Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 60686 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »
Hamilton and Raikkonen what a pathetic incident that was between the 2 of them  :whistle:

And are we going to get you to admit who caused it Chris? Or will you be too uptight to reveal the truth? :)~

I don't particularly care about Hamilton, to me he's a little bit too big for his boots already so yes it was his fault, I'm not really biased with him- the only teams/people I'll defend until I'm blue in the face is United and my girls  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »
Is anyone watching the race? What a stupid and idiotic thing Hamilton just did!!!
Everybody had gone into the pits at the same time, so the red lights went on to say they couldn't come out. Kubica and Raikkonen had stoppedto wait for the lights, but then behind them comes Hamilton, who decides it would be a fantastic idea to drive straight into the back of Kimi, forcing the both of them to retire!!! Serves him right, poor Kimi!!!
Thoughts? And no this isn't me hating Hamilton, this is my honest opinion of what a stupid thing it was. If you're watching, you'll definitely agree.

Take off the blue-tinted glasses for a minute, yeah?

1) "Hamilton, who decides it would be a fantastic idea to drive straight into the back of Kimi"  :rofl_2: He didn't realise they were stopping, and when he did, he just failed to brake in time. Idiotic, bt the wording there is totally absurd. He made a mistake, yes, but he certainly didn't decide to go into the back of him. If you look at it, you can see he's clearly braking hard and trying to steer round him.
2) "I feel sorry for Kimi, quite rightly when they were both out of their cars Kimi pointed his finger at Lewis and obviously had a few accusing words, prompting Hamilton to push him away." From what I saw, Raikkonen was very classy about it and patted Hamilton consolingly on the back, rather than being angry about a genuine mistake. I didn't see an angry word between them.

Yes, it was Hamilton's error, but the way you've worded it you'd think Hamilton deliberately took Raikkonen out of the race for no particular reason (as if he would do that while winning :head-smack: ). I've seen BNP members put forward more balanced arguments than you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:20:55 PM by kickserve »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
Obviously, my argument is very biased, but I have my reasons, and you have yours for defending him. What you described in your first point is probably true, but did he really think he could steer out of the way? It was his mistake, and any professional driver should always check the lights when coming out of the pits.
On your second point, Kimi did pat Lewis on the back, but that was only the first of the actions, next Kimi pointed at Hamilton, and Lewis kind of flapped Kimi away as if he didn't want to talk about it, which I understand fully. There's no arguing that it was his fault though, and I'd like to see what matters are taken with this issue.

1st= Robert Kubica!!! First win for the Pole, very well done indeed!!! Now one more driver is needed to win to make the list of different race inners 100, could it be Heidfeld?
2nd= Nick Heidfeld!!!
3rd= David Coulthard!!! Great result for the Brit, and deserving of his result, I'm extremely pleased for him.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »
did he really think he could steer out of the way?
No, he thought Raikkonnen and Kubica were moving on, until it was too late, but by trying to steer round them while braking, he was making every attempt he could to avoid a collision or minimize the damage.

It was his mistake, and any professional driver should always check the lights when coming out of the pits.
Yes, obviously it was his mistake, but have you ever seen them on red before? I seriously doubt it's on the top of the list of priorities in a race. Not to excuse him, but it's not an everyday occurence.

On your second point, Kimi did pat Lewis on the back, but that was only the first of the actions, next Kimi pointed at Hamilton, and Lewis kind of flapped Kimi away as if he didn't want to talk about it, which I understand fully.
So now we're down to Kimi pointing at Hamilton, and Hamilton flapping him away. Previously, Kimi 'obviously had a few accusing words" (and quite rightly, apparently) and Hamilton "pushed him away".

There's no arguing that it was his fault though, and I'd like to see what matters are taken with this issue.
I seriously doubt anything will happen, all drivers make mistakes.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »
Okay we obviously have our agreements, lets just leave it as Lewis obviously made a stupid mistake that could've been easily avoided by looking at the lights, and it's not an everyday occurence so there's always one driver that'll forget to check. I was assuming accusing words had been said between the pair, after seeing the gestures made by each of them, but I can't be sure, due to the fact as drivers, they had helmets on. Gee, what a surprise. Whether measures are taken or not, lets just agree that it shouldn't have happened, but it did.

Now lets focus on the positive points of Kubica winning his first Grand Prix and his current place at the the top of the Drivers' Championship with 42, compared to Lewis and Massa's 38 and Kimi's 35.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
Kubica first grand prix win!! BMW 1-2!! Kubica leading the standings!!!
Kubica will win more races and perhaps the title in the future. Amazing driver.
happy he won in the track when he almost lost his life in a terrible horror crash!!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »
Crash costs Hamilton 10 grid places

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton will drop 10 places on the French Grand Prix starting grid after a pit lane collision with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen in Canada.

Race stewards also imposed the same penalty on Williams' Nico Rosberg.

Hamilton and world champion Raikkonen were forced to retire after the coming together in a race eventually won by BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica.

Raikkonen had stopped at the red light at the end of the pit lane on lap 20, with Polish driver Kubica waiting alongside, after they had made their first stops while the safety car was deployed.

Hamilton failed to brake in time, the Briton piling hard into the back of the stationary Ferrari with Rosberg then shunting the McLaren and breaking his car's front wing.

The German was able to return to the pits for a new front wing and finished 10th.

The French GP, round eight of the 18-race championship, will be held at Magny Cours on June 22.

Hamilton is second in the championship, four points behind Kubica and level with Ferrari's Brazilian Felipe Massa. The 23-year-old Briton was third in France last year behind Raikkonen and Massa.

Reuters
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2008, 01:37:02 AM »
Good to see something hass been done about it.

Kickserve, everything I said was true it turns out about the accusing by Kimi!!!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2008, 02:54:05 AM »

Kickserve, everything I said was true it turns out about the accusing by Kimi!!!

1) Where does it say Kimi was accusing him?
2) You didn't know that at the time, if it was true it was pure luck.
3) Kimi isn't one to talk, having taken out Sutil in Monte Carlo with an accident, and he was able to continue while Sutil lost his only chance of big points.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »

3) Kimi isn't one to talk, having taken out Sutil in Monte Carlo with an accident, and he was able to continue while Sutil lost his only chance of big points.

Like you, I feel extremely sorry for Sutil about losing his only chance of big points, but here's what it said in the Times this morning:
"If I go at 300kph, lose control and hit somebody, it is natural. But if there is a pitlane speed limit and two cars were stopped and you hit them, it is stupid. I saw the red light and chose to top. Unfortunately, someone saw the red light and chose not to". Raikkonen wagged an admonishing finger at Hamilton as the drivers trudged back to their respective garages.
Believe me, I knew, it was nowhere near luck, nothing of the sort.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »

Like you, I feel extremely sorry for Sutil about losing his only chance of big points, but here's what it said in the Times this morning:
"If I go at 300kph, lose control and hit somebody, it is natural. But if there is a pitlane speed limit and two cars were stopped and you hit them, it is stupid. I saw the red light and chose to top. Unfortunately, someone saw the red light and chose not to". Raikkonen wagged an admonishing finger at Hamilton as the drivers trudged back to their respective garages.
Believe me, I knew, it was nowhere near luck, nothing of the sort.

Raikkonen also said "I'm not angry but what Hamilton did was inexplicable. More, it was stupid." Even so, what he said was a far cry from:
"quite rightly when they were both out of their cars Kimi pointed his finger at Lewis and obviously had a few accusing words, prompting Hamilton to push him away."
Also, for him to say "Unfortunately, someone saw the red light and chose not to (stop)" is utter rubbish: does he actually think Hamilton 'decided not to stop': he was clearly braking hard, just didn't spot it until it was too late. Raikkonen didn't spot it himself either, he and Kubica were both told by their pit crew, Hamilton wasn't until it was too late.

By the way, where are you getting your quote from?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »
McLaren accept Hamilton penalty

McLaren accepted Lewis Hamilton's punishment for a pit-lane collision at the Canadian Grand Prix that shunted him and Ferrari title rival Kimi Raikkonen out of the race.

The embarrassing accident cost the 23-year-old Briton his Formula One championship lead as well as incurring a 10 place penalty on the starting grid for the French Grand Prix at Magny-Cours in two weeks' time.

"We regard the stewards' decision as hard but fair," McLaren chief executive Martin Whitmarsh said in a post-race debrief. "Hard in the sense that it clearly makes Lewis's task more difficult in Magny-Cours, but fair on the grounds that we have no argument with their contention that he did cause an avoidable accident.

"Sometimes severe consequences can be the results of split-second misjudgements. And in this instance we'll take the loss of a likely win and the 10 place grid penalty squarely on the chin," he added.

Raikkonen, the former McLaren driver who beat Hamilton to the title with Ferrari last year, said the Briton's actions were inexplicable and stupid.

British newspapers also piled on the embarrassment for a driver who had joked before the race about his father, Anthony, crashing a 330,000 Porsche through a hedge near his house in south east England last week.

"You're supposed to stop at red, Lew Silly Boy," joked the back page of the Sun newspaper. "Crash Dummy" said the Daily Telegraph, while the Daily Express referred to "Hamilton's Howler."

Whitmarsh agreed that Ferrari and Raikkonen, whose car had been stationary waiting for a red light to change at the pit lane exit when Hamilton piled into him, were the "innocent victims".

Reuters

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2008, 01:03:18 AM »
My quote came from the mouth of the Iceman, put into words in the Times. Hamilton said in the article his pit lane told him as well, but it was too late.
If you 've just come in from behind a safety car like they did, the lights are likely to be on red, therefore the first thing you should be doing is checking those lights. Hamilton obviously didn't. Now, I'm not gonnawaste my time arguing over this topic anymore.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »
That was just one crazy incident.  I wouldnt put too much stock into it or read negative things into Hamilton's personality from it.    Things will move on.  Raikkoneon has every right to be upset however.  Hamilton's positive recent momentum is stalled somewhat now though, and Raikkonen's momentum which was already regressing lately continues to a little more with that race.    Kubina leading the World Championship is unbelievable to me.  I cant see him on top at seasons end but who knows.   Sauber are not quite as fast as Ferrari and McLaren I think, so he would need some luck to win the Championships.    Massa is in good shape to possibly do it I think.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2008, 02:14:52 AM »
That was just one crazy incident.  I wouldnt put too much stock into it or read negative things into Hamilton's personality from it.    Things will move on.  Raikkoneon has every right to be upset however.  Hamilton's positive recent momentum is stalled somewhat now though, and Raikkonen's momentum which was already regressing lately continues to a little more with that race.    Kubina leading the World Championship is unbelievable to me.  I cant see him on top at seasons end but who knows.   Sauber are not quite as fast as Ferrari and McLaren I think, so he would need some luck to win the Championships.    Massa is in good shape to possibly do it I think.

Where do you see Kubica ending up next year? He looks like at least keeping a title challenge going for most of the season, in a far weaker car than McLaren or Ferrari, do you see him going to either of them soon?

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »

Where do you see Kubica ending up next year? He looks like at least keeping a title challenge going for most of the season, in a far weaker car than McLaren or Ferrari, do you see him going to either of them soon?

I dont see Alonso getting with Ferrari or any top car anytime soon.  His stock has fallen, not only with perceptions of his ability, but moreso his piss poor attitude and the cancer he can be on a top team.   The reason I mention him is only because if he were of interest to the top cars (well obviously Ferrari in this case) then that could clog up space for Kubina, but I dont think that is a factor. 

I am not positive at all that McLaren is going to be satisfied with Kovalainen at years end so it is quite possible Kubina could end up replacing him at McLaren IMO.  I think they expected him to be quicker and closer to Hamilton then he has been, and I have read many reports Ron Dennis is not pleased with his performance so far.    So I think a good shot at maybe getting a seat with McLaren.   Ferrari seems less likely, but it still is possible Massa could be gone after this year as his contract is up, despite that he has a decent shot of maybe finishing over his teammate Raikkonen and maybe even winning the Championships himself.   Raikkonen is going nowhere regardless what happens to him this year.   

So my first guess would be McLaren replacing Kovalainen, but quite possibly still at Sauber, and only a slim chance to Ferrari.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:56:41 PM by kittens25 »

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2008, 07:22:07 AM »
Good start by Hamilton

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2008, 07:29:05 AM »
Certainly was as he went from 4th to almost 1st before the 1st corner, in the end it was 2nd that he took, however he soon made his pass and now leads the British GP!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
Hamilton of course won the race while both Massa and Kubina crashed out and gained no points.    Hamilton, Massa, and Raikkonen are now in a 3-way tie atop the points with Kubica only 2 back.  Really exciting battle between those 4, each have held the lead at some point this year, and each of them seemingly could win the Drivers Championship.  It is not even clear who the best car is, let alone the best driver, just yet.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »
Hamilton of course won the race while both Massa and Kubina crashed out and gained no points.    Hamilton, Massa, and Raikkonen are now in a 3-way tie atop the points with Kubica only 2 back.  Really exciting battle between those 4, each have held the lead at some point this year, and each of them seemingly could win the Drivers Championship.  It is not even clear who the best car is, let alone the best driver, just yet.

I'm really glad that we've finally got a season like that. From one race to the next this year one car has looked to have a much better performance than their rivals but then the next race that can be all change. Coming into the British GP Hamilton was 10 points off the pace but in one single afternoon that deficit has gone completely to see a 3 way tie at the top. Should be a great second part of the season this time around.