Author Topic: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?  (Read 87177 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dmastous

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15259
  • Gender: Male
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
$2.58 is the lowest I've seen at four gas stations this morning. I almost filled up fpr $20!!!  :lmao:


This is a nice trend. I just paid $2.61 a gallon myself. 3/4 of a tank for $36. :H

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

  • The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15107
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2007, 03:30:47 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
$2.58 is the lowest I've seen at four gas stations this morning. I almost filled up fpr $20!!!  :lmao:


This is a nice trend. I just paid $2.61 a gallon myself. 3/4 of a tank for $36. :H


I just paid $2.55 yesterday!   :H  :uh:

Offline dmastous

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15259
  • Gender: Male
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
$2.58 is the lowest I've seen at four gas stations this morning. I almost filled up fpr $20!!!  :lmao:


This is a nice trend. I just paid $2.61 a gallon myself. 3/4 of a tank for $36. :H


I just paid $2.55 yesterday!   :H  :uh:


Hey! You guys are below us again! :;:-|

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline gm3106

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 3399
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2007, 04:43:19 PM »
Just imagine what you'll be paying at the pump when Bush attacks Iran. It won't be pretty.

Offline pawan89

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 8501
  • Gender: Male
    • Onset of Chaos
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2007, 11:08:45 PM »
yep.. 2.55 here as well.


Offline dmastous

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15259
  • Gender: Male
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »
I've been noting the price of gas in colubus was lower that that of New England last year, but seemed higher this year. I still don't know why, but here is confirmation of that:

Looking at this chart you can see the Boston gas prices in red, the national average in green/grey and Columbus in blue. You see the Columbus price this time last year was about $2.20/gal and the price here was $2.60. The Columbus prices were lower and the NE and National average were dipping down at that time. Then for about 2 months they were close to even, then in January Columbus dropped down to as low as $1.95. 2 weeks later it was $2.25, and higher than NE and the NA. They stayed the same until April, with NE prices the lowest. The high water mark was May 20th when Columbus was $3.50, the NA was $3.30 and NE was a little over $3.00.
The Columbus price has spiked quite a bit while the NE and NA have been relatively consistant in rising and falling. Columbus prices spiked again to $3.18 July 10th, then dropped below us, going to $2.50 late July, but has now gone up higher again, to $2.90. Meanwhile we are paying about $2.55/gal.
So I guess the real question is, why does Ohio gas prices spike so much. They seem to react very violently to trends while other states' gas prices react, but do so gradually. Chicago for instance has been even more expensive these past 6 months. When Columbus gas peaked at $3.50, Chicago peaked at $3.70. They are still paying about $3.10/gal.
This chart was created by http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline BGT

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 11546
  • Gender: Female
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »
I filled up for $2.49 last Thursday.



Offline Tennis4you

  • Administrator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 24868
  • Gender: Male
    • Tennis4you
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2007, 09:52:14 PM »
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
I filled up for $2.49 last Thursday.


Gas prices dropped here to about $2.50 as well but then shot back up to the $2.80s...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tennis4you

  • Administrator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 24868
  • Gender: Male
    • Tennis4you
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2007, 10:02:46 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
I've been noting the price of gas in colubus was lower that that of New England last year, but seemed higher this year. I still don't know why, but here is confirmation of that:

Looking at this chart you can see the Boston gas prices in red, the national average in green/grey and Columbus in blue. You see the Columbus price this time last year was about $2.20/gal and the price here was $2.60. The Columbus prices were lower and the NE and National average were dipping down at that time. Then for about 2 months they were close to even, then in January Columbus dropped down to as low as $1.95. 2 weeks later it was $2.25, and higher than NE and the NA. They stayed the same until April, with NE prices the lowest. The high water mark was May 20th when Columbus was $3.50, the NA was $3.30 and NE was a little over $3.00.
The Columbus price has spiked quite a bit while the NE and NA have been relatively consistant in rising and falling. Columbus prices spiked again to $3.18 July 10th, then dropped below us, going to $2.50 late July, but has now gone up higher again, to $2.90. Meanwhile we are paying about $2.55/gal.
So I guess the real question is, why does Ohio gas prices spike so much. They seem to react very violently to trends while other states' gas prices react, but do so gradually. Chicago for instance has been even more expensive these past 6 months. When Columbus gas peaked at $3.50, Chicago peaked at $3.70. They are still paying about $3.10/gal.
This chart was created by http://www.gasbuddy.com/


Man, Columbus has a lot more ups and downs.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline BGT

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 11546
  • Gender: Female
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2007, 10:05:02 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
I filled up for $2.49 last Thursday.


Gas prices dropped here to about $2.50 as well but then shot back up to the $2.80s...


Yeah, I brought my aunt to that gas station but it was back up to $2.59. The lowest I've see is $2.55.



Offline Dallas

  • Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 30585
  • Gender: Female
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:54 PM »
I filled up this morning at $2.52/gallon.

Offline pawan89

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 8501
  • Gender: Male
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2007, 12:46:11 PM »
I feel lucky... we have been oscillating between 2.37 to 2.43 here. Less than 25 to fill a tank.


Offline dmastous

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15259
  • Gender: Male
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
I feel lucky... we have been oscillating between 2.37 to 2.43 here. Less than 25 to fill a tank.

You must have a small tank. I'm averaging $37 per tank. It's right around $2.6-$2.7 per gallon here.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

  • Administrator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 24868
  • Gender: Male
    • Tennis4you
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2007, 04:59:27 PM »
I am right in line with you dmast.  $37 is a painfully familiar number these days...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline BGT

  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 11546
  • Gender: Female
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2007, 06:08:08 PM »
I've seen $2.53 a few places around town.



Offline OSU Buckeye

  • The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15107
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2007, 07:12:52 PM »
$2.69 just tonight!  It will be more expensive over the weekend as per usual!   ;-() :(

Offline Dallas

  • Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 30585
  • Gender: Female
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
$2.69 just tonight!  It will be more expensive over the weekend as per usual!   ;-() :(

We're now at around $2.59 but it takes me about $40-41 to fill up.  And since I travel 50 miles (round trip) to and from work every day... I'm taking a big hit at the pump even though my job gives me a business & travel allowance per month.

Offline OSU Buckeye

  • The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 15107
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2007, 12:51:16 AM »
$2.69 just tonight!  It will be more expensive over the weekend as per usual!   ;-() :(

We're now at around $2.59 but it takes me about $40-41 to fill up.  And since I travel 50 miles (round trip) to and from work every day... I'm taking a big hit at the pump even though my job gives me a business & travel allowance per month.

My round-trip travel per day is roughly 60 miles or so...............with no travel allowances!   :(

Offline Dallas

  • Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 30585
  • Gender: Female
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2007, 03:36:25 PM »
$2.69 just tonight!  It will be more expensive over the weekend as per usual!   ;-() :(

We're now at around $2.59 but it takes me about $40-41 to fill up.  And since I travel 50 miles (round trip) to and from work every day... I'm taking a big hit at the pump even though my job gives me a business & travel allowance per month.

My round-trip travel per day is roughly 60 miles or so...............with no travel allowances!   :(

Oh!  Sorry.. My job gives me $150/month for gas.  I guess I can't complain.

Offline Tennis4you

  • Administrator
  • Tennis God
  • ******
  • Posts: 24868
  • Gender: Male
    • Tennis4you
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2007, 09:45:42 AM »
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com