Author Topic: What I'm listening to now....  (Read 134794 times)

Offline morganli

• Tennis Player
Re: What I'm listening to now....
« Reply #1520 on: June 11, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
I'm not really into that kind of music, but this song is really beautiful

John Legend - All of Me

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1521 on: September 27, 2014, 04:38:12 AM »

THE DRAMATICS - IN THE RAIN

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1522 on: November 21, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »

Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Just Dropped In

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1523 on: November 22, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline WilliamLion

• New Poster
« Reply #1524 on: February 13, 2015, 05:47:59 AM »
Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1525 on: April 06, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted
She got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys...she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget...
You are everything I am not.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1526 on: April 07, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »
Well, I know you want to love her
 Let me tell you brother
 She's been sleeping
 In the devil's bed

And there's some rumors going 'round
 Someone's underground
 She can rock you in the nighttime
 'Til your skin turns red

CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1527 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
He had what you might call a trivial occupation
He cleaned the platforms of a local railway station
With no romance in his life
Sometimes he wished he had a wife!

He read the matrimonial advertising pages
The cries for help from different people, different ages
But they had nothing to say
At least not until the day
When something special he read
This is what it said:

If you dream of the girl for you
Then call us and get two for the price of one!
We're the answer if you feel blue
So call us and get two for the price of one!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1528 on: April 08, 2015, 07:54:47 AM »
Nicely played Alice! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1529 on: April 08, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
Ah, I see you were able to figure it out. Nice job too, Monsta man!  :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1530 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:58 AM »
Ah, I see you were able to figure it out. Nice job too, Monsta man!  :))
I'd never heard that song though it's straight from 'my generation'.
Once I looked at the lyrics and had a listen, the last line really made me laugh. :rofl_2:

Interesting that you play chess and are interested in table tennis.
I used to play a ton of chess including a few amateur tourneys and I'm better at table tennis than 'court' tennis (which ain't sayin' much ;-()).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:34:28 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1531 on: April 12, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »
That's because ABBA wasn't that famous in the States though popular but not to the point The Beatles were (because they are the two biggest bands in the world hence the comparison).

The States have always preferred their own brand of music so they really never got into music from other countries - even today (the Beatles were the only exception). A lot of them in the States still see them as a mere 'Euro pop' group whereas ABBA has sold out Beatles everywhere else other than US, so clearly that's a misconception by the Americans . Also, they were really into blues at that time because of Elvis Presley and the African American singers at that time, so they couldn't get into European music and just stuck with their own.

This song wasn't a hit however though it is from one of their last and greatest albums - The Visitors. Yep, that punch line was really a cracker. It sounds like a long joke with a great fun ending. They even performed this live and you'd see Bjorn smiling naughtily when he delivered the punch line at the end. I am posting a link for you in case you want to watch.  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2APDCyVZ2zA

Yes, I grew up playing chess and cards. I was very good at both. But I don't play as much as I used to. I do have some card games on my computer, so when I feel a bit stressed out I play those because some of those are very challenging and make you forget about everything else, once you really get into it.

As to chess, I played with a 9 year old a few months back  :rofl_2: (but he's a gifted student and goes to special school -advanced IQ etc.) and beat him twice in 20 minutes. But seriously, I find it so time consuming that I don't feel like playing at all.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1532 on: April 12, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
That's because ABBA wasn't that famous in the States though popular but not to the point The Beatles were (because they are the two biggest bands in the world hence the comparison).

The States have always preferred their own brand of music so they really never got into music from other countries - even today (the Beatles were the only exception). A lot of them in the States still see them as a mere 'Euro pop' group whereas ABBA has sold out Beatles everywhere else other than US, so clearly that's a misconception by the Americans . Also, they were really into blues at that time because of Elvis Presley and the African American singers at that time, so they couldn't get into European music and just stuck with their own.

This song wasn't a hit however though it is from one of their last and greatest albums - The Visitors. Yep, that punch line was really a cracker. It sounds like a long joke with a great fun ending. They even performed this live and you'd see Bjorn smiling naughtily when he delivered the punch line at the end. I am posting a link for you in case you want to watch.  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2APDCyVZ2zA

Yes, I grew up playing chess and cards. I was very good at both. But I don't play as much as I used to. I do have some card games on my computer, so when I feel a bit stressed out I play those because some of those are very challenging and make you forget about everything else, once you really get into it.

As to chess, I played with a 9 year old a few months back  :rofl_2: (but he's a gifted student and goes to special school -advanced IQ etc.) and beat him twice in 20 minutes. But seriously, I find it so time consuming that I don't feel like playing at all.
I think you're right abooot ABBA not being as huge in the U.S. as elsewhere.  Thanks for the link, I'd already tracked it down and watched it.  Good fun!

I played a ton of chess when I was younger and ran a club for 4 years.  Also played a few tourneys when some 14 y.o.s took me out. :rofl_2:  My highest ranking was just over 1700 but I averaged closer to 1500.  Not bad for a knucklehead with zero training/coaching.  I let it go for similar reasons, it became too ponderous of an endeavor to sit still and focus for that long.  My favorite style of play is in an online forum that's similar to the old correspondence chess where you can set time limits from days to months and you can work/study each move/game at your leisure.  But I haven't done that in couple of years either.  Time/life is much too precious these days to sit in front of a screen for more than 10-15 minutes a day (actually, that's even a bit long :().
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1533 on: April 19, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »
That is actually awesome and yes, not to bad for an armature.  :))

One of my friends' brother is on the pro level but I forget his name.

I used to play online with my ex but of course after we broke up, I never got online. He was really good. My main problem these days is the focus. I can't focus for too long (maybe Andy has finally rubbed me off  :rofl_2: ) especially when I have so many other interests. Chess requires a lot of thinking or brain work and patience and focus. I think I lack the patience and the focus the most.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1534 on: Yesterday at 04:47:50 AM »
That is actually awesome and yes, not to bad for an armature.  :))

One of my friends' brother is on the pro level but I forget his name.

I used to play online with my ex but of course after we broke up, I never got online. He was really good. My main problem these days is the focus. I can't focus for too long (maybe Andy has finally rubbed me off  :rofl_2: ) especially when I have so many other interests. Chess requires a lot of thinking or brain work and patience and focus. I think I lack the patience and the focus the most.
I have the same 'disease'.
I now read magazines & catalogs instead of books. :ashamed:
I'd like to blame work for gobbling up my limited brain capacity but I fear it might just be old age. :(
CONK da ball!!!