Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 66987 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2007, 04:32:48 AM »
Lewis is on the front row of the grid, ahead of Raikkonen and Alonso in 3rd and 4th. Massa is on pole.

:cheer:  :// :cheer:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »
Nooo! Reliability trouble in the 1st 7 laps costs Lewis 40 seconds from which he never recovers. Raikkonen wins the race and the championship with 110 points, Alonso comes 3rd in the race to finish 2nd with 109 points, Lewis trails in 7th to finish 3rd with 109. :( :( :(

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »
Nooo! Reliability trouble in the 1st 7 laps costs Lewis 40 seconds from which he never recovers. Raikkonen wins the race and the championship with 110 points, Alonso comes 3rd in the race to finish 2nd with 109 points, Lewis trails in 7th to finish 3rd with 109. :( :( :(

Some good news (maybe):

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21102007/58/raikkonen-title-hangs-balance.html

..-)
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
You beat me to it, I was about to paste in the BBC repotrt. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055644.stm

It's still only a sliver of a hope, but hope it is!

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »
You beat me to it, I was about to paste in the BBC repotrt. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055644.stm

It's still only a sliver of a hope, but hope it is!

Sorry for beating you to it ks  :))

Indeed hope it is!! (I have been in a bad mood since watching this race  :rofl_2: )

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2007, 02:01:02 AM »
The race result has been ratified, Raikkonen is EWorld Champion  :(

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »
The race result has been ratified, Raikkonen is EWorld Champion  :(

Well let's take the positives from this:

Lewis has had a great season  :gleam:
He's only 22 years old (many more years ahead of him)
It's been a fantastic season (great entertainment for the Fans (whoever you support)
Lewis not ending up being Champion, may well be a good thing (IMHO) - For one...at least his mind will be more focussed for next season.......instead of loads of travel (abroad) for pointless PR.........ect
The Pressure is now off him  :whistle:
A great guy who is gonna get better with more experience  :whistle:  :whistle:

A great guy and a future Champion  :)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2007, 01:44:09 AM »

It's been a fantastic season (great entertainment for the Fans (whoever you support)
Lewis not ending up being Champion, may well be a good thing (IMHO) - For one...at least his mind will be more focussed for next season.......instead of loads of travel (abroad) for pointless PR.........ect

Typical British attitude! He lost, end of!  :)~

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2007, 06:04:37 PM »

I am well aware he lost ks....... :))

Typical British attitude - that goes to you  :)~  heck I better include a  ;-()  in case

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »
I used to be a F1 fan but I found this season somewhat revolting.    Sorry just too much hissy fits and primadonna attitudes, and rumours of corruption and cheating.   I tuned it out about halfway through.   Just for the heck I checked in on some stories to end the season and I see it has only gotten worse.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2007, 03:34:25 AM »

Typical British attitude - that goes to you  :)~  heck I better include a  ;-()  in case

No, typical British attitude goes to you for trying to portray him as the stereotypical brilliant British nearly man :)~

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »

No, typical British attitude goes to you for trying to portray him as the stereotypical brilliant British nearly man :)~

My quote of Typical British attitude towards you ks, was not on this sport  :)~ but on Football
 :whistle:  :whistle: a clue........MOTD  :whistle:  :whistle:

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »
Hamilton must be dissapointed since he could have coasted in safe in that 2nd last race and had it sewn up, and well hindsight is 20/20 I guess.   Still Raikkonen won 6 races, while the others won no more then 4, so I think he deserved it this year.   Next year Hamilton has a good chance if McLaren is real strong like this year.  The thing about Formula 1 is there an unpredictability about even the top cars from one year to the next.   McLaren might have a year next year there are not so strong and there isnt as good a shot for one of their drivers to win the Championships.   We will see.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »
I used to be a F1 fan but I found this season somewhat revolting.    Sorry just too much hissy fits and primadonna attitudes, and rumours of corruption and cheating.   I tuned it out about halfway through.   Just for the heck I checked in on some stories to end the season and I see it has only gotten worse.

Shame you didn't comment on here sooner Kittens, I have really only just got into this sport (apart from watching many years ago with my Dad)...

I have started watching some race's (that my Dad had on Video - and I have put them on to DVD's)

I hope you continue to give your knowledge of this sport on here

:)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2007, 09:40:36 PM »
Alonso and Mclaren split

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7074737.stm

:ZZZZZ)

Nice picture of Alonso

:)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2007, 05:25:48 AM »

Offline dareliss

• Tennis Player
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »
I knewed hes gonna leave mc, he is test driver for prodrive, so he probably wants to race for new team for one years, or go back to renault, and get a longer contract, but he still wants to race with ferrari so he will be looking for one year contract, but if kimi extends his cotract till 2011 he should go to Renault, he would be NO 1 on a team, but Kimi will take title next year again if his formula ain't going to break. Lewis will probably be in fifth next season, after alonso left, but who you think is going to be new driver at mc? they will look for one who won't compete against lewis so lewis could be higher then his teammate...... so it won't be rosberg not heiki deffinatly, Adrian Sutill, they would be good teammates could compete with each other equally.  but lewis is ain't so good I mean he reached F1 cause he raced for best teams, at F3, and GP2 series, and if he would be at super aguri he wont be higher as number 10, take a look at vettel he came from F3 straight to F1, finished 4 with crappy formula, I mean give him mc or ferrari he will be on top 3.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2007, 06:34:38 PM »

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2007, 06:37:22 PM »
I knewed hes gonna leave mc, he is test driver for prodrive, so he probably wants to race for new team for one years, or go back to renault, and get a longer contract, but he still wants to race with ferrari so he will be looking for one year contract, but if kimi extends his cotract till 2011 he should go to Renault, he would be NO 1 on a team, but Kimi will take title next year again if his formula ain't going to break. Lewis will probably be in fifth next season, after alonso left, but who you think is going to be new driver at mc? they will look for one who won't compete against lewis so lewis could be higher then his teammate...... so it won't be rosberg not heiki deffinatly, Adrian Sutill, they would be good teammates could compete with each other equally.  but lewis is ain't so good I mean he reached F1 cause he raced for best teams, at F3, and GP2 series, and if he would be at super aguri he wont be higher as number 10, take a look at vettel he came from F3 straight to F1, finished 4 with crappy formula, I mean give him mc or ferrari he will be on top 3.

Yes it looks like he's off back to Renault (five live to blame is wrong)  :)) Alonso that is  ..-)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »