 points.

Not requested: expected, a subtle but very important diference.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/hamilton-vs-alonso-a-fastpaced-tale-of-jealousy-and-intense-sporting-rivalry-460442.html

Fairly decent summary there. Looking at your 2nd sentence, I've no idea what you're trying to say, soorry.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »

Not requested: expected, a subtle but very important diference.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/hamilton-vs-alonso-a-fastpaced-tale-of-jealousy-and-intense-sporting-rivalry-460442.html

Fairly decent summary there. Looking at your 2nd sentence, I've no idea what you're trying to say, soorry.

that's a british interview to Alonso?? is twice f1 and defending champion jealous of a rookie??  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: fastpaced!!  :rofl_2:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »
A "supposedly" Scottish person? Lol, so now you think I'm not even Scottish. Coulthard was brilliant in his time, and if Schumacher hadn't been around the same time as him, David Coulthard would've got at least a couple of world titles. It's all depending on who you're racing with.

Where do you live? I was born in Newcastle, doesn't make me a Geordie.

I live in Cheshire, but that doesn't make me English. I was born in Scotland, lived there for 5 years, still go on holiday there every year, and my parents are both Scottish. If that doesn't make me Scottish I don't know what does.

How long have you lived in England for?

Lived? About 5 years also, considering for some of my life I lived in Singapore.

Right, so you've lived as much of your life in England as in Scotland, yet you still consider anything being Englush as reason enough to dislike it  :whistle:

Hold on, I'd still like you to find me 1 post where I've said I hate all things English. The only English things that I hate are the arrogant things and other things I have a real reason to dislike.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2008, 01:14:13 PM »
A "supposedly" Scottish person? Lol, so now you think I'm not even Scottish. Coulthard was brilliant in his time, and if Schumacher hadn't been around the same time as him, David Coulthard would've got at least a couple of world titles. It's all depending on who you're racing with.

Where do you live? I was born in Newcastle, doesn't make me a Geordie.

I live in Cheshire, but that doesn't make me English. I was born in Scotland, lived there for 5 years, still go on holiday there every year, and my parents are both Scottish. If that doesn't make me Scottish I don't know what does.

How long have you lived in England for?

Lived? About 5 years also, considering for some of my life I lived in Singapore.

Right, so you've lived as much of your life in England as in Scotland, yet you still consider anything being Englush as reason enough to dislike it  :whistle:

Hold on, I'd still like you to find me 1 post where I've said I hate all things English. The only English things that I hate are the arrogant things and other things I have a real reason to dislike.

Oh no, you never admit to that, but you still admit that at least 40% of the reason you dislike Hamilton is because of being English.

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
This whole argument is a joke. The arrogance point isn't true about about Hamilton - I can vouch for that. I'm a huge follower of Hamilton, and have probably heard most of his interviews. Concerning his capability, I'm suprised at you, Conchita. You're passing judgement on someone after one year in the sport? Come on. It seems to me your reason for disliking him is just because of the Ron Dennis comments. Tell me, have you never said anything in the heat of the moment to someone, which you regretted later. This was clearly the case here, especially when you see their relationship after that. I'm seriously suprised at you Conchita, I read what you post on this site a lot, and believe you are probably the most knowledgeable all-round sports person I've ever heard, please don't spoil my opinion of you with this baseless hatred.

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #329 on: May 25, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
Conchita, I realise that I came across quite harsh in that last post, so let me explain my position a bit more:

Your argument about Hamilton not being 15th best I agree with. My complaint is with your other comments (not just in this argument) about Hamilton which are extremely unfair. You have said a few times that its obvious that Hamilton is rubbish and only did well last season because of Alonso, that comment, I think, is baseless. You say you have Hamilton for his swearing at Dennis, which most probably didn't even happen (McLaren issued a statement afterwards denying he ever swore!), and even if it did, IMO, its not a reason to hate someone for swearing at someone in the heat of the moment!
Hopefully I've put my view across a bit clearer. And by the way I'd like to thank you for the absolutely brilliant work you do for this site, I find it indispensable! From tennis results, to European football results, to the previews of football games, Formula 1 races, tennis tournaments, everything! I may not post here a lot, but i regularly visit here just to keep myself updated from your posts...

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #330 on: May 25, 2008, 06:04:11 PM »
you are a huge follower of Hamilton! I like that! I am a huge follower of F1 since late 80's. I love F1!
when I make a comment about a driver it's different if he drives a Toyota or Ferrari.
I expect the best of the drivers of the top teams and I set the standards very high, they are the champions. dont like to say only good things about them.
I follow f1 closely and not only in f1 weekend races. Hamilton has problems with the other drivers because he is the only one that doesnt want to take part in meetings & agreements over safety for drivers. He is not popular to say the least.
Honestly I was very disappointed last year. Alonso won 2 titles with a big point advantage in the middle of the season over Raikkonen first, Schumi the second year, then he drove conservative and won. Hamilton was in the same position last year in the middle of the season and I explained before what happened at Nurburgring, Hungaroring, Monza, Spa, Fuji, Shanghai, Interlagos...too many mistakes or bad results GER, ITA, BEL, CHN, BRA, He lost the title, Kimi did not win, it was Lewis who lost. I dont think Hamilton is rubbish but he collapsed in 1st attempt to win the title as leader. it's too early to pass judgement on him, we must wait 3 more seasons.
Bottom line is: he had a wonderful chance and he failed to make history. didnt like that, imho it was too easy to win the title with the big advantage he had.

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #331 on: May 25, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
It is a bit suprising that he refused to join the drivers association which concerns itself with the safety of formula 1, but remember, he's not the only high profile name who doesn't take part - both Raikanon and Massa aren't members.
Concerning Hamilton's ability, yes, I agree 3 years would be a fair time to give him from when we can form proper conclusions about his ability. But noone can deny how amazing he has been since his debut! Yes, he could have done better the end of last season, but surely that shouldn't detract from his great, unparalleled, start to formula 1 racing. In fact, we're only disappointed in his failures at the latter end of last season because he himself set the bar so high earlier in the season.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »
Canadian GP Montreal, Ile De Notre Dame, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
Is anyone watching the race? What a stupid and idiotic thing Hamilton just did!!!
Everybody had gone into the pits at the same time, so the red lights went on to say they couldn't come out. Kubica and Raikkonen had stoppedto wait for the lights, but then behind them comes Hamilton, who decides it would be a fantastic idea to drive straight into the back of Kimi, forcing the both of them to retire!!! Serves him right, poor Kimi!!!
Thoughts? And no this isn't me hating Hamilton, this is my honest opinion of what a stupid thing it was. If you're watching, you'll definitely agree.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #334 on: June 08, 2008, 12:24:43 PM »
51/70 HAMILTON HAS SMASHED INTO THE BACK OF RAIKKONEN IN THE PIT LANE!!!

The red light was on, it was Hamilton's error. He was going too quickly in the pits, spurred by seeing Kubica speed past him, and he drove way too recklessly. What a mistake from the Briton and his race is over!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
51/70 HAMILTON HAS SMASHED INTO THE BACK OF RAIKKONEN IN THE PIT LANE!!!

The red light was on, it was Hamilton's error. He was going too quickly in the pits, spurred by seeing Kubica speed past him, and he drove way too recklessly. What a mistake from the Briton and his race is over!

I've made a post on this, what a stupid thing to do. I feel sorry for Kimi, quite rightly when they were both out of their cars Kimi pointed his finger at Lewis and obviously had a few accusing words, prompting Hamilton to push him away. Totally Lewis' mistake.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »
Kubica is 18 laps away from his maiden GP win. Heidefeld 2nd!! BMW 1-2!!
Coulthard remains in third, he's looking for his first points of the season. Massa is gaining ground quickly, however.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
Kubica is 18 laps away from his maiden GP win. Heidefeld 2nd!! BMW 1-2!!
Coulthard remains in third, he's looking for his first points of the season. Massa is gaining ground quickly, however.

I hope Coulthard can keep this up, he needs the points, and side by side his old rival Barrichello. Did you see that brilliant pass that Massa made? On a hairpin, I think Kovaleinen was overtaking Barrichello, and while he was doing that, Massa snuck in through the inside, brilliant move.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
Hamilton and Raikkonen what a pathetic incident that was between the 2 of them  :whistle:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »
Hamilton and Raikkonen what a pathetic incident that was between the 2 of them  :whistle:

And are we going to get you to admit who caused it Chris? Or will you be too uptight to reveal the truth? :)~