Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 67495 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2008, 02:08:33 PM »
I'll try and restore some order into this thread;'s topic by saying my parents are flying out to Singapore for the night race leaving me and my sister with my Gran. Wish I couldve gone too.

That would be an awesome experience, especially with it being their first ever race and with it being around a street circuit under lights- thats going to be a real spectacle! I hope to go to a GP one day, the one thing I don't like is that you're sitting there and just see a car fly past every minute or so and are more than likely going to be missing out on all the best action. Being there and being a part of it though I'm sure would make up for that!

I was looking at the circuit and the track literally goes under the stands, it would be ace having cars driving underneath you.

I once went to a race it was Sepang in Malaysia., we thought we were lucky having seats next to the 1-2 turn, but no-one crashed there that year!!!

Wow that Singapore circuit sounds absolutely amazing to go underneath the stands- thats awesome!
Shame that the year you went to the Malaysian GP nobody at all crashed on the first corner- thats just typical! Must have been a real experience though to go out to Malaysian and see the race, also its a pretty new complex and is supposed to be pretty spectacular- it certainly looks that way in all the pictures I see of it!

Yeah!
I mean..... You'd think at least one driver would have the decency to wipe out there. :ranting:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »
I'll try and restore some order into this thread;'s topic by saying my parents are flying out to Singapore for the night race leaving me and my sister with my Gran. Wish I couldve gone too.

That would be an awesome experience, especially with it being their first ever race and with it being around a street circuit under lights- thats going to be a real spectacle! I hope to go to a GP one day, the one thing I don't like is that you're sitting there and just see a car fly past every minute or so and are more than likely going to be missing out on all the best action. Being there and being a part of it though I'm sure would make up for that!

I was looking at the circuit and the track literally goes under the stands, it would be ace having cars driving underneath you.

I once went to a race it was Sepang in Malaysia., we thought we were lucky having seats next to the 1-2 turn, but no-one crashed there that year!!!

Wow that Singapore circuit sounds absolutely amazing to go underneath the stands- thats awesome!
Shame that the year you went to the Malaysian GP nobody at all crashed on the first corner- thats just typical! Must have been a real experience though to go out to Malaysian and see the race, also its a pretty new complex and is supposed to be pretty spectacular- it certainly looks that way in all the pictures I see of it!

Yeah!
I mean..... You'd think at least one driver would have the decency to wipe out there. :ranting:

I know, I worry about the human desire for seeing crashes sometimes.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »

Yeah!

I think we all know thats part and parcel of F1, and the sport would be al ot less if there was never any collissons, crashes and arguments- as long as nobody gets hurt then the crashes are a big part of F1.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2008, 01:48:55 AM »

Yeah!

I think we all know thats part and parcel of F1, and the sport would be al ot less if there was never any collissons, crashes and arguments- as long as nobody gets hurt then the crashes are a big part of F1.

No-one wants anyone hurt in F1,it can happen.Today thay have done loads to keep this down,F1 cars are much stronger made than past years.The drivers have a lot better chance,than past years with very bad crashes.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »
McLaren pair penalised five places!!!!

McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton will start Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix eighth and ninth respectively as they collect five place penalties for impeding rivals in qualifying. McLaren pair summoned by Malaysia stewards. Malaysian Grand Prix stewards summon McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen after complaints from BMW-Sauber's Nick Heidfeld and Renault's Fernando Alonso they were impeded in qualifying.

Massa takes pole in Malaysia!!!
Felipe Massa takes pole position for the Malaysian Grand Prix as Kimi Raikkonen completes an all-Ferrari front row.

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »
Congrats Felipe, shame about the McLarens. Not Hamilton.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2008, 08:46:10 AM »
Congrats Felipe, shame about the McLarens. Not Hamilton.
In Sepang you can overtake, it's not like Australia.

----------------------------------------

Hamilton 'Wrong' Over Safety - Stewart

Lewis Hamilton is "completely wrong" for opting out of the Grand Prix Drivers' Associations attempts to make Formula One as safe as possible, according to former world champion Sir Jackie Stewart.

Hamilton, off the mark for McLaren with a victory in the first grand prix of the new season in Australia last weekend, has declined to join the GPDA.

Stewart, however, believes the new efforts to improve safety should be backed by all competitors - especially in view of new rules which remove driver aids.

"It is completely wrong of Lewis not be be involved," Stewart said of his fellow Briton.

"I am surprised and disappointed at him. He has been badly advised."

Stewart warns his sport must be vigilant to minimise the likelihood of a tragedy.

"So far we have been incredibly lucky," he said.

"We are on the slate to have a big shunt. But what is going to happen is this - somebody is going to get killed.

"At the speeds modern cars do it'll be like an air crash."
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »
Malaysia GP - Massa on pole, Hamilton penalised

Felipe Massa took pole position at the Malaysian Grand Prix for the second year running and will form an all-Ferrari front-row with Kimi Raikkonen while McLaren duo Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen were punished five places on the grid for hindering other drivers' out laps.

Championship leader Hamilton will start in ninth and Kovalainen eighth after earlier occupying the second row at the Sepang circuit.

After completing their final hot lap they slowed down, leading to complaints from BMW's Nick Heidfeld and Renault's Fernando Alonso that they blocked the race line and cost them time.

Brazilian Massa, fifth in Malaysia last year, recorded a time of 1:35.748, nearly half-a-second ahead of Raikkonen (1:36.230) as the threatened rain in over 80 percent humidity held off until moments after the session.

Massa did not look comfortable in Q2, re-emerging - along with Hamilton - late on to set a precautionary final lap as he dropped down the timing list and used another set of valuable tyres.

However, he improved immeasurably in the Q3 shoot-out, completing a stunning turn around for the Scuderia after their Melbourne horror show.

Kovalainen and Hamilton followed close behind the Ferraris on the final straight as the seconds ticked away, but the Briton could not match the Finn's 1:36.613 with his 1:36.709.

Hamilton did not look at his best throughout the qualifying hour, consistently lapping outside the top times in each section and was forced into that desperate - and ultimately unnecessary - last lap on Q2.

He even locked up at one point early on when he could not find the grip he required to set a time to challenge the Italian outfit - and post-qualifying was summoned then sanctioned by race stewards with his team-mate.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli (1:36.711) produced a shock by snatching fifth place late in the session from BMW's Robert Kubica (1:36.727), whose hot lap was even faster than that of the pole-sitter in the first sector before losing time on the final part of the track.

German Heidfeld was good enough for a comfortable seventh initially after putting down a time of 1:36.753, but claimed he lost time behind Hamilton's coasting McLaren and is now fifth on the grid.

Mark Webber's (1:37.009) Red Bull was ahead of a struggling Alonso in the Renault and ultimately took sixth, with the Spaniard seventh.

Timo Glock completed an impressive day for Toyota by reaching the third qualifying phase but had to settle for 10th position.

Britons Jenson Button (Honda) and David Coulthard (Red Bull) just missed out on Q3, and will start at 11th and 12th on Sunday.

Scot Coulthard in particular will be pleased after safety concerns almost ruled him out of the race altogether due to a crash in practice.

German Sebastian Vettel in the Toro Rosso failed to get going, as did Williams' Nico Rosberg. They secured only 15th and 16th positions respectively.

Vettel's team-mate Sebastien Bourdais was the only driver to go off into the gravel and ended 19th, while in the final 22nd spot was young Briton Anthony Davidson in the Super Aguri.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2008, 10:32:53 AM »
Stunning picture that is Conchita  ://

Disappointing to see the 2 McLarens penalised 5 grid places, that really puts this race heavily in the favour of the Ferreri's of Massa and Raikkonen- its going to be very hard now for Lewis to back up last weeks performance and a podium finish now would be a huge achievement from 8th spot on the grid. The weather and possible rain could play a huge part in this one tomorrow though!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2008, 10:43:50 AM »
Rain: good news for Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton. bad news: Massa, just horrible.
It's a great track Sepang, really fast, difficult corner, the last one that leads to opposite straight, really tricky.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2008, 02:19:42 AM »
Hamilton has got to 5 from start,thats not bad starting from 9th,Massa leads no pit stops yet.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2008, 02:27:40 AM »
Hamilton has got to 5 from start,thats not bad starting from 9th,Massa leads no pit stops yet.

Hi Sid, Hamilton is very much looking for 3rd at best here in Malaysia I feel. I can't see anything but a Ferreri 1 2 this morning- I'm not sure which order just yet but the only way the Ferreri's won't take the top 2 positions is if they have mechanical problems or bad driving errors.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2008, 02:31:08 AM »

Hi Sid, Hamilton is very much looking for 3rd at best here in Malaysia I feel. I can't see anything but a Ferreri 1 2 this morning- I'm not sure which order just yet but the only way the Ferreri's won't take the top 2 positions is if they have mechanical problems or bad driving errors.

Hi Chris Hamilton is on the soft tyers atm hard seem better here,after the pit stop he might be farster.I think 3rd this time 2,Ferreri looks like thay have it right here.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2008, 02:32:35 AM »

Hi Chris Hamilton is on the soft tyers atm hard seem better here,after the pit stop he might be farster.I think 3rd this time 2,Ferreri looks like thay have it right here.

Some pit stops are happening right now, this is where Raikkonen could try to get in front of Massa, if he stays out a couple of extra laps and tries to get Massa that way.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »
The Raikkonen plan has worked as he puts in 1 extra lap than Massa- a blistering lap and comeso ut of the pits in front of his team mate!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2008, 02:36:25 AM »
That pit stop done Hamilton right up :(

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2008, 03:07:22 AM »

I saw, unlucky for you fans, but I'm rather chuffed, but disappointed that Massa has crashed out.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2008, 03:38:48 AM »
Very easy and comfortable win for Raikkonen then in the Ferreri, his title challenge is now very much up and running! Hamilton came back in 5th place, had it not been for that terrible pit stop he'd have probably got on the podium.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2008, 03:40:29 AM »

I saw, unlucky for you fans, but I'm rather chuffed, but disappointed that Massa has crashed out.

Hamilton gets 5th spot so after 2 races he still the leader :) id love to see him stay there.murrayfan you live in the uk & should want Hamilton 2 win  ;-()
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:41:11 AM by sid »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2008, 03:41:36 AM »

Hamilton gets 5th spot so after 2 races he still the leader :) id love to see him stay there.murrayfan you live in the uk & should want Hamilton 3 win  ;-()

There's too much Scot in him Sid, so unfortunately he hates us English  :))