Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 62946 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2008, 08:51:04 AM »
What do you think of my earlier post you guys? About Hamilton feeling the pressure and getting stressed and being a sore loser too easily?

I've not seen anything about him being a sore loser before. One race a couple of weeks ago he said he felt he let the team down, hardly being a sore loser and passing the buck  :whistle: I think your far too eager to look for fault in him, could it be because he's English?  :whistle:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »
What do you think of my earlier post you guys? About Hamilton feeling the pressure and getting stressed and being a sore loser too easily?

I've not seen anything about him being a sore loser before. One race a couple of weeks ago he said he felt he let the team down, hardly being a sore loser and passing the buck  :whistle: I think your far too eager to look for fault in him, could it be because he's English?  :whistle:

Well, partly, but the only reason I published it was because my dad suggested this, you just have to look at the press conference after yesterdays qualifying to see how gutted he was.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »

Well, partly, but the only reason I published it was because my dad suggested this, you just have to look at the press conference after yesterdays qualifying to see how gutted he was.

Right, so being 'disappointed' makes him a sore loser? No, it makes him a competitor, disappointed with anything below perfection. I seriously believe 90% of your reasons for disliking him are related to your dislike of all things English: it really is pathetic.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2008, 09:17:35 AM »

Right, so being 'disappointed' makes him a sore loser? No, it makes him a competitor, disappointed with anything below perfection. I seriously believe 90% of your reasons for disliking him are related to your dislike of all things English: it really is pathetic.

Even if it is 90%, that still leaves me with 10% of other reasons for disliking him. You're looking at it from an English point of view, I'm looking at it from a Scottish, we're bound to have different opinions so lets just leave it at that. And you believe what you want about the percentage, I'd say it's 60-40, the 40 being the English part.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2008, 09:19:13 AM »
And as you know, I don't hate all English, just like you like Alex Ferguson, I liked Tim Henman, and some of my best friends are English, which is going to happen when I live in England, but I could just say you're English, I hate you. Name 1 time I've ever said that.

Lewis takes the win, 2nd win of the season I think, well done to him. Real shame about Sutil having to pit from 3rd, that would've been great for him.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »

Even if it is 90%, that still leaves me with 10% of other reasons for disliking him. You're looking at it from an English point of view, I'm looking at it from a Scottish, we're bound to have different opinions so lets just leave it at that. And you believe what you want about the percentage, I'd say it's 60-40, the 40 being the English part.

Right, so 60% of your dislike for him is related to stuff like him being disappointed when he fails :head-smack: I think you see he's Englihs, decide you wont like him and from then on your constantly looking for ever more petty reasons to justify your dislike.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2008, 09:21:29 AM »
Lol, kickserve you're just making me laugh more and more, as I said in my last post, if Hamilton hadn't choked away the title last year, I'd be all for him, but him choking shows he's not yet fit to win things, he did great anyway, but he has to learn he can't win everything. As conchita says, highly overrated.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nš1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »
Lol, kickserve you're just making me laugh more and more, as I said in my last post, if Hamilton hadn't choked away the title last year, I'd be all for him, but him choking shows he's not yet fit to win things, he did great anyway, but he has to learn he can't win everything. As conchita says, highly overrated.

I was under the impression he had car failures in the last 2 races of last season? One race he was stuck in neutral for half a lap or something. Unlucky, not choking.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
And as you know, I don't hate all English, just like you like Alex Ferguson, I liked Tim Henman, and some of my best friends are English, which is going to happen when I live in England, but I could just say you're English, I hate you. Name 1 time I've ever said that.

Lewis takes the win, 2nd win of the season I think, well done to him. Real shame about Sutil having to pit from 3rd, that would've been great for him.

When have I ever said I had any sort of problem with Scottish people? I only have a problem with them when they go round with unnecessary prejudices against the English, i.e. unnecessary prejudices against me.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

Button is great, his win at rainy Hungaroring in Budapest was one of the best races in recent years.
Hamilton won but was not spectacular, he crashed once. Ferrari lost everything in 1st corner: Santa Devota.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »

a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nš1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2008, 09:29:50 AM »

I was under the impression he had car failures in the last 2 races of last season? One race he was stuck in neutral for half a lap or something. Unlucky, not choking.
the impression was he was a failure during all the second half of the season. :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2008, 09:31:17 AM »

When have I ever said I had any sort of problem with Scottish people? I only have a problem with them when they go round with unnecessary prejudices against the English, i.e. unnecessary prejudices against me.

If that's your argument you're clearly runinng out of ideas, when on Earth have I ever said I have a problem with you? I have prejudices against some English people, but only the arrogant ones. Hamilton started off fine, but has got worse and worse as time went on.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2008, 09:32:19 AM »

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.
Alonso is twice a f1 champion! he retired Schumi! he made Renault great.  something Hamilton can not say!  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?
dont worry MF11! KS is like that!  ;-() :rofl_2:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »

the impression was he was a failure during all the second half of the season. :)

1st half of last season (up to and including British Grand prix) he averaged 7.8 points per race. The next 6 (until the two car failures) he averaged 6.2 points per race. A drop-off, but without those 2 engine failures he'd still have won comfortably. Doesn't make him an ovverated choker.