Author Topic: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?  (Read 85552 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2008, 12:48:30 PM »
I was getting $3.09 down in Tennesse and now back to $3.16 and thereabouts up here! 

When did you go to Tennesse Buckeye? and what did you go there for? work or with wifey/family/friends?
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »
I was getting $3.09 down in Tennesse and now back to $3.16 and thereabouts up here! 

When did you go to Tennesse Buckeye? and what did you go there for? work or with wifey/family/friends?

I was there with wifey and family over Easter weekend from Thursday night to yesterday night!  You really need to read the tennis journals more often!   ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:27 PM »

I was there with wifey and family over Easter weekend from Thursday night to yesterday night!  You really need to read the tennis journals more often!   ;-()

Sounds excellent Buckeye, nice break to have over Easter, so sure you enjoyed it  :) I read the Tennis journals section briefly but haven't read it much over the last few days, maybe I need to go and do some catching up  ;-() What area of Tennesse did you stay in? or are you going to make me go and look through the journals right now  :))

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »

Sounds excellent Buckeye, nice break to have over Easter, so sure you enjoyed it  :) I read the Tennis journals section briefly but haven't read it much over the last few days, maybe I need to go and do some catching up  ;-() What area of Tennesse did you stay in? or are you going to make me go and look through the journals right now  :))

I expect you are already looking in the journals, but no, you don't have to go read all the journals..............just mine!   :)~ :whistle:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »

I expect you are already looking in the journals, but no, you don't have to go read all the journals..............just mine!   :)~ :whistle:

I knew you'd do that to me  :fish:
On vacation I go then to your journal to check out where it was you went  ;-()

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
We're around $3.13-$3.19 here in Dallas.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2008, 01:22:59 AM »
We're around $3.13-$3.19 here in Dallas.

From that link Dmas put on here about fuel prices all across America, it seems that you're at the lowest end in terms of prices- that looks very good compared to a lot of the States, and a lot healthier still compared to our prices.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
Today, the Euro peaked to an all-time high > 1.50 against the USD. Expect gas prices to follow suit.

Hoooly crap criers! The Euro is now 1.54 against the USD.

1.5577 !!!!  :eek:

Whilst riding the train this am, I happened to catch the gas price in downtown Chicago just outside the Loop.

$3.55

Go GREEN!!!!

Euro 1.58
gas  3.65
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
Havent followed this thrad, but its getting bad over here. about 115p per litre is it Chris? Or gallon?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
Havent followed this thrad, but its getting bad over here. about 115p per litre is it Chris? Or gallon?

On average its around 107p per litre right now over here! I so wish that was per gallon. So we worked it out that it was over twice as expensive as what it is in America :ranting:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »

On average its around 107p per litre right now over here! I so wish that was per gallon. So we worked it out that it was over twice as expensive as what it is in America :ranting:

And theyre complaining??? What is it with American people?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »

I know- apparently the prices are really high right now in terms of what they;ve previously been but if they spent 6 months over here they'd be loving those petrol stations in America  :) I'd so love to be paying their prices instead of the rip off I have to pay.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »

I know- apparently the prices are really high right now in terms of what they;ve previously been but if they spent 6 months over here they'd be loving those petrol stations in America  :) I'd so love to be paying their prices instead of the rip off I have to pay.

That's right. It's all a matter of perspective. It wasn't long ago we were paying about $1.70/gal. The complaints aren't just limited to how much it costs to fill up our cars. It goes much further than that. It's driving the cost of everything up. But I'm sure it's doing the same over there too.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »

That's right. It's all a matter of perspective. It wasn't long ago we were paying about $1.70/gal. The complaints aren't just limited to how much it costs to fill up our cars. It goes much further than that. It's driving the cost of everything up. But I'm sure it's doing the same over there too.

Yeah its really a case of what you're used to and what you've expereinced in the past. That $1.70 a gallon is unbelievable and such a low price and compare that to what you guys are having to pay now then no wonder its really annoying for you. Everything over here is shooting up dramatically. Think of this our electic bill went up by £100, so about $200 in just 12 months- I mean thats insane and just shouldn't be allowed!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »
I filled up for the first time ever today, £1.09 per litre. Not sure what that equates to in $/gallon.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2008, 11:06:26 AM »
I filled up for the first time ever today, £1.09 per litre. Not sure what that equates to in $/gallon.

Welcome to gas hell! :ranting:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »

Lol, I still dont see why you Americans are fussing, we have it way worse.

For the cheap stuff visit Malaysia.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:40 AM »

Lol, I still dont see why you Americans are fussing, we have it way worse.

For the cheap stuff visit Malaysia.

Like I said, it's all a matter of perspective. I don't know what prices are in Malaysia, but I'm sure they are complaining about what they are paying as compared to what they were paying 3 years ago too.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2008, 11:19:43 AM »
I would assume the car you drive and its miles/gallon capability is more important than the price of petrol for keeping prices down. A small Renault Clio will go above 50 miles/gallon but a lot of much heavier (and more expensive) cars can be below 20.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »
I would assume the car you drive and its miles/gallon capability is more important than the price of petrol for keeping prices down. A small Renault Clio will go above 50 miles/gallon but a lot of much heavier (and more expensive) cars can be below 20.

That's true. My Camry gets around 30 mpg, but most trucks and SUVs get more like 15 mpg. Some SUVs get as much as 20 mpg. Hybrid cars and trucks get better milage. Chevy as advertizing a large SUV which gets over 30 mpg, but I would bet on it doing that.
Another distinction is city driving vs highway driving. If you are in the city, starting and stopping, you will get much worse mileage than when you are on the highway and driving at a constant speed.

An ambition fulfilled