Tennis4you Community > T4U New Members Introductions

Tommy Loves Tennis

(1/3) > >>

tommyd922:
Hey there!
I live in NE Ohio and just turned 40! I have been playing since I was about 12. I played some college tennis but have had most of my success since turning 30. I'm 5'11 and weigh 170 lbs(same size as Andre Agassi). My girlfriend sees me as a tennis addict, and I would have to agree. This is the first time I've been a member of any forum, but I'm very impressed so far. Great job Scott!
                     Happy Newcommer
                       Tommy

Tennis4you:
Hey Tommy, a few of us here live in Ohio as well, Columbus though.  I went to Kent State near Cleveland from 1994-99.  Always nice to add more Ohio folk.  :)

And I think being called a tennis addict is a good thing.  I am betting my wife has worse words for it, but she still let's me play plenty.  I am glad you are a happy newcommer!  It is always nice to step away from work or whatever else is stressing your day and chat some tennis.

OSU Buckeye:

--- Quote from: "tommyd922" ---Hey there!
I live in NE Ohio and just turned 40! I have been playing since I was about 12. I played some college tennis but have had most of my success since turning 30. I'm 5'11 and weigh 170 lbs(same size as Andre Agassi). My girlfriend sees me as a tennis addict, and I would have to agree. This is the first time I've been a member of any forum, but I'm very impressed so far. Great job Scott!
                     Happy Newcommer
                       Tommy
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I am totally obsessed with tennis and catch crap for it often.  Lets face it, there are much worse things we could be obsessed with.  Where did you play College?   Have you played USTA leagues before and what level are you?

And, most definitely, welcome homey!    We loves us some talking tennis, especially with people who play or have played alot......IMHO!   :)

dmastous:
I have yet to meet anyone who is a passionate about tennis as I have been these last 20+ years. I have met lots of people in my travels who are more into it than I am for short periods, but they fall off and get into other things while I have remained constant, and consistant.
So I know just where you are coming from Buckeye.
Also, like TLT, I got into tennis awhile ago, peaked in my 30's and am in my 40's now.
But what's up with all the Ohians out there on the tennis courts? Why aren't any of you here in New England? I need to start looking for a job out there. :whistle:

OSU Buckeye:

--- Quote from: "dmastous" ---I have yet to meet anyone who is a passionate about tennis as I have been these last 20+ years. I have met lots of people in my travels who are more into it than I am for short periods, but they fall off and get into other things while I have remained constant, and consistant.
So I know just where you are coming from Buckeye.
Also, like TLT, I got into tennis awhile ago, peaked in my 30's and am in my 40's now.
But what's up with all the Ohians out there on the tennis courts? Why aren't any of you here in New England? I need to start looking for a job out there. :whistle:
--- End quote ---

I am sure Scott and I could give you a run for your money!   We often talk almost endlessly about our matches, strategies, opponents, teammates, and more!   I am a captain of a league team, am always on the USTA site looking at stuff, tape all matches shown on cable t.v. to watch later, have read multiple tennis books, and for the past year have been second only to Scott himself in posts on this board!

And, hells yes you need to get down here to Ohio!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version