Author Topic: What I'm listening to now....  (Read 126231 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: What I'm listening to now....
« Reply #1340 on: May 19, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
Connhita, it breaks my heart she passed away. so many memories ... so many retro nights with my friends ... when we were dancing like crazy with Donna ... great voice, great woman ...  :(

Alex, as you said so wel, it's very sad, so many memories and disco nights, she was one of my favorite artists.
without Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Donna Summer, the best of 70's-80's. very sad.
we were already without jobs, cash and without hope and now no summer. sad.
summer was elegant, sophisticated, talented, beautiful and classy.
she was more than a legend or a superstar, she was an icon.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1341 on: May 22, 2012, 06:25:18 AM »
I am listening to old Rnb songs. Its good to listen to old songs I think :)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1342 on: May 22, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »
Maps- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #1343 on: May 25, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
I have been listening to the Bee Gees (Robin Gibb passed away recently).  Of all the brothers (Andy, Robin, Maurice, and Barry...) - Barry is the only one left.  He's the oldest.  Wonder what it's like seeing all your younger brothers pass away.  It's sad.  I was a die-hard Bee Gee fan back in the   60's and 70s.  Rest in peace Robin!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1344 on: May 26, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »
I have been listening to the Bee Gees (Robin Gibb passed away recently).  Of all the brothers (Andy, Robin, Maurice, and Barry...) - Barry is the only one left.  He's the oldest.  Wonder what it's like seeing all your younger brothers pass away.  It's sad.  I was a die-hard Bee Gee fan back in the   60's and 70s.  Rest in peace Robin!

gosh ... joining you Dalas
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive [Version 1] (Video)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1345 on: May 26, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
I want to go back in 70/80s  :\ ... love this song (reminds of my first gf) we used to go out, eat some burgers and fries, drinking some real Coca Cola ... life was so simple ... we were so innocent and naive, oh well  :)
Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love (live, 1998)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:25:59 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1346 on: May 26, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
Connhita, it breaks my heart she passed away. so many memories ... so many retro nights with my friends ... when we were dancing like crazy with Donna ... great voice, great woman ...  :(

Alex, as you said so wel, it's very sad, so many memories and disco nights, she was one of my favorite artists.
without Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and Donna Summer, the best of 70's-80's. very sad.
we were already without jobs, cash and without hope and now no summer. sad.
summer was elegant, sophisticated, talented, beautiful and classy.
she was more than a legend or a superstar, she was an icon.
Babs, couldn't agree more. they were all amazing artists. Donna had a voice that would probably kill 99% of pop stars today, same with Micheal. Whitney at her prime would probably kill everyone  :). pure golden voices ... different times, my friend ... I don't even listen to pop music any more ... too boring ...

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #1347 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:31 PM »
Babs, couldn't agree more. they were all amazing artists. Donna had a voice that would probably kill 99% of pop stars today, same with Micheal. Whitney at her prime would probably kill everyone  :). pure golden voices ... different times, my friend ... I don't even listen to pop music any more ... too boring ...
I am sorry, I am not Babs or either a Federer fan! LOL!  :)) I totally agree with you about pop music, internet free downloads, the famous article/book about the long tail /wired by chris anderson and how the music industry has hanged, the companies go now for no risk artists/songs, no imagination. they are all the same more or less, for example I only like one song of Beyonce, "listen" or Rihanna "don't stop the music" only great with the sample of Jacko. Coldplay, no comment. then with MTV artists are selling videos instead of songs. I have no idea about XXI music, so little quantity of great songs.
The worst is Madonna, I was a big fan in the 80's til like a prayer, then she started the downhill with the infamous song "justify my love", in 92 movie a league on their won, included in the barcelona 1992 olympics my fav. ballad "this used to be my playground". Erotica only good songs are "rain" and "deeper and deeper". then she tried to tone down with a so-so song "i'll remember". Album bedtime stories in 1994 was crap, then in 1996 "Evita" translate to spanish means "avoid" to listen to the worst cover ever of Don't cry for me argentina" but "You must love me" was her last great song, won the oscar.
Then since 1997 all her reincarnations and new styles make me vomit, a streak of 15 years of golden sh!itty crap.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #1348 on: May 26, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »
Ambient Minimalist - Lowecaise Noise - Stars -  from the "Marshall" album. 2010.

Lowercase Noises is the music of Andy Othling from Albuquerque, New Mexico

Haunting and beautiful and tastefully done.

Cathkin Park, Glasgow, Scotland (Home of Third Lanark) 2011 HD - Urbex Derelict, Legendary Ground and Legendary Club!
Of all the Bristish stadiums gone but not forgotten, Cathkin Park is very probably nš1, historically at the top of the list.
In the podium with White City and Highbury in London. the top 5 with Roker Park in Sunderland and Ayresome Park in Middlesborugh.
the top 12, with Maine Road in Manchester, Burnden Park in Bolton, Baseball Ground in Derby, The Dell in Southampton, Filbert Street in Leicester, Highfield Road in Coventry, and Plough Lane in Wimbledon.   
Cathkin Park (Home of Third Lanark) 2011 HD - Urbex Derelict Abandoned Scotland Football Stadium

The park formerly contained a football stadium, which had played host to organised football since 1884. It was originally known as Hampden Park (the second by that name) and was owned by Queen's Park. When Queen's Park moved to the third (and current) Hampden Park, they sold the ground to Third Lanark, who renamed it New Cathkin Park. More information can be viewed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathkin_Park The park is currently undergoing a push for it to be restored to it's former glory and several of the old pictures have come from the blog used to keep historical details and updates to the development which can be viewed here: http://thirdlanark.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:05:19 AM by conchita »

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #1349 on: May 27, 2012, 01:59:59 AM »
Alex, Babs, Conchita :
. :rofl_2: :))

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:03:43 AM by ashwin#1 »
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1350 on: May 27, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
 :rofl_2: Ash, that was good  :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1351 on: May 27, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
 :hysterical:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1352 on: May 30, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
I started to listen to Linkin Park recently, especially there old albulms

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #1353 on: May 30, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »
I started to listen to Linkin Park recently, especially there old albulms

Linkin park..reminds me of my high school..when i was totally mad about them..
my fav.s songs from linkin park were :

in the end, Numb, bleed it out, what i've done, etcc..

i loved their older albums like meteora, hybrid theory & minutes to midnight.. :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1354 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:57 AM »
Tool - Cold And Ugly
Tool :: Cold And Ugly
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1355 on: June 02, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »
Van Halen - Eruption/You Really Got Me

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1356 on: June 02, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1357 on: June 04, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »
 :rofl_2:you have to see this ... so good
Michael Jackson w brytyjskim "Mam talent"

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1358 on: June 06, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »
:rofl_2:you have to see this ... so good
Michael Jackson w brytyjskim "Mam talent"

yeah, that was great!!!   :applause:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1359 on: June 11, 2012, 03:16:19 AM »
guys,  listen to Dame Bassey ... such an amazing voice ... I can't believe that this woman can sing so well, wow
Shirley Bassey - I Who Have Nothing