Author Topic: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?  (Read 86525 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 09:52:16 AM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
A quick funny story:   I was filling the wifey's truck recently and used credit card at the pump.  It got up to $75 and the pump shut off.  I had to go through the whole credit card entry process again just to fill her truck (another $15 or something)!  :(   I guess those pumps have some automatic shut-off at $75 for some reason!   Ouch!   :-o

Guess they'll have to make an adjustment with that limit thing.
They might have put that limit in there to keep people from pumping and running, and they don't get burned too much. But they NEVER figured $75 would be not enough to fill up a tank!

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »
I've seen $2.99-3.18. There's a new Texaco down the street that's at $2.88!! Is gas cheaper in Louisiana than in any other state?

Offline cgw

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
A quick funny story:   I was filling the wifey's truck recently and used credit card at the pump.  It got up to $75 and the pump shut off.  I had to go through the whole credit card entry process again just to fill her truck (another $15 or something)!  :(   I guess those pumps have some automatic shut-off at $75 for some reason!   Ouch!   :-o

Is your wife a lumberjack and so has to drive a truck?
She KNEW she had a big fat ass...and her attitude was "Kiss it!"

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 07:55:50 AM »
Quote from: "cgw"

Nah, wifey has horses so she needs a truck and we are not a 3-car family yet.  Though, maybe I should crunch some numbers and see if it would be more beneficial.   :;:-|

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 08:05:52 AM »

Nah, wifey has horses so she needs a truck and we are not a 3-car family yet.  Though, maybe I should crunch some numbers and see if it would be more beneficial.   :;:-|

Just use the horse! You may be ahead of the curve. We may all be riding bikes or horses soon enough. :whistle:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"

Just use the horse! You may be ahead of the curve. We may all be riding bikes or horses soon enough. :whistle:

Yeah, let me just tell wifey to ride that 25 minute drive to work on her horse, and, in her relatively nice clothes!?   :;:-|

I guess I proly have asked dumber things of her!   ..-)

Offline tommyd922

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 09:55:27 AM »
Reg Unl. hit $3.49 for part of the day on Tues. I'm glad I have a motorcycle!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 11:09:58 AM »
Just filled up for $2.99.....
I have still not had to pay $3 or more, but that day is very near.  ;>)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »
Seems like I am the luckiest so far - filled up my parents' car for $2.84 yesterday. . Thats only because we were comng back from some place and this one stretch in between has three to four gastations that are the cheapest I have seen anywhere. Fortunately I pass this stretch everyday during college. Around my nieghborhood, its running from 3.01 to 3.09 for regular.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »
$3.20 yesterday morning!  If I posted every time I get gas you would see how often I get gas due to my long drives that I have.  I have been filling my car about every 4 days!  Ouch!   :(    Uncle, uncle, UNCLE!   ;;)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »

Dude that is brutal!  I saw $3.49 at the pump today.  Scary stuff.

You hit 3000 posts!  I owe you a shirt or something.  Shoot, I still owe you money from a while back.  I will pay up this summer, I know what all I owe.  You gonna have me string that racquet you broke a week ago or is it in DW's hands now?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 12:44:51 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

Dude that is brutal!  I saw $3.49 at the pump today.  Scary stuff.

You hit 3000 posts!  I owe you a shirt or something.  Shoot, I still owe you money from a while back.  I will pay up this summer, I know what all I owe.  You gonna have me string that racquet you broke a week ago or is it in DW's hands now?

Hells yes!  :uh:    The broken string racquet sits in my bag.  Which is insane because I was with you when I broke the string and yet I forgot to give it to you for stringing.   :;:-|     That is not the first time that has happened either!   ..-)

Offline Richard

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
We are at $3.30 right now I think.  I haven't filled up with it higher than $3.15 yet but I need to fill up in the next day or two.  Oh well, I guess it is what it is, nothing I can do about it.

I remember back in college, a mere 8 years ago, I filled up at a gas station for 88 cents per gallon.  That was the lowest I ever saw it.  I miss those days...

I seem to remember $.49/gal. Way back before OPEC got started controlling gas prices.
I remember under 25 cents/gal....and recently, trying to find the pattern of spread of technology, i.e.:  the spread of industrialized nations, I went to wikipedia for the page on the G-7 countries (originally, it was the G-6.  ;;)  )  Wiki didn't have the info...

However, I did find the whole G6/G7/G8, (or G30...if you count "House Europe," or the EU countries.)...came about as a reaction to the Yom Kippur War:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G8

Offline junbug300

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
prices dipped slightly to 3.32/gal @ fred meyer's. if you have a rewards card, 3c off. buy $100 worth of groceries , 10c off. i've seen other stations running @ 10-15c more /gal around the portland, OR/ vancouver, WA metro area. guys you need to stop driving those big engine car's, SUV's and pickups and start taking the bus, walk or drive a small four cylinder car to wherever you go.
hell, i was suppose to go to vancouver, BC this weekend but that got scrapped because of the high gas prices. ;>)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:21 AM »
I paid $2.99 again. Still haven't had to pay over $3. I figure I'll be paying that and more by July 4th though.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 10:38:21 AM »
guys dont come 2 the uk,you pay in $ we pay in pounds here,its about £4,45p a gal this can go up or down a bit.& you folks think its bad in the USA :ranting:  :whistle:
sid :(

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »
Quote from: "sid"
guys dont come 2 the uk,you pay in $ we pay in pounds here,its about £4,45p a gal this can go up or down a bit.& you folks think its bad in the USA :ranting:  :whistle:

I don't have a car yet, but don't we sell the fuel in litres? It's usually around 96p per litre.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 01:10:09 PM »
Quote from: "murrayfan11"

I don't have a car yet, but don't we sell the fuel in litres? It's usually around 96p per litre.

I had heard the gas prices in Europe were pretty high, so I was hoping one of you from across the pond would post something here. I too was under the impression that fuel was sold in liters not gallons, but it's not too difficult to convert both liters to gallons and pounds to dollars. I had thought you were up over $5/gal a year or so ago and figured you might be even higher now. Hmmmm
Thanks.
Oh and sorry...

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2007, 01:11:44 PM »
$3.49 here now.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
Quote from: "murrayfan11"

LOL i forgive you there on litres,your a bit to young for gallons lol,im still in the old ways.
sid :))