Do You Support Doctor Assisted Suicide?

Yes
5 (71.4%)
No
1 (14.3%)
Not Sure
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Do You Support Doctor Assisted Suicide?  (Read 383 times)

Offline Mark_S

• Tennis Player
Re: Do You Support Doctor Assisted Suicide?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 07:07:27 AM »
I do support assisted dying, if its of the sort that exists in Oregon (the death with dignity act), it's not euthanasia per ce, but rather assists those who wish to die and repeatedly request and make that position known.  Here in the UK both assisted suicide and euthanasia are illegal, though i think the political tide is turning in favour of assisted dying.

I read an article a few days ago, it said euthanasia is to become legal in the UK in max 2 yrs.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
I do support assisted dying, if its of the sort that exists in Oregon (the death with dignity act), it's not euthanasia per ce, but rather assists those who wish to die and repeatedly request and make that position known.  Here in the UK both assisted suicide and euthanasia are illegal, though i think the political tide is turning in favour of assisted dying.

I read an article a few days ago, it said euthanasia is to become legal in the UK in max 2 yrs.

No, there's a private members bill from Lord Falconer regarding assisted dying which is going through various stages in the Commons and the House of lords, i think it's unlikely to become law-but you never know.
   There is definitely public support for assisted dying and euthanasia in the UK, but that isn't being taken up politically-yet, though i think it will change.
  Its' interesting that from a purely anthropological perspective how societies differ in their view, not just of euthanasia but also suicide. In the West,, our position has been greatly influenced by Catholicism, and i'm sure most people know they are anti suicide, in fact it's a sin and if i'm not mistaken punishable by an eternity in Hell. Interesting that this idea of suicide as a sin was actually incorporated into Catholicism as an interpretation of Aristotle's idea of the 'human tool'.
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:58 PM »
support.  We have no say to our birth but we should have a say to our death.  Some people are so ill that they have to live in pain every day, so why not to cut off their pain? What is the meaning of living if you are living in pain every day?

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »
Hey guys:D

ok i saw this topic before......

so guess what, i'm the one sayin no in the poll:Pand i'm not a church person:P

so just like most of you, i'm for freedom to choose all:P

but fighting for your life is something different, so just because some "doctors " told her s**t about how uncurable some disease is, come on :P
 you don't have to believe stuff like that to ppl:P just fight for your life:d::D:DD: just because they got a silly piece of paper somehow;)

you believe in fighting for your life, but if you have a short time to live and existing can be undignified -imagine having no control over your body and bodily functions, disorientating - you can lose the ability to speak, move, communicate, and painful-the only way to relieve this is do dose you so high on medication ie drugs, you're not yourself anyway, so what is it you're fighting for?

You may fight because you think it's the honorable thing to do.
You may feel that's the path you want to take, a motivation to fulfill the thing you know is right for you, living.

Are there good reasons for resisting? Maybe but what matters is what the person wants.

Offline Benny

• Tennis Player
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »
This is a really difficult question that has a different answer to different situations. Overall, I'm not sure.
"Never change a winning game; always change a losing one."
-Bill Tilden

Search List:
Muster vs Stich Davis Cup: Not yet obtained