Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 64152 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2008, 12:42:34 AM »
Thanks Chris!! I love this circuit! it is a must see race! legendary track! Monaco is the jewel of the crown in the calendar.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2008, 12:44:12 AM »
Yeah Conchita its a wonderful setting and certainly the most prestigious race on the F1 Calendar  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2008, 12:46:15 AM »
Yeah Conchita its a wonderful setting and certainly the most prestigious race on the F1 Calendar  :)
more than Monza??
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2008, 01:01:01 AM »
more than Monza??

I'd probably say yes, its a very close one and both have great cases for that title- but I'd just give the nod slighly to Monaco.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2008, 01:29:36 AM »
more than Monza??

I'd probably say yes, its a very close one and both have great cases for that title- but I'd just give the nod slighly to Monaco.

I know about Monaco, but not Monza. I'd guess that means Monoco's more well known. When a stumble bum like me knows about it, it's famous.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2008, 02:15:23 AM »
Yeah, Monaco is one of my favourite circuits with the tunnel, but I'm looking forward to Singapore night race even more, my parents will be there!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2008, 08:07:45 AM »
In a very tight final qualifying session, Massa qualifies first on a circuit he doesn't like, funny how that works. Joining on the front row is Raikonnen followed by Hamilton to round of the top 3. The three of them all qualified within 5 hundredths of a second of one another.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2008, 02:07:22 PM »
In a very tight final qualifying session, Massa qualifies first on a circuit he doesn't like, funny how that works. Joining on the front row is Raikonnen followed by Hamilton to round of the top 3. The three of them all qualified within 5 hundredths of a second of one another.

With that qualifying on this circuit then the smart money is on a Ferreri win, and quite possibly even a 1-2 for them.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »

With that qualifying on this circuit then the smart money is on a Ferreri win, and quite possibly even a 1-2 for them.
probably Hamilton will crash!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »

Yeha that wouldn't surprise me to see that happen tomorrow. You may well get that one right as he'll probably over try to hold onto the front 2.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2008, 03:13:58 PM »

Yeha that wouldn't surprise me to see that happen tomorrow. You may well get that one right as he'll probably over try to hold onto the front 2.
last year he was very close at least 4 times! he risked too much! this year he is under pressure starting 3rd and in Monaco it's difficult to overtake and frustation-errors are normal.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »

last year he was very close at least 4 times! he risked too much! this year he is under pressure starting 3rd and in Monaco it's difficult to overtake and frustation-errors are normal.

Yeah I remember that last year- he really did put too much risk into it last year and I hope he doesn't do the same again this year as it won't come off for a 2nd straight year around the streets. The circuit will get the better of him this time if he puts it beyond the limit again.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2008, 03:56:47 AM »
The pressure is really starting to get to Hamilton. He was fine at the start of his career but now the expectations have rised, it's getting worse. And now that he's only in third, he's not a happy bunny, he needs to learn that he has to ignore the press if that's the problem, and start realising you can't win everything. When he does this, he will become a much better driver.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2008, 07:14:56 AM »
Hamilton had got upto 2nd at the start of the race over Raikkonen. BUT as Conchita predicted :applause: He's just crashed into one of the barriers, not bad enough though to be out of the race but he's had to change his tyre and lost a lot of time but luckily for him has only slipped down to around 5th place.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:16:57 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2008, 07:23:16 AM »
Hamilton had got upto 2nd at the start of the race over Raikkonen. BUT as Conchita predicted :applause: He's just crashed into one of the barriers, not bad enough though to be out of the race but he's had to change his tyre and lost a lot of time but luckily for him has only slipped down to around 5th place.

Yeah, he had a good start, especially as this is one of the hardes tracks to overtake on, but messed it up. What are the odds that he'll blame someone else?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »

Yeah, he had a good start, especially as this is one of the hardes tracks to overtake on, but messed it up. What are the odds that he'll blame someone else?

Yeah he'll probably make out the driver behind just squeezed him a little too far wide at that point  :whistle:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2008, 08:12:53 AM »
Hamilton is flying atm! I hope it will rain more!! it's so great to see rain during a Monaco GP!!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2008, 08:17:50 AM »
Hamilton is flying atm! I hope it will rain more!! it's so great to see rain during a Monaco GP!!

Yeah, he's had a good comeback and used pitstops to his advantage, the rain could cause some challenging circumstances though.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2008, 08:20:50 AM »
Rain expected in around 2 minutes in Monaco- that could really spice it up! Fair play though to Hamilton for coming back so well after his early incident.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2008, 08:22:13 AM »
What do you think of my earlier post you guys? About Hamilton feeling the pressure and getting stressed and being a sore loser too easily?