Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 65786 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:12 AM »
Hamilton of course won the race while both Massa and Kubina crashed out and gained no points.    Hamilton, Massa, and Raikkonen are now in a 3-way tie atop the points with Kubica only 2 back.  Really exciting battle between those 4, each have held the lead at some point this year, and each of them seemingly could win the Drivers Championship.  It is not even clear who the best car is, let alone the best driver, just yet.

I'm really glad that we've finally got a season like that. From one race to the next this year one car has looked to have a much better performance than their rivals but then the next race that can be all change. Coming into the British GP Hamilton was 10 points off the pace but in one single afternoon that deficit has gone completely to see a 3 way tie at the top. Should be a great second part of the season this time around.

For sure.   Definitely unpredictable from week to week which car is looking the best, and things can change in the standings in a hurry as you say.   The only clear things are Kovalainen is nowhere up to Hamilton's standards, granted that doesnt mean they will get rid of him since they might be very happy with an adequate #2 who cant challenge their "star" for many years to come anyway; and that Alonso will have a very hard time finding a drive with a top car next year as well (and that Kubina will defintitely get priority to move to Ferrari over him if a seat were to open up there)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2008, 05:52:07 PM »
Lewis and Adrian (Sutil)  :zipped: Can't say too much but what a shocker if true  ;-() (Hot gossip indeed 98% source as well)
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2008, 12:44:09 PM »
Raikkonen considering retirement

Kimi Raikkonen has refused to commit to Formula One beyond the end of his Ferrari contract in 2009.

The reigning world champion, who had a lacklustre German Grand Prix last weekend, also defended himself against rumours that his heart is no longer in the competition.

"I am not in a hurry to decide," Raikkonen told El Mundo. "I have one more year on my contract that I want to fulfil.

"For 2010, we will see. It is not an easy decision, it is necessary to evaluate many things.

"I don't feel like I need to explain, I will make my decision when I am ready. Ferrari is not rushing me either.

"The desire to win hasn't decreased at all."

Before the race at Hockenheim Raikkonen had insisted that he would not break his current contract with Italian outfit Ferrari and would definitely drive for them next season.

The 28-year-old Finn responded positively to questions about the possibility of working with Spanish Renault driver Fernando Alonso at the Scuderia then or in 2010.

"Why not?" he said. "Who knows?

"But I am not the one who makes the decisions about drivers."

Raikkonen added that should he decide to retire, boredom would not be a problem for him.

"There are many things to do outside of Formula One - I will find ways to amuse myself," he said. "I have never had problems with having spare time."

Raikkonen is now seven points behind championship leader Lewis Hamilton - who won the German GP for McLaren - with team-mate Felipe Massa also ahead of him, three points better off.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2008, 08:58:24 AM »
What a race!!!

Lewis Hamilton started in pole position, and with the Hungarian Grand Prix traditionally being quite boring, most of the country including Hamilton and race commentators, thought that Lewis would stroll to victory, but it wasn't to be!

Right at the start of the race, Felipe Massa who strarted in 3rd, had a great start and leapt past Heikki Kovaleinen and then drove right past Hamilton too! Massa and Hamilton had some good battles, with the gap closing and opening frequently, until Hamilton ran over some debris and got a puncture on his front left tyre, causing him to lock up and make an unexpected pit stop.

He rejoined the race in P12 alongside David Coulthard who he was quick in getting rid of. This left Massa in the lead and driving a brilliant race with Kovaleinen 23 seconds behind in P2, followed by the unexpected 3rd placed Toyota of Timo Glock, who had a brilliant race today.

Next to stop was Felipe Massa, who rejoined just behind Kovaleinen, but after all the stops had been made, Massa was back in first. Meanwhile, due to this round of stops, Hamilton had got himself back up some positions to 6th. In 4th and 5th was an ongoing battle between Fernando and Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, in which Alonso had seemingly been holding up Kimi for most of the race. However, Kimi stayted on an extra lap from Alonso after his stop, and rejoined the race in front, and raced off to try and join Glock.

Coming close to the end of the race, it seemed to be over, Massa cruising to victory ahead of Kovaleinen, Glock, Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton now in 6th. We had Kimi closing in on Glock, Lewis closing in on Alonso, all looking close except for Massa cruising, but then, when no-one expected it, a puff of smoke came out of Massa's rear! The engine was dead, causing Massa to retire with just 3 laps to go!!! This resulted in Kimi being told by Ferrari to slow down and take care, giving Glock breathing space in 2nd.

The race finished with the 7th different race winner for 7 years in Hungary with Heikki Kovaleinen winning, followed by Timo Glock, Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. This was a huge blow for Felipe Massa who'd had a great race and was deserving of the race win. Hamilton retains his number 1 in the Championship as a result of Massa's engine failiure.

And by the way ITV. What were you thinking letting Damon Hill commentate whilst Martin Brundell was away? He did a terrible job!!! I sincerely hope that the BBC don't take him on board when F1 coverage switches to the BBC for next season...

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
What a race!!!

Lewis Hamilton started in pole position, and with the Hungarian Grand Prix traditionally being quite boring, most of the country including Hamilton and race commentators, thought that Lewis would stroll to victory, but it wasn't to be!

Right at the start of the race, Felipe Massa who strarted in 3rd, had a great start and leapt past Heikki Kovaleinen and then drove right past Hamilton too! Massa and Hamilton had some good battles, with the gap closing and opening frequently, until Hamilton ran over some debris and got a puncture on his front left tyre, causing him to lock up and make an unexpected pit stop.

He rejoined the race in P12 alongside David Coulthard who he was quick in getting rid of. This left Massa in the lead and driving a brilliant race with Kovaleinen 23 seconds behind in P2, followed by the unexpected 3rd placed Toyota of Timo Glock, who had a brilliant race today.

Next to stop was Felipe Massa, who rejoined just behind Kovaleinen, but after all the stops had been made, Massa was back in first. Meanwhile, due to this round of stops, Hamilton had got himself back up some positions to 6th. In 4th and 5th was an ongoing battle between Fernando and Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, in which Alonso had seemingly been holding up Kimi for most of the race. However, Kimi stayted on an extra lap from Alonso after his stop, and rejoined the race in front, and raced off to try and join Glock.

Coming close to the end of the race, it seemed to be over, Massa cruising to victory ahead of Kovaleinen, Glock, Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton now in 6th. We had Kimi closing in on Glock, Lewis closing in on Alonso, all looking close except for Massa cruising, but then, when no-one expected it, a puff of smoke came out of Massa's rear! The engine was dead, causing Massa to retire with just 3 laps to go!!! This resulted in Kimi being told by Ferrari to slow down and take care, giving Glock breathing space in 2nd.

The race finished with the 7th different race winner for 7 years in Hungary with Heikki Kovaleinen winning, followed by Timo Glock, Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. This was a huge blow for Felipe Massa who'd had a great race and was deserving of the race win. Hamilton retains his number 1 in the Championship as a result of Massa's engine failiure.

And by the way ITV. What were you thinking letting Damon Hill commentate whilst Martin Brundell was away? He did a terrible job!!! I sincerely hope that the BBC don't take him on board when F1 coverage switches to the BBC for next season...
Button won a spectactular race in Budapest 2 years ago, probably the best race in the last 3 seasons.
Massa retirement was as cruel as the one of Schumacher in Suzuka 2 years ago. Destiny is against Massa.
great news now: 2 new street races and best circuits -Spa, Monza- are coming....
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »
Looking forward to the sights of Singapore as I used to live there. My parents will see it live!!!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »
Looking forward to the sights of Singapore as I used to live there. My parents will see it live!!!
It is going to be very interesting, Valencia, Singapore, Suzuka and Monza are probably circuits where the driver is more improtant than the car.
Your parents are very lucky! :) when the drivers raced in a circuit for the first time it's always a very good race because the drivers and teams dont know the circuit. 
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2008, 03:28:11 PM »

Thats about the 44th time you've told us  :)~  :rofl_2:

By the way I was in your hometown on Monday afternoon!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 03:28:56 PM by Chris1987 »

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2008, 03:31:12 PM »
talking about circuits, it so pathetic Silverstone is going to be replaced by Donington Park -with is last parking lot section.
the best circuit in UK was-is-will be Brands Hatch, sadly it is too dangerous.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #369 on: August 09, 2008, 03:53:20 AM »
talking about circuits, it so pathetic Silverstone is going to be replaced by Donington Park -with is last parking lot section.
the best circuit in UK was-is-will be Brands Hatch, sadly it is too dangerous.

I think that's stupid as well conchita. I have been to Donnington Park a couple of times to see a big Renault festival or something with a few races, and the track is decent, but they seriously need to do something about the seating and stuff.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #370 on: August 09, 2008, 03:53:43 AM »
And Chris, where abouts in Sandbach were you?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #371 on: August 09, 2008, 03:55:56 AM »

In the main part of the town, do you know where the bus station part is, and then Barclays Bank?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2008, 03:59:07 AM »

In the main part of the town, do you know where the bus station part is, and then Barclays Bank?

I think so yeah. I don't really know it that well, I live a bit down the road from the main part out past the McDonalds along Middlewich Road a bit.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2008, 04:01:36 AM »

I think so yeah. I don't really know it that well, I live a bit down the road from the main part out past the McDonalds along Middlewich Road a bit.

Not sure where that part is. I just came straight off the motorway and couple of minutes later I was in the town part. Pretty small town as thought but from what I saw not a bad little place. A real treck for me though as it was close to a 85 mile round trip for me.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

incredible circuit! difficult to find the right words! onboard lap of Marina Bay Circuit in Singapore!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMXaXfsQ_Mg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:41:23 PM by conchita »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2008, 05:43:24 AM »
Thanks for that conchita!!! Brings back memories, the Espianade theatre was nicknamed the Durian as it was in that shape, it's an extremely smelly fruit!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #376 on: August 10, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »
you're welcome MF! it seems Singapore is a wonderful city. did you enjoy your time there? do you miss Singapore? how about the people?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #377 on: August 10, 2008, 09:15:47 AM »
you're welcome MF! it seems Singapore is a wonderful city. did you enjoy your time there? do you miss Singapore? how about the people?

Wonderful country! I loved it there! Sometimes the weather would get TOO hot, but even the rain was warm! Fantastic! I'd love to go on holiday there more often, but my friends have all moved away now, one to Denmark, one New Zealand, 1 China, 1 Malaysia, and 1 even down south in my country now! I don't conact them much anymore though. I think we have friends coming to visit at Christmas that still live there, but they're more friends of my sister.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #378 on: August 10, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »

Wonderful country! I loved it there! Sometimes the weather would get TOO hot, but even the rain was warm! Fantastic! I'd love to go on holiday there more often, but my friends have all moved away now, one to Denmark, one New Zealand, 1 China, 1 Malaysia, and 1 even down south in my country now! I don't conact them much anymore though. I think we have friends coming to visit at Christmas that still live there, but they're more friends of my sister.
you can always make new friends the next time you visit Singapore, it is so easy for you, not a problem  :)
how many years did you live there? I prefer hot weather than cool weather.  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2008, 09:39:48 AM »

I lived there about 2.5 years. You're lucky then, living in Spain!!!
you can always make new friends the next time you visit Singapore, it is so easy for you, not a problem  :)
how many years did you live there? I prefer hot weather than cool weather.  :)