Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 63413 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2008, 05:39:25 AM »
murrayfan, why do you want Lewis to lose? Is this another of your hating all thing English?

I really think it's a bit sad that so many Scots hate the English, because I can't really think of a good reason. We give you taxes, we let you run our country into the ground, what more do you want? And, we let people like murrayfan live here, to no possible benefit for us  :)~

Basically, it'ds the arrogance of some of the English.

My main 2 points are as follows:

1 - a long time ago, England went to war with us Scots, which we weren't all best pleased about.

2 - slightly more sensible, the national anthem. God Save the Queen is the British national anthem, and what happens in rugby and football, England take the whole of Britain's song. The other 3 countries can find their own song, so why cant England? Use something like Jerusalem maybe? But dear God, why do you people steal Britains anthem? In the Formula 1 order is fine, when David Coulthard won races, God Save the Queen would be played, so it's fine there, but why?

Also, Hamilton is arrogant. He said publicly to the title contenders "There's lots more to come".

The cocky litttle man.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2008, 05:54:10 AM »
Scotland is a wonderful country!!!! and in F1 history better than England!!! more quality!!! Stewart & Clark are 1-2 in F1 british histoy...
then 3, Graham Hill ungorgettable, 4 Surtees (only driver to be also Moto GP champion), 5 Mansell....top 10:Moss, Hawthorn, Hunt, D.Hill, Coulthard.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:52 AM »
murrayfan, why do you want Lewis to lose? Is this another of your hating all thing English?

I really think it's a bit sad that so many Scots hate the English, because I can't really think of a good reason. We give you taxes, we let you run our country into the ground, what more do you want? And, we let people like murrayfan live here, to no possible benefit for us  :)~

1 - a long time ago, England went to war with us Scots, which we weren't all best pleased about.

2 - slightly more sensible, the national anthem. God Save the Queen is the British national anthem, and what happens in rugby and football, England take the whole of Britain's song. The other 3 countries can find their own song, so why cant England? Use something like Jerusalem maybe? But dear God, why do you people steal Britains anthem? In the Formula 1 order is fine, when David Coulthard won races, God Save the Queen would be played, so it's fine there, but why?

Also, Hamilton is arrogant. He said publicly to the title contenders "There's lots more to come".

The cocky litttle man.

As you admit, 1 is not exactly sensible. I don't really care about the National Anthem, though occasionally we've had Land of Hope and Glory played, e.g Commonwealth Games. I think you dislike Hamilton because he's English, then go looking for things to dislike. If he was Scottish, would you have cared about him saying that? It's not cocky at all, just trying to send out a message to his rivals.

I think the majority of English people consider themselves British, but the majority of Scots consider themselves Scottish.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2008, 06:00:04 AM »

The cocky litttle man.

As you admit, 1 is not exactly sensible. I don't really care about the National Anthem, though occasionally we've had Land of Hope and Glory played, e.g Commonwealth Games. I think you dislike Hamilton because he's English, then go looking for things to dislike. If he was Scottish, would you have cared about him saying that? It's not cocky at all, just trying to send out a message to his rivals.

I think the majority of English people consider themselves British, but the majority of Scots consider themselves Scottish.

I think you have a point slightly about Lewis Hamilton, but I contradict what you say about considered nationalities.

Even what you are saying there is saying that England consider themselves the most important country.
Going on from that point, tennis is a perfect example. Back when Henman was in his prime, he would be known as a brilliant "English" player.
Now that Murray has started performing well, when I hear about him referred to on the news, he is known as a great "British" player, showing England can not face that a Scot is better than them at something.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2008, 06:13:28 AM »
Going on from that point, tennis is a perfect example. Back when Henman was in his prime, he would be known as a brilliant "English" player.
Now that Murray has started performing well, when I hear about him referred to on the news, he is known as a great "British" player, showing England can not face that a Scot is better than them at something.

That was absolute rubbish. Whatever the Scots say, Henman was referred to as English no more than Murray is referred to as Scottish. They both represent Britain, when Henman was playing there were Union Jacks, not St. George's crosses in the crowd and people talked about getting a British Slam Champion.

Basically, I think it's ridiculous that across all sport you want English athletes to lose purely because of a baseless assumption that English people are arrogant.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:14:13 AM by kickserve »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »

That was absolute rubbish. Whatever the Scots say, Henman was referred to as English no more than Murray is referred to as Scottish. They both represent Britain, when Henman was playing there were Union Jacks, not St. George's crosses in the crowd and people talked about getting a British Slam Champion.

Basically, I think it's ridiculous that across all sport you want English athletes to lose purely because of a baseless assumption that British people are arrogant.

THERE WE GO!!!!!

I'm complaining about English, not British, and you've just justified what I'm saying by saying that basically the whole of Britain is England, which we all fully know its not!

And then there's those idiots that think that Wales and Scotland are part of England!!!

A couple of years back there was a quiz between the 3 nations, and whenever England got a question right, all other 3 countries booed, and rightly too!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2008, 06:21:54 AM »
Ok, lets just finish this thing now, I don't like English, you do.

Settled?

Sorry to go on, but I was just going on what my family and I believe in.

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2008, 06:24:14 AM »
I absolutely agree. In fact, I think its the opposite, with Henman they always called him British, now in half the BBC articles about Murray, for example they seeds to him as being Scottish. I've noticed the same thing with other news outlets as well. Scots are so paranoid about it, its almost becoming a joke.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2008, 06:32:36 AM »
I absolutely agree. In fact, I think its the opposite, with Henman they always called him British, now in half the BBC articles about Murray, for example they seeds to him as being Scottish. I've noticed the same thing with other news outlets as well. Scots are so paranoid about it, its almost becoming a joke.

Mate, I've already done the right thing and stopped the arguement, but you 2 haven't altered my opinions on the matter the tiniest bit.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2008, 06:35:06 AM »
Should we just say then that if you're Scottish/Irish or Welsh you don't like the English, and if you're English you don't like the Scots/Welsh or Irish at all? I must say I do feel for the Scottish/Irish and Welsh at times for having such envy against the significant and dominant country  :)~
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »

Basically, I think it's ridiculous that across all sport you want English athletes to lose purely because of a baseless assumption that British people are arrogant.

THERE WE GO!!!!!

I'm complaining about English, not British, and you've just justified what I'm saying by saying that basically the whole of Britain is England, which we all fully know its not!

And then there's those idiots that think that Wales and Scotland are part of England!!!

A couple of years back there was a quiz between the 3 nations, and whenever England got a question right, all other 3 countries booed, and rightly too!

1 error doesn't prove anything. I wrote British instead of English, not really thinking, it doesn't mean that I think the whole of Britain is England. If you can give me a good reason why the Welsh and Scottish should hate the English, go ahead. Or just let the SNP hurry up, get voted in, separate from England, then we can get rid of Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling and the Scots can get tid of their inferiority complex.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2008, 07:00:29 AM »

Settled?

Yeah, fine, that'll do. You think the English are arrogant, I think the Scottish have an inferiority complex and we'd all be better off if England and Scotland separated for good.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2008, 07:02:29 AM »

Settled?

Yeah, fine, that'll do. You think the English are arrogant, I think the Scottish have an inferiority complex and we'd all be better off if England and Scotland separated for good.

While we're at it we can get rid of Wales as well and cut links with them  :whistle:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2008, 07:07:38 AM »

Settled?

While we're at it we can get rid of Wales as well and cut links with them  :whistle:

No, the Welsh don't do us any harm. Think it through:

Scotsmen who've had/are having an impact on England: Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, both useless
Welshman who've had/are having and impact on England: Nye Bevan, may have been close to Communist but he did set up the NHS.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2008, 07:24:42 AM »

Settled?

No, the Welsh don't do us any harm. Think it through:

Scotsmen who've had/are having an impact on England: Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling, both useless
Welshman who've had/are having and impact on England: Nye Bevan, may have been close to Communist but he did set up the NHS.

You wouldn't be saying that if you lived where I do, which is pretty close to the Welsh border, just think about this one Chester vs Wrexham ouch there's some hatred there  ;-()
I agree with Scotland, so now lets get the Welsh gone as well- Welsh are arogant people as far as I'm concerned, walk into a shop there sometimes and there talking English, they realise you're English and they start talking Welsh :ranting: so I'm in favour of shifting them out as well being from the part of England I am.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2008, 11:13:44 AM »
I'll try and restore some order into this thread;'s topic by saying my parents are flying out to Singapore for the night race leaving me and my sister with my Gran. Wish I couldve gone too.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
I'll try and restore some order into this thread;'s topic by saying my parents are flying out to Singapore for the night race leaving me and my sister with my Gran. Wish I couldve gone too.

That would be an awesome experience, especially with it being their first ever race and with it being around a street circuit under lights- thats going to be a real spectacle! I hope to go to a GP one day, the one thing I don't like is that you're sitting there and just see a car fly past every minute or so and are more than likely going to be missing out on all the best action. Being there and being a part of it though I'm sure would make up for that!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »

That would be an awesome experience, especially with it being their first ever race and with it being around a street circuit under lights- thats going to be a real spectacle! I hope to go to a GP one day, the one thing I don't like is that you're sitting there and just see a car fly past every minute or so and are more than likely going to be missing out on all the best action. Being there and being a part of it though I'm sure would make up for that!

I was looking at the circuit and the track literally goes under the stands, it would be ace having cars driving underneath you.

I once went to a race it was Sepang in Malaysia., we thought we were lucky having seats next to the 1-2 turn, but no-one crashed there that year!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

I was looking at the circuit and the track literally goes under the stands, it would be ace having cars driving underneath you.

I once went to a race it was Sepang in Malaysia., we thought we were lucky having seats next to the 1-2 turn, but no-one crashed there that year!!!

Wow that Singapore circuit sounds absolutely amazing to go underneath the stands- thats awesome!
Shame that the year you went to the Malaysian GP nobody at all crashed on the first corner- thats just typical! Must have been a real experience though to go out to Malaysian and see the race, also its a pretty new complex and is supposed to be pretty spectacular- it certainly looks that way in all the pictures I see of it!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2008, 02:04:49 PM »

Wow that Singapore circuit sounds absolutely amazing to go underneath the stands- thats awesome!
Shame that the year you went to the Malaysian GP nobody at all crashed on the first corner- thats just typical! Must have been a real experience though to go out to Malaysian and see the race, also its a pretty new complex and is supposed to be pretty spectacular- it certainly looks that way in all the pictures I see of it!

It was good and easy to get to as we were living across the sea in Singapore at the time.