Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 66968 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2008, 11:24:31 PM »
Ok, the penalty was for the incident at the chicane where:
1) Hamilton tries to go round Kimi on the inside before the chicane.
2) Kimi blocks him off, forcing Hamilton away .
3) Rosberg, who had been on the grass, comes back on, cutting right across Hamilton, who has to go behind him, forcing him to miss the chicane and onto the grass.
4) Hamilton rejoins after the chicane in front of Raikkonen.
5) Then, realising he'd cut the corner, he let's Raikkonen past (that's fully past, Raikkonen was a car-length ahead)
6) Hamilton then, having let Raikkonen ahead, outpaces him on the straight and is ahead by the next corner.

What on earth did he do to incur a 25-second penalty? If I were shankar, I would assume a conspiracy against Hamilton, as it is I don't have a clue what the FIA are thinking.

Hamilton never gets a fair break in F1 with these things,conspiracy against Hamilton i to wonder sometimes.If its anyone else for the team with a red car nowt nothing happens :head-bash: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »
Obviouly no-one has actuallly realised what Hamilton did was wrong. Sure he couldn't really do anything else, and letting Kimi pass was the right thing to do, but from that he gained an advantage, allowing him to automatically retake the lead.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:27 PM »
No, he was able to re-take the lead because he was faster in the wet :head-smack: He'd caught up 2 seconds in the lap to get on Raikkonen's tail, so was clearly much much faster, was up his backside before the corner, and after being forced off, he let him past, was up his backside again, back where he'd started.

Simple fact is, Murrayfan: Raikkonen failed to finish the race anyway, and had that incident not occured there is no way on earth Hamilton would've finished 3rd.

Hamilton was in the same position before he overtook as he was before the corner: right in Raikkonnen's slipstream.

BTW, if anybody does think there is a conspiracy going on for Ferrari, do they know who Max Mosley's successor is? Jean Todt  :rofl_2:

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2008, 12:39:38 PM »

Hamilton was obviously wrong. He let Kimi pass him for what.. 2 meters ? He situated in the suction of the Ferrari and passed him over in what, 2 seconds ? He should have let Raikkonen regain some more distance before going after him again.

Well done for the sanction. I thought they should do sth online as soon as I saw the sorpasso.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »

Hamilton was obviously wrong. He let Kimi pass him for what.. 2 meters ? He situated in the suction of the Ferrari and passed him over in what, 2 seconds ? He should have let Raikkonen regain some more distance before going after him again.

Well done for the sanction. I thought they should do sth online as soon as I saw the sorpasso.

Raikkonen was no further clear up the straight than he had been when Hamilton tried to overtake before the chicane.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »
No, he was able to re-take the lead because he was faster in the wet :head-smack: He'd caught up 2 seconds in the lap to get on Raikkonen's tail, so was clearly much much faster, was up his backside before the corner, and after being forced off, he let him past, was up his backside again, back where he'd started.

Simple fact is, Murrayfan: Raikkonen failed to finish the race anyway, and had that incident not occured there is no way on earth Hamilton would've finished 3rd.

Hamilton was in the same position before he overtook as he was before the corner: right in Raikkonnen's slipstream.

BTW, if anybody does think there is a conspiracy going on for Ferrari, do they know who Max Mosley's successor is? Jean Todt  :rofl_2:

And thats the biggest joke of all- him in that position  :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »
kickserve, Batman has given a Non-English/British view, and I'm pretty sure he has not much against the English.
The simple fact is kickserve: You're the same nationality as Hamilton so are bound to stick up for him, and the decision seems to be final now, so you complaining is absolutely pointless.

Now how about you stop making an argument out of every other post I make?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #407 on: September 09, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
kickserve, Batman has given a Non-English/British view, and I'm pretty sure he has not much against the English.
The simple fact is kickserve: You're the same nationality as Hamilton so are bound to stick up for him, and the decision seems to be final now, so you complaining is absolutely pointless.

OK, so maybe I'm slightly biased. However, you are extremely biased anti-English so are bound to go against Hamilton. Batman has given his opinion, which is fair enough, but have you seen those of Nikki Lauda and Jackie Stewart, both neutral theoretically and probably (no offence Batman) more knowledgeable on F1 than him.

I'll make a discussion out of any post I disagree with, that's what a forum is for. It just so happens I disagree with pretty much everything you say  :)~

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #408 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

OK, so maybe I'm extremely biased. However, you are extremely biased anti-English so are bound to go against Hamilton. Batman has given his opinion, which is fair enough, but have you seen those of Nikki Lauda and Jackie Stewart, both neutral theoretically and probably (no offence Batman) more knowledgeable on F1 than him.

I'll make a discussion out of any post I disagree with, that's what a forum is for. It just so happens I disagree with pretty much everything you say  :)~

Yes I am anti-English, but not for everything, which I've tried to say to you so many times, but it just doesn't seem to get to your brain!!! And the stewards are even less biased than Jackie Stewart, it's their job, and they made the decision! If you think there's some kind of conspiracy, that just backs up what I'm saying. F1 is a fair sport that's had bad publicity the last couple of years, but that's all!

And half the things I say that you make an argument of that I say are just my opinion, something you can't seem to let me have. And some I know.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

OK, so maybe I'm extremely biased. However, you are extremely biased anti-English so are bound to go against Hamilton. Batman has given his opinion, which is fair enough, but have you seen those of Nikki Lauda and Jackie Stewart, both neutral theoretically and probably (no offence Batman) more knowledgeable on F1 than him.

Yes I am anti-English, but not for everything, which I've tried to say to you so many times, but it just doesn't seem to get to your brain!!! And the stewards are even less biased than Jackie Stewart, it's their job, and they made the decision! If you think there's some kind of conspiracy, that just backs up what I'm saying. F1 is a fair sport that's had bad publicity the last couple of years, but that's all!

And half the things I say that you make an argument of that I say are just my opinion, something you can't seem to let me have. And some I know.

Ok, not for everything, but you are very anti-Hamilton, are you not? :head-smack: I'm not saying they're biased, I'm saying they're wrong, backed up by those 2 neutral former drivers and pretty much every other pundit who's commented. Find me somebody in F1 outside of the FIA or team Ferrari who's supported that decision? I've never said there's any conspiracy.

I let you have an opinion, I just disagree with most of them and discuss them with you.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #410 on: September 09, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »
Ok, not for everything, but you are very anti-Hamilton, are you not? :head-smack: I'm not saying they're biased, I'm saying they're wrong, backed up by those 2 neutral former drivers and pretty much every other pundit who's commented. Find me somebody in F1 outside of the FIA or team Ferrari who's supported that decision? I've never said there's any conspiracy.

I let you have an opinion, I just disagree with most of them and discuss them with you.

And we both stand for our opinions all the time and hardly ever give way to the other person, so is there really any point "discussing" them?
I really can't be bothered finding anything as I have better things to do like sit in front of a tennis forum typing for half my life :)~ You have joked about a conspiracy, and have seemed serious at times.
I'm very anti-Hamilton, yes, and this is because I absolutely hate his arrogance, only 20% of my reason is for him being English. You have said he's not arrogant, does the phrase before the Belgian Grand Prix "No-one is going to overtake me this time" ring a bell? And what happened 1 lap in?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:13 AM »
And we both stand for our opinions all the time and hardly ever give way to the other person, so is there really any point "discussing" them?
I really can't be bothered finding anything as I have better things to do like sit in front of a tennis forum typing for half my life :)~ You have joked about a conspiracy, and have seemed serious at times.
I'm very anti-Hamilton, yes, and this is because I absolutely hate his arrogance, only 20% of my reason is for him being English. You have said he's not arrogant, does the phrase before the Belgian Grand Prix "No-one is going to overtake me this time" ring a bell? And what happened 1 lap in?

Have you heard of mind games? Do you not think there may be something smart in trying to put a doubt in the mind of anybody trying to overtake him? Is Fergie, or benitez arrogant whenever they talk about the strengths of their own team?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
Have you heard of mind games? Do you not think there may be something smart in trying to put a doubt in the mind of anybody trying to overtake him? Is Fergie, or benitez arrogant whenever they talk about the strengths of their own team?

Partly, but some of it they can back up with performance. And they also talk about weaknesses.

Hamilton didn't back up this phrase. In my opinion, you have to be able to back something up if you're saying it. I don't often hear Hamilton talking about his weaknesses or bad performances.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #413 on: September 09, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
Partly, but some of it they can back up with performance. And they also talk about weaknesses.

Hamilton didn't back up this phrase. In my opinion, you have to be able to back something up if you're saying it. I don't often hear Hamilton talking about his weaknesses or bad performances.

He did back it up, by pointing out that prior to that race, he'd only been done on the outside once.

What self-respecting sportsman advertises his weaknesses to his opponents? :head-smack:

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #414 on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »

I am obviously not anti English, I am a Raikkonen follower but also McLaren is my favourite scuderia, so... I dont know which bias I do have...

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #415 on: September 13, 2008, 06:53:21 AM »
Latest news:
All the drivers were asked about their thoughts on the Hamilton incident, and of the 20 drivers, only 1 said that they thought what Hamilton did was right. Who was it? Lewis Hamilton himself. ..-)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
All the annoying drama aside, which I mostly sidestep and atleast it isnt anywhere near as bad as last years F1 series of PR fiascos, the battle for the drivers championship has now dwindled down to a 2-man race between Massa and Hamilton.  It will be interesting to see what happens over the closing races.    The constructors championship is not over yet, but I would be surprised if Ferrari did not win that.    Some interesting sub stories for me this year:

-it does not seem Alonso is going to be able to get into any kind of leading car anytime soon.  His future as an elite in F1 might be over, or atleast until Renault becomes an elite car again.   That is certainly interesting.   Since the guy exposed himself last year as a total SOB who whines and pouts like a baby when things dont go exactly as planned for him, I find it hard to be too sympathetic towars him.

-I did expect Kovalainen to be slower then Hamilton this year.   I did not expect as extreme a gap as it has been.  It also really shows what a hopeless driver Fisichella is as the gap between Kovalainen and Fisichella last year at Renault was enormous as well.    Fischella certainly helped make Alonso look that much better for awhile.   Really the main thing here though is will McLaren want to keep Kovalainen after this year?  I know they are happy Hamilton is the clear #1 anyway, but I suspect they still want a stronger #2 driver then this.

-Massa is simply dominating Raikkonen at the moment.  Who saw that coming.   I was one who thought before the year that Massa might surprise alot of people and slightly outdo Kimi, but I never would have seen Massa outperforming Kimi by such an extreme as he is at the moment.  Who do Ferrari consider their #1 right now when it was always assumed it was Kimi, or do they ever have a strong #1 mindset for one of their drivers?

-Kubica continues to impress.   Will he get a chance with a faster car next year?   Maybe he could take Kovalainen's seat at McLaren?   

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #417 on: September 14, 2008, 08:31:52 AM »
I cant believe what is happening.   A freaking Toro Rosso winning a F1 race.    Sebastien Vettel also becomes the youngest driver in history to win a F1 race.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #418 on: September 14, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »
I cant believe what is happening.   A freaking Toro Rosso winning a F1 race.    Sebastien Vettel also becomes the youngest driver in history to win a F1 race.

Lol, I just feel sorry for Bourdais, I wanted him to do well. I'm pleased for Vettel though, good job. It shows Torro Rosso have a good car and good drivers for the conditions provided.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #419 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53:42 AM »
Lol, I just feel sorry for Bourdais, I wanted him to do well. I'm pleased for Vettel though, good job. It shows Torro Rosso have a good car and good drivers for the conditions provided.

Yeah, I guess I shouldnt be this amazed since they have been the 3rd or 4th fastest car the last month and a half.  However it is just shocking to think of a car that even at the start of this year, and for many years when they were Minardi, as the absolute worst on the circuit, actually winning a F1 race.

On another note the Finnish drivers I have seen over the years- whether it be Hakkinen, Raikkonnen, and Kovalainen have always had the most boring press conferences ever always.  I dont know what they are like away from the track, but they come across as stones, BORING!!!!   If you are shy and serious by nature couldnt you atleast smile once in awhile you stonemen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:54:52 AM by kittens25 »