Author Topic: What I'm listening to now....  (Read 108223 times)

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
Re: What I'm listening to now....
« Reply #1360 on: June 11, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »
I am currently listening to jimi hendrix and Jeff beck songs at the moment :P

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1361 on: June 11, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
guys,  listen to Dame Bassey ... such an amazing voice ... I can't believe that this woman can sing so well, wow

I posted this before but Shirley does have an amazing voice.

Goldfinger

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1362 on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »
Hard to believe that I'm in the parents generation, but I actually have friends who are grandparents, which is totally ridiculous.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #1363 on: June 24, 2012, 07:00:23 AM »
....to my favorite radio station!!!   :)) Radio Wimbledon!!!  :))

Radio Wimbledon's theme tune is called "Purple and Green"  :))
and has been used since 1996 when it was composed by British Composer Tony Cox.  :))

"Keeping you on the ball: Radio Wimbledon, 87.7FM"
"Radio Wimbledon: It's Game, Set and Match for Tennis Coverage on 87.7FM"
"Radio Wimbledon: First for Results, Interviews, Expert Comment, News, Weather and Travel. It's all on 87.7FM"

Wimbledon

(glimpses of the old court 1 including the wave at 2'14''!!!!) 

Radio Wimbledon is the official radio station to the annual Wimbledon Tennis Championships at the AELTC in Wimbledon.

Radio Wimbledon broadcasts daily on 87.7FM between 8 am and approximately 10 pm during the Championships at Wimbledon. Broadcast from specially designed studios near the Press Centre at the AELTC, it is available in an area approximately within a 5 mile radius of the AELTC under a Restricted Service Licence, as well as online through www.wimbledon.org.

Launched in 1992 it provides extensive commentaries for matches using a team of reporters around the grounds. More recently, the service has been extended to provide dedicated commentaries for Centre Court on 96.3FM and No. 1 Court on 97.8FM. Due to the use of lower powered frequencies, these services are only available by radio for visitors in the stadiums, but are also available online. Radios are available in the grounds, though visitors are asked to use headphones at all times.

Since the station has been available online, the number of listeners has increased dramatically around the world to a peak of 600,000. It is perhaps the only station with such extensive ball by ball coverage that is available internationally, particularly as the BBC doesn't own the rights to broadcast through radio worldwide. However, a good relationship between BBC 5 Live and Radio Wimbledon has meant that material is sometimes shared between the two stations. Radio Wimbledon's reporting style is more impartial than the BBC, but there is still some patriotic support shown for British players such as Tim Henman and Andy Murray.

Wimbledon was the first Grand Slam tournament to offer radio coverage of this type. Other events have followed such as the Australian Open which launched a radio station in 2000.

Radio Wimbledon broadcasts live commentaries from matches all around the ground, as well as frequent updates of scores, results and news. It plays popular music, provides local travel news, weather reports and holds competitions. The presenters are often joined by guests to discuss the tennis. These regular guests have included Nick Bollettieri and Judy Murray.

Radio Wimbledon often asks for listeners to contribute interesting questions which can be discussed on air. These can be sent through e-mail or, in 2007, SMS. Listeners can also send comments using these methods.

In the evenings, press conferences are often broadcast as well as a summary of the day's play. The order of play for the following day is often announced when it becomes available.

When the station is off-air, a repeated "loop" containing a summary of the day's matches is played along with Radio Wimbledon's distinctive theme tune. From 2007, these summaries have been available on www.wimbledon.org as downloadable podcasts.

On Middle Sunday, the 9:30 am Sung Eucharist service is usually broadcast from the nearby St Mary's Church. The church has also been the location of the radio mast used by Radio Wimbledon.

From the Monday before the Championships begin, a similar loop is used to bring coverage from the Qualifying rounds and a review of the previous year's tournament. The draws are also broadcast on the station when they are announced. [edit] Presenters and Commentators
Radio Wimbledon's main presenters are Nick Dye and Sam Lloyd
The commentating team include:
Gigi Salmon, Nick Lestor, Rupert Bell, Nigel Bidmead, Guy Swindells, Lucy Ahl, Nadine Towell
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:18:22 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1364 on: June 24, 2012, 07:17:19 PM »
Hi Conchita, good to see ya.  :)

Anyway, I haven't 't posted songs in a long time so I thought I'd some before I go.

Audioslave - Like A Stone

Portishead - glory box

Moby-Porcelain (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

City and Colour - The Grand Optimist

Burn It Down - Linkin Park
You are everything I am not.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1365 on: June 24, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »
and where are you going Emma? I hate you right now, the biggest drama queen ever.  :)~

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1366 on: June 25, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
Hi Emma, nice to see you again  ;-()

Not bad, except linkin park ofc  :)~ :)~

Anyway this is what I'm playing with my band:
Down - Ghosts Along The Mississippi (Live Rock Hard Festival)

Pantera - Mouth For War (Video)

etc etc
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1367 on: June 25, 2012, 11:33:22 AM »
That's pretty hardcore stuff Luggy.
Personally, I prefer something a little softer......

Static-X - Push It (Video)

or perhaps.....

Tool-Right In Two
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:45:54 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #1368 on: June 25, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »
Good stuff MT, I like Tool a lot, so unique!

So a bit softer then.. Here's the legend:

Ghost Riders In The Sky

I believe no cover could match the original or be better, except Johnny's covers :
Johnny Cash - Hurt (Real HQ - High Quality)

In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1369 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
That Cash cover is rock solid.

Another one I like (surprisingly!) is

Shinedown - Simple Man (Video) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1370 on: June 28, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »
Good stuff MT, I like Tool a lot, so unique!

I believe no cover could match the original or be better, except Johnny's covers :
Johnny Cash - Hurt (Real HQ - High Quality)

Yep. My favorite, Luggy.  :king:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1371 on: July 03, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
Nightmares On Wax - The Sweetest (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #1372 on: July 11, 2012, 08:02:53 PM »
Klemens Werner "Kassandras Fluch"

Encierro San Fermín 10 julio 2012 (El Pilar) [HD 720p] (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

With 3 more days of running of the bulls in Pamplona, without any doubt this has been the perfect running with the bulls of El Pilar on tuesday.
 Lot of credit because prior to them there were the big 3 in the traditional combo of weekend (plenty of people)-monday, the catle ranchs of Dolores Aguirre-Eduardo Miura-Jose Cebada Gago, the bulls of Dolores (the pains) on saturday, the most legendary of them all, Miuras on sunday and the most dangerous, Cebadas (barleys) on monday, the big 3 from ranches in Andalucia.
Then came the bulls of El Pilar (Our Lady of El Pilar, patroness of Spain), the ranch in wonderful province of Salamanca and made the perfect running in a very international event, see the soccer shirts, there's even a Man Utd guy.

Fast and Furious. El Pilar.Ahead.  Wonderful!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1373 on: July 13, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »

this is from 2001, during my school days........so fond of this song and the movie........

Kushi Movie Songs - Cheliya Cheliya Song - Pawan Kalyan, Bhoomika Chawla (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1374 on: July 15, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »
adele- 21 album

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #1375 on: July 27, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »
simply one of the best spanish singer of all time, and sadly like the tradition with all the female spanish female singers, take it too soon to heaven. deeply missed. 

this is her trademark song, the spanish singer who truly touched and reached latinamerica and the more famouss and loved there.

(the lyrics of this song are unforgettable, but with this performance there's no need of translation)

Rocio Durcal - Marieta- Eternal Love - Amor Eterno
Rocio Durcal llora al cantar "Amor Eterno" en Ecuador (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1376 on: July 29, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »

The Delfonics La La Means I Love You (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Offline EMBtennis

• New Poster
« Reply #1377 on: July 31, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
NIGHTWISH "Ever Dream"  :walk-man:
Rafael Nadal and Grigor Dimitrov - greatness in the making!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1378 on: August 11, 2012, 06:39:50 AM »
Sound Remedy - Downtown (Official Video) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1379 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »
Sound Remedy - Downtown (Official Video)

i heard this soundtrack in a shopping mall here........it's good........who's that lead girl monster?