Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 66141 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »
conchita, remember what happened last year? I think Hamilton was 13 points clear with 2 races to go and that all changed, so don't jump to conclusions!!!
last year the rivals were Alonso and Raikkonen, this year the rival is Massa. It's like Manchester United trying to win last year against Arsenal and Liverpool and this year the rival is Pompey. it's better to admit defeat, Shanghai is a very easy track, last year Hamilton won in Fuji-rain and Interlagos is quite difficult.
if your parents went to 1 race and Alonso won, tell them to go all races!!  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:21:13 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2008, 03:07:17 PM »
conchita, remember what happened last year? I think Hamilton was 13 points clear with 2 races to go and that all changed, so don't jump to conclusions!!!
last year the rivals were Alonso and Raikkonen, this year the rival is Massa. It's like Manchester United trying to win last year against Arsenal and Liverpool and this year the rival is Pompey. it's better to admit defeat, Shanghai is a very easy track, last year Hamilton won in Fuji-rain and Interlagos is quite difficult.
if your parents went to 1 race and Alonso won, tell them to go all races!!  :rofl_2:

Very true!!! I'm hoping to get the chance to go to Donnington Park when the British GP gets moved to there, as I've been there for Renault days so it'd be a good experience.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »

Very true!!! I'm hoping to get the chance to go to Donnington Park when the British GP gets moved to there, as I've been there for Renault days so it'd be a good experience.
what are the Renault days?? It's sad Silverstone will not remain in the claendar, first and second section of the track are amazing!! Donnington is ok! but the last and new section it's a parking lot!!! I think GBR deserves a new race track for F1!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #463 on: September 29, 2008, 03:14:28 PM »

what are the Renault days?? It's sad Silverstone will not remain in the claendar, first and second section of the track are amazing!! Donnington is ok! but the last and new section it's a parking lot!!! I think GBR deserves a new race track for F1!

Once a year they have a day at Donnington Park where there are different races and there are displays, e.g we went one year and saw the Renault F1 car, and there was a feature where you could join in a wheel changing challenge to change the wheels of a Renault as fast as you could. This year it was in Silverstone though.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #464 on: September 29, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »

Once a year they have a day at Donnington Park where there are different races and there are displays, e.g we went one year and saw the Renault F1 car, and there was a feature where you could join in a wheel changing challenge to change the wheels of a Renault as fast as you could. This year it was in Silverstone though.
this should be mega funny, I guess it's pretty difficult!! my fav. job in F1 is the renault public relations, she is adorable! did you see also older Reanult cars as the Tea pot?? when are you parents coming back? did you talk to them?? what did they tell you about race and fans?? and what is the your fav. place in Singapore? and the most funny place??

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #465 on: September 29, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »
Some tough questions they are conchita! My parents come back tomorrow and will get here Wed morning my time. We did see some older Renault cars but it was a while back now. It was very good watching the tyre changes. I spoke to them as often as I could, they told us all about what had happened and they'd got Kangaroo TV to watch it whilst there, look it up on Google! I had to fill them in on ITV though, the pit walk Martin Brundell is classic!!! Bernie Ecclestone said he could talk to the Prime Minister of Singapore so he shoved Martin right into his path and you could tell talking to the PrimeMinister was the last thing he wanted to be doing! And he was pulled over by the boss of SingTel who asked him what he thought of their logo in the dark and he replied "Well it looks much the same as it does in the day!" Very funny stuff. My favourite place in Singapore is probably one of the funniest too, the Jurong Water Park, I was just a kid and I loved it!!! And the zoo and Bird Park hold some good memories too! A great holiday destination.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2008, 03:45:33 PM »
Some tough questions they are conchita! My parents come back tomorrow and will get here Wed morning my time. We did see some older Renault cars but it was a while back now. It was very good watching the tyre changes. I spoke to them as often as I could, they told us all about what had happened and they'd got Kangaroo TV to watch it whilst there, look it up on Google! I had to fill them in on ITV though, the pit walk Martin Brundell is classic!!! Bernie Ecclestone said he could talk to the Prime Minister of Singapore so he shoved Martin right into his path and you could tell talking to the PrimeMinister was the last thing he wanted to be doing! And he was pulled over by the boss of SingTel who asked him what he thought of their logo in the dark and he replied "Well it looks much the same as it does in the day!" Very funny stuff. My favourite place in Singapore is probably one of the funniest too, the Jurong Water Park, I was just a kid and I loved it!!! And the zoo and Bird Park hold some good memories too! A great holiday destination.
:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :hysterical: :rofl_2: A GREAT ANSWER!!!  :cool:
so you'll be almost 1 week without parents at home!!! enjoy all your time til wednesday!  :)
I bought a DVD of the night race!!! trying to find some info about your fav. places in Singapore, the town is amazing and people seems to be very friendly!! :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:49:34 PM by conchita »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »
so you'll be almost 1 week without parents at home!!! enjoy all your time til wednesday!  :)
I bought a DVD of the night race!!! trying to find some info about your fav. places in Singapore, the town is amazing and people seems to be very friendly!! :)

Cool! Hope you enjoy it, sure it'll be great!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #468 on: September 30, 2008, 12:53:45 AM »

Cool! Hope you enjoy it, sure it'll be great!

I am not a kid, I am thirty something years old...and I enjoy all those kind of parks as a little kid!!!  :innocent: :rofl_2: I had a lot of fun there!
this place is perfect for me and very funny: http://teo-jurongeast.blogspot.com/
when I visited those kind of places I feel younger and they bring me back great memories. :))

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #469 on: September 30, 2008, 03:38:41 AM »
That's it!!! That's the place I was telling you about, they're sitting just by the Lazy River, absolutely brilliant and relaxing!!! I know you're not a kid conhita! I meant enjoy the DVD and I'm sure you did/will!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #470 on: October 07, 2008, 07:38:50 AM »
Canadian GP dropped for 2009

The Canadian Grand Prix has been dropped from the 2009 Formula One calendar with the season remaining at 18 races.

The International Automobile Federation issued a revised calendar with Turkey moving from August to June to allow a summer break for the teams.

There will be no North American round after the US Grand Prix at Indianapolis was dropped this year.

- Reuters -

au revoir Montreal! au revoir Ile de Notre Dame! au revoir Circuit Gilles Villenueve!!!
ANOTHER GREAT CIRCUIT GONE!!
WHAT A SHAME!!! TERRIBLE NEWS!!
NO F1 RACE IN NORTH AMERICA!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #471 on: October 10, 2008, 12:02:26 AM »
Japanese GP - Mount Fuji

Toyota's Home

Free Practise 2 underway!!!
http://es.justin.tv/flutv_2
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:25:03 AM by conchita »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »

The Canadian Grand Prix has been dropped from the 2009 Formula One calendar with the season remaining at 18 races.

The International Automobile Federation issued a revised calendar with Turkey moving from August to June to allow a summer break for the teams.

There will be no North American round after the US Grand Prix at Indianapolis was dropped this year.

- Reuters -

au revoir Montreal! au revoir Ile de Notre Dame! au revoir Circuit Gilles Villenueve!!!

What a terrible shame that there will be no North American Grand Prix from next year! To not have a GP in such a huge area and massive market is I feel a bad move for F1 and something I hope changes within the short term future.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2008, 12:34:34 AM »

- Reuters -

What a terrible shame that there will be no North American Grand Prix from next year! To not have a GP in such a huge area and massive market is I feel a bad move for F1 and something I hope changes within the short term future.
I agree! it's terrible, no Indy, no Montreal, no new urban f1 circuit in USA, I expect Montreal to fight against the rule and try to save the race as they did 3-4 years ago.
Montreal was one of my favorites circuits, mur de quebec, long straights, famous hairpin, nice location - ile notre dame-. legendary track, more than 25 races there.
what do you think of the new area-market?? next year new gp in abu dhabi (uae) + bahrein-sakhir circuit (and moto gp in qatar-losail circuit).

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #474 on: October 10, 2008, 12:39:33 AM »

- Reuters -

I agree! it's terrible, no Indy, no Montreal, no new urban f1 circuit in USA, I expect Montreal to fight against the rule and try to save the race as they did 3-4 years ago.
Montreal was one of my favorites circuits, mur de quebec, long straights, famous hairpin, nice location - ile notre dame-. legendary track, more than 25 races there.
what do you think of the new area-market?? next year new gp in abu dhabi (uae) + bahrein-sakhir circuit (and moto gp in qatar-losail circuit).

I agree with all of that with what you say about Montreal and North America in general. Such a huge area without a GP is a very strange move. What you say about the new area F1 is very much expanded into of the Middle East and Asia. Well those places are clearly in because of the money aspect. Not only can they pay huge amounts of money to the F1 Governing body and get huge sponsors involved- they can also afford the best and most upto date circuits and facilities. Thats for sure why F1 is getting into the areas like UAE, Bahrain, China, Singapore. Its brilliant to have it such a worldwide sport and going to all these places but I just hope we don't see too many included and the traditional places and circuits being dropped.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #475 on: October 10, 2008, 01:10:54 AM »

- Reuters -

I agree with all of that with what you say about Montreal and North America in general. Such a huge area without a GP is a very strange move. What you say about the new area F1 is very much expanded into of the Middle East and Asia. Well those places are clearly in because of the money aspect. Not only can they pay huge amounts of money to the F1 Governing body and get huge sponsors involved- they can also afford the best and most upto date circuits and facilities. Thats for sure why F1 is getting into the areas like UAE, Bahrain, China, Singapore. Its brilliant to have it such a worldwide sport and going to all these places but I just hope we don't see too many included and the traditional places and circuits being dropped.
the only circuit I like in Asia is the one you didnt mention!
The Jungle of Sepang, the original new one of the current new crap. -including Valencia-
I dislike Shanghai layout, hate Bahrein layout, both boring -long straights and slow corners to make it easy to overtake, like karting tracks, but not originality in layouts, interesting corners. Singapore was special, but it was mega slow with a thousand corners, the great urban circuit in Asia is Macau -legendary guia circuit with incredibly funny layout but too risky for f1 cars. Fuji no comment, you can not imagine how much I miss the big wheel of the amusement park in Suzuka. Albert Park race is in trouble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #476 on: October 11, 2008, 02:30:44 AM »
Hamilton takes Pole Position in Japan

Lewis Hamilton boosted his chances of extending his world championship lead at Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix by taking pole position in Fuji.

The McLaren driver produced a late flying lap of one minute 18.404 seconds to claim his sixth pole of the season.

But Ferrari rival Felipe Massa, who trails Hamilton by seven points in the title race, endured a disastrous qualifying finishing back in fifth.

Kimi Raikkonen was second for Ferrari ahead of McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen.

Also starting ahead of Massa on the grid is Fernando Alonso, a surprise winner for Renault last time out in Singapore, as he continued his run of good form to qualify in fourth.

BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica posted the sixth fastest time ahead of Toyota duo Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock. The Toro Rossos of Sebastian Vettel and Sebastien Bourdais rounded out the top 10.

"I'm very happy," said Hamilton, who is three races away from a maiden world title. "The team have done a phenomenal job.

"It was pretty straightforward. The last lap I put all the sectors together and I was able to bring it home.

"We will push forward with the strategy on Sunday. It's going to be a tough race because Kimi is right there but we will take as many points as we can."

McLaren team boss Ron Dennis described Hamilton's 12th career pole as the "best of his life" adding it came at a "critical time".

With both the drivers' and constructors' titles at stake, the Woking-based team are determined to adopt a cautious approach to the title run-in especially after the calamitous close to the 2007 season.

After claiming victory at last year's Japanese Grand Prix, Hamilton held a 12-point lead in the title race only to surrender the title to Raikkonen, who at that stage was 17 points adrift.

When asked if he would allow Hamilton to race for victory in Fuji, Dennis said: "We don't want to pass over any victories that might come our way, but who knows?"

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #477 on: October 11, 2008, 02:31:41 AM »
Results from qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix:

1. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 1:18.404

2. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1:18.644

3. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes 1:18.821

4. Fernando Alonso (Spn) Renault 1:18.852

5. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:18.874

6. Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 1:18.979

7. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:19.026

8. Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota 1:19.118

9. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:19.638

10. Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:20.167

11. David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 1:18.187

12. Nelson Piquet (Brz) Renault 1:18.274

13. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 1:18.354

14. Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota 1:18.594

15. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota 1:18.672

16. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:18.835

17. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 1:18.882

18. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1:19.100

19. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari 1:19.163

20. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari 1:19.910

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #478 on: October 11, 2008, 11:41:25 PM »
Diasterous start for Hamilton! Poor getaway left him vulnverable at the first corner, which saw him slip to 6th, behind Massa but ahead of Raikkonen, but then a couple of laps later he tries to pass Massa does so but Massa comes back at him and clips the side of Hamilton's car which sees him spin and at the back of the field in 18th place, with 2 drivers already out.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #479 on: October 11, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »
Drive through penalty for Hamilton for forcing Raikkonen off the track on the 1st corner.
Drive through penalty for Massa for forcing Hamilton off the track on 9th/10th corners on lap 2/3.

Massa was 6th and slips down a bit now, whereas Hamilton is still at the back and it seems almost certain he won't pick up any points at all this week!