Author Topic: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?  (Read 87907 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »
Alright CT, lets dealve deeper...........how many miles per day or week would you guess that you drive? 

Not al ot for me, I just use my car to go from A to B in terms of work and then just use it when I'm going to see somebody so I'd say it would be around the 125/150 miles per week. But somebody like my dad who does a lot of driving is filling up roughly every 2 days- so just imagine how much he has to pay  :( How many miles per week would you drive Buckeye?
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2008, 08:28:37 AM »
Alright CT, lets dealve deeper...........how many miles per day or week would you guess that you drive? 

That really doesn't apply unless we are all interstate truck drivers.
I'm pretty sure those in England who drive drive just as many miles as we do. Sure they can't drive 1000 miles from one place to another, but I'd guess they average the same going from work to home, to the store and back etc.
England's an island, but it's not Figi.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2008, 08:32:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure those in England who drive drive just as many miles as we do. Sure they can't drive 1000 miles from one place to another, but I'd guess they average the same going from work to home, to the store and back etc.

Right on Dmas, our average is just going to be similar to any average person in America, in terms of going backwards and forwards to work, the trips family or social related and things like that. Truth is we're absolutely ripped off for petrol and now I know we're paying over twice what you're paying in America I'm even more mad with having to pay so much over here :ranting:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »
A quick funny story:   I was filling the wifey's truck recently and used credit card at the pump.  It got up to $75 and the pump shut off.  I had to go through the whole credit card entry process again just to fill her truck (another $15 or something)!  :(   I guess those pumps have some automatic shut-off at $75 for some reason!   Ouch!   :-o

Last time I filled up it was about $3.50  :scared: .  I should start saving already for the Cincy trip in July.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »

Right on Dmas, our average is just going to be similar to any average person in America, in terms of going backwards and forwards to work, the trips family or social related and things like that. Truth is we're absolutely ripped off for petrol and now I know we're paying over twice what you're paying in America I'm even more mad with having to pay so much over here :ranting:

I've heard Germany and France have been in a serious inflationary cycle. I wonder what they are paying in Germany and France. I'm guessing it's more than you are.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »

I've heard Germany and France have been in a serious inflationary cycle. I wonder what they are paying in Germany and France. I'm guessing it's more than you are.

h they're very high as well but I'm sure up until at least 3/4 years ago we were paying just about the most. Not sure about the 2 countries now though.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:04 PM »

Not al ot for me, I just use my car to go from A to B in terms of work and then just use it when I'm going to see somebody so I'd say it would be around the 125/150 miles per week. But somebody like my dad who does a lot of driving is filling up roughly every 2 days- so just imagine how much he has to pay  :( How many miles per week would you drive Buckeye?

I drive almost as much as your weekly but in a day.  My driving is more like your fathers.  I fill up at least every 3 days and that is on a car that holds 14 gallons. 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2008, 01:13:22 AM »

I drive almost as much as your weekly but in a day.  My driving is more like your fathers.  I fill up at least every 3 days and that is on a car that holds 14 gallons. 

Heck you do an awful lot of driving each week to stack up those sort of numbers- is that to and from your work? or does your job invlove some driving?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »

Heck you do an awful lot of driving each week to stack up those sort of numbers- is that to and from your work? or does your job invlove some driving?

Both.   My drive to work is about 35 miles and then I often drive another 20 miles for the job.  That makes about 90 to 110 miles per day. 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »

Both.   My drive to work is about 35 miles and then I often drive another 20 miles for the job.  That makes about 90 to 110 miles per day. 

Yeah thats for sure a lot of miles, I'd hate to drive that far to work everyday! My dad does around the 130-150 miles a day!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2008, 07:23:37 PM »
$3.18!   ;-()    I was pretty pumped since I have been worried it was gonna go above $3.30 and stay. 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2008, 02:10:24 AM »
$3.18!   ;-()    I was pretty pumped since I have been worried it was gonna go above $3.30 and stay. 

I'd be more than pumped if I drove past and saw that price  :whistle:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:50 AM »
Just filled up at $3.03.
Can't believe that's a good thing. ..-)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »
Just filled up at $3.03.

What a good feeling that must be to fill up for that sort of price. Is all across America around the $3- 3.45 range? What's the most expensive State that you know of?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »
Just filled up at $3.03.

What a good feeling that must be to fill up for that sort of price. Is all across America around the $3- 3.45 range? What's the most expensive State that you know of?

Outside of Hawaii, California is nearly always the most expensive. I've heard they are paying over $3.70/gal.
This site will answer all those questions though: http://www.gasbuddy.com
According to them the lowest prices are around $3.45, and the high end is around $3.90 in California.  Hawaii is right in that same range.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:22:41 AM by dmastous »

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »
Just filled up at $3.03.

Outside of Hawaii, California is nearly always the most expensive. I've heard they are paying over $3.70/gal.
This site will answer all those questions though: http://www.gasbuddy.com/GB_StateList.aspx
According to them the lowest prices are around $3.45, and the high end is around $3.90 in California.  Hawaii is right in that same range.

Wow! California are getting close to have to pay a whole $ more than what you just paid- and thats in the same country! I know California is one of the most expensive places to live so figured they'd more than likely be one of the States paying the most, but didn't see them having to pay aroundf $3.90 in some parts  :scared: Thanks for that link I'm going to have a look at that and see some of the prices.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »
Just filled up at $3.03.

This site will answer all those questions though: http://www.gasbuddy.com/GB_StateList.aspx

Wow! California are getting close to have to pay a whole $ more than what you just paid- and thats in the same country! I know California is one of the most expensive places to live so figured they'd more than likely be one of the States paying the most, but didn't see them having to pay aroundf $3.90 in some parts  :scared: Thanks for that link I'm going to have a look at that and see some of the prices.

The other interesting thing is that gas in Northern California (San Fransisco) is typically 20 cents higher than Southern California (LA). It's my understanding that, due to stricter emissions controls California uses a type of gas that only one refinery is supplying. It's more expensive than the gas the rest of the country uses.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
Just filled up at $3.03.

The other interesting thing is that gas in Northern California (San Fransisco) is typically 20 cents higher than Southern California (LA). It's my understanding that, due to stricter emissions controls California uses a type of gas that only one refinery is supplying. It's more expensive than the gas the rest of the country uses.

20 cents in one state- gee thats an awful lot! Can understand though why its higher in California than any other State if they use gas which is only produced in one refinery because of the stricter emission controls. Thats going to be a big factor in their higher prices so that makes a lot of sense now, other than just thinking its because everything pretty much in California by all accounts is more expensive- ie living costs, real estate. It's good to hear about these sorts of things and get a real feel for other countries and differences in that country alone, and then compare it to what we've got over here.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »
I was getting $3.09 down in Tennesse and now back to $3.16 and thereabouts up here!