Author Topic: Formula 1 Racing  (Read 66866 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Re: Formula 1 Racing
« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2008, 09:38:21 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nļ1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?
dont worry MF11! KS is like that!  ;-() :rofl_2:

conchita argued that Hamilton was the most arrogant out there, I'm pointing out somebody I believe to be far more arrogant, and I've never seen a comment from Hamilton that crosses the line from competitive to arrogant. Doesn't show I'm struggling at all, I'm just coming out with clear points against you. The fact your trying to say I'm struggling when I'm not could even imp,y that you are struggling.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »
Lol, kickserve you're just making me laugh more and more, as I said in my last post, if Hamilton hadn't choked away the title last year, I'd be all for him, but him choking shows he's not yet fit to win things, he did great anyway, but he has to learn he can't win everything. As conchita says, highly overrated.

I was under the impression he had car failures in the last 2 races of last season? One race he was stuck in neutral for half a lap or something. Unlucky, not choking.
the impression was he was a failure during all the second half of the season. :)

1st half of last season (up to and including British Grand prix) he averaged 7.8 points per race. The next 6 (until the two car failures) he averaged 6.2 points per race. A drop-off, but without those 2 engine failures he'd still have won comfortably. Doesn't make him an ovverated choker.

Ooh, conchita get kicker, he's been doing his research :)~ :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2008, 09:40:57 AM »
he is a loser!! last year  he lost the title in pathetic fashion ! he is mega overrated.

Thanks for backing me up conchita. If he'd been able to hold on just a little longer last season, it would've been great for him, but as kittens would say, he choked so badly he almost died!!!
a lot of f1 drivers are arrogant, but in that particular category Hamilton is probably the nļ1, I will never forget the incident when he insulted his boss Denis.

Of course, there's nothing at all arrogant about sulking and leaving a team because your temmate was treated on equal terms as you. Good to see Alonso getting his comeuppance now, being a total failure this season.

Okay, so now Alonso is involved in this? I'm sure conchita will agree that Alonso shouldn't have done what he did, but this conversation is about Hamilton, nothing to do with Alonso, this clearly shows you're struggling. Not nice being outnumbered is it kickserve?

conchita argued that Hamilton was the most arrogant out there, I'm pointing out somebody I believe to be far more arrogant, and I've never seen a comment from Hamilton that crosses the line from competitive to arrogant. Doesn't show I'm struggling at all, I'm just coming out with clear points against you. The fact your trying to say I'm struggling when I'm not could even imp,y that you are struggling.
I just said the reasons why Alonso can be arrogant even if he is driving the slow Renault.
remember? F1 TWICE CHAMPION, RETIRED SCHUMI!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2008, 09:42:11 AM »

I just said the reasons why Alonso can be arrogant even if he is driving the slow Renault.

Does that help your case conchita? :)~  :rofl_2:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »
Lol, kickserve you're just making me laugh more and more, as I said in my last post, if Hamilton hadn't choked away the title last year, I'd be all for him, but him choking shows he's not yet fit to win things, he did great anyway, but he has to learn he can't win everything. As conchita says, highly overrated.

I was under the impression he had car failures in the last 2 races of last season? One race he was stuck in neutral for half a lap or something. Unlucky, not choking.
the impression was he was a failure during all the second half of the season. :)

1st half of last season (up to and including British Grand prix) he averaged 7.8 points per race. The next 6 (until the two car failures) he averaged 6.2 points per race. A drop-off, but without those 2 engine failures he'd still have won comfortably. Doesn't make him an ovverated choker.

Ooh, conchita get kicker, he's been doing his research :)~ :rofl_2:

Clearly no proper response then  :whistle: I challenge you to come up with 5 quotes from Hamilton which you consider 'arrogant'.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »

:rofl_2: So because Alonso was a double world champion, he should expect special treatment over a rookie who was outperforming him? Success doesn't give you the right to be arrogant.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2008, 09:45:55 AM »
Well, I can start off by showing you this little bit from an article:

As is now well-documented, the whole fallout in the McLaren team began when Lewis Hamilton broke team policy by selfishly leading the train in the fuel burn-off phase when it was Fernando Alonsoís turn to do so. So the whole situation was really Lewis Hamiltonís fault ó not Fernando Alonsoís as most of the tabloids claimed.

With Hamilton having broken internal McLaren rules, the team tried to redress the balance to take away the advantage that Lewis Hamilton unfairly gained (and thereby remove the incentive for Hamilton to try anything like that again). What did Lewis Hamilton do? Did he take the blame, accept this slap on the wrists and move on? No. He actually indulged in an incredibly bad tempered rant against his own boss.

Lewis Hamilton: Donít ever f***ing do that to me again!
Ron Dennis: Donít ever f***ing speak to me like that again!
Lewis Hamilton: Go f***ing swivel!

That's from the big disagreement last year, which also responds to your argument about Alonso being the arrogant one.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »

he wonderful drop-off:
Nurburgring-crash QF, W Controversial Hungary, Alonso beat him in Italy and Spa, W in Fuji-Alonso crah, then...
he choked in Interlagos before the gearbox problems...
all that driving with a confortable lead in the standings.
too bad to say more!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »

As is now well-documented, the whole fallout in the McLaren team began when Lewis Hamilton broke team policy by selfishly leading the train in the fuel burn-off phase when it was Fernando Alonsoís turn to do so. So the whole situation was really Lewis Hamiltonís fault ó not Fernando Alonsoís as most of the tabloids claimed.

With Hamilton having broken internal McLaren rules, the team tried to redress the balance to take away the advantage that Lewis Hamilton unfairly gained (and thereby remove the incentive for Hamilton to try anything like that again). What did Lewis Hamilton do? Did he take the blame, accept this slap on the wrists and move on? No. He actually indulged in an incredibly bad tempered rant against his own boss.

That's from the big disagreement last year, which also responds to your argument about Alonso being the arrogant one.

Hardly fact. As you said, most of the British papers said it was Alonso's fault, your saying it was Hamilton's fault as if it's fact, nobody really knows other than those involved. What you really have is one quote from Hamilton, who (possibly legitamtely) felt hard done by, having a go at the boss he felt had let him down. The fact that Alonso deliberately sat in Hamilton's way to stop Hamilton getting in a hot lap in the Hungarian qualifying is extremely petulant and arrogant.

By the way, you might want a definition of 'arrogant': you seem to be confusing it with 'competitive': exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2008, 09:57:12 AM »

:rofl_2: So because Alonso was a double world champion, he should expect special treatment over a rookie who was outperforming him? Success doesn't give you the right to be arrogant.
so boring now attacking ALonso...could not care less...! success makes you arrogant, the majority of f1 drivers are arrogant, this is f1, ferrari and mercedes, not karting.

and btw, it's always the same, you are the one who is carrying here the nationality discussion bringing Alonso, spaniard. boring. I dislike Alonso also.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2008, 09:59:14 AM »

that's the way to talk to your boss that has put you in a classy Mercedes. I will always remember that incident! ugly stuff!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2008, 09:59:24 AM »

so boring now attacking ALonso...could not care less...! success makes you arrogant, the majority of f1 drivers are arrogant, this is f1, ferrari and mercedes, not karting.

and btw, it's always the same, you are the one who is carrying here the nationality discussion bringing Alonso, spaniard. boring. I dislike Alonso also.

So you think I am saying Alonso is arrogant because I'm arguing with a Spaniard? No, I brought him into the discussion because you claimed Hamilton was the msot arrogant and I believe Alonso to be the most arrogant. Notice I'm not attacking David Coulthard, just because I;m arguing with a (supposedly) Scottish person.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
A "supposedly" Scottish person? Lol, so now you think I'm not even Scottish. Coulthard was brilliant in his time, and if Schumacher hadn't been around the same time as him, David Coulthard would've got at least a couple of world titles. It's all depending on who you're racing with.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

So you think I am saying Alonso is arrogant because I'm arguing with a Spaniard? No, I brought him into the discussion because you claimed Hamilton was the msot arrogant and I believe Alonso to be the most arrogant. Notice I'm not attacking David Coulthard, just because I;m arguing with a (supposedly) Scottish person.
you can not compare Alonso career to Hamilton. :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »
Correction conchita, you can, but they will be nowhere near each other.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2008, 10:12:28 AM »
Just to draw your attention to the Official F1 magazine published by English people, they recently published a list of the 100 greatest drivers of all time. Guess where Alonso and Hamilton were?

Hamilton = 15th
Alonso = 12th

How do they deserve to be that close to each other is anyone's guess, but this just shows how overrated Hamilton is by people the same nationality as him.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »
Hamilton has been with Ron since he was a teenager. Always with Mclaren. didnt meet Schumi.
Alonso started in Minardi, the worst team in late 90's, he made Renault twice champion.
I mean MFUK! Alonso is the youngest champion ever! it's not fair to compare!  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
Hamilton has been with Ron since he was a teenager. Always with Mclaren. didnt meet Schumi.
Alonso started in Minardi, the worst team in late 90's, he made Renault twice champion.
I mean MFUK! Alonso is the youngest champion ever! it's not fair to compare!  :)

This is very true conchita, well said.

How weird does it seem for me to be MFUK now instead of MF11? It's a strane change.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »

How weird does it seem for me to be MFUK now instead of MF11? It's a strane change.
yes, it's really different now with all those "new" names! :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »

yes, it's really different now with all those "new" names! :)

Yeah. What did you think of the ratings of Alonso compared to Hamilton based on greatest drivers ever on a British magazine.