Author Topic: Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?  (Read 88285 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Gas prices??? What are you paying at the pump?
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 06:29:14 PM »
Yeah, the wifey and I were in Europe last year for 2 weeks.  I don't remember exactly how bad it was but it was definitely worse than here so I guess we shouldn't b**ch...............but, its still just a matter of what you're used to paying and how much the increase is that makes it difficult to swallow!  Prices have been on a drastic increase lately so it is just rough because we didn't get any warning!    

Towed the wifey's horses today home from the inlaws and had to fill her truck.  We payed $3.46 and put like $67 in and didn't fill the tank because it was too expensive.   We knew it would get us to our closer-to-home-stations which have to be cheaper than that!?   ||-|

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Yeah, the wifey and I were in Europe last year for 2 weeks.  I don't remember exactly how bad it was but it was definitely worse than here so I guess we shouldn't b**ch...............but, its still just a matter of what you're used to paying and how much the increase is that makes it difficult to swallow!  Prices have been on a drastic increase lately so it is just rough because we didn't get any warning!    

Towed the wifey's horses today home from the inlaws and had to fill her truck.  We payed $3.46 and put like $67 in and didn't fill the tank because it was too expensive.   We knew it would get us to our closer-to-home-stations which have to be cheaper than that!?   ||-|

That's the biggest thing my mom didn't think about expense-wise when she got her horse a couple months ago. Before she was using her van mostly and getting 16-20 Mpg. Now she's pulling her horse with a 1/2 ton pickup that gets 9 mpg on a good day. It's killing her budget. Didn't help that she got lost and ended up driving around for 3 hours with horse in tow going the wrong way.

Not to be a stick in the mud (which I can be when not reminded to shut up), but as you say, it's not the price as it's compared to what they pay in Europe, it's the price as compared to what we paid last year. It's not as much what we are paying at the pump, though that's important. It's the effect it has on the cost of everything. Gas is one of the core costs of business, along with electicity. Both of which are rising at alarming rates. The result is the cost of everything going up more quickly. Food, clothes, toys, whatever. When gas goes up it cost more to get it to the store, that's transferred to the price. When electricity goes up it costs more to run the machines and light the factorys and that cost is transferred to the consumer. Inflation has been tooling along at around 5 or 6 percent even during the more economically successful times. But with gas up over 60 or 70% from what it was a couple years ago, it's only a matter of time before that rise will be reflected in the cost of everything.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 06:47:13 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"

That's the biggest thing my mom didn't think about expense-wise when she got her horse a couple months ago. Before she was using her van mostly and getting 16-20 Mpg. Now she's pulling her horse with a 1/2 ton pickup that gets 9 mpg on a good day. It's killing her budget. Didn't help that she got lost and ended up driving around for 3 hours with horse in tow going the wrong way.
Not to be a stick in the mud (which I can be when not reminded to shut up), but as you say, it's not the price as it's compared to what they pay in Europe, it's the price as compared to what we paid last year. It's not as much what we are paying at the pump, though that's important. It's the effect it has on the cost of everything. Gas is one of the core costs of business, along with electicity. Both of which are rising at alarming rates. The result is the cost of everything going up more quickly. Food, clothes, toys, whatever. When gas goes up it cost more to get it to the store, that's transferred to the price. When electricity goes up it costs more to run the machines and light the factorys and that cost is transferred to the consumer. Inflation has been tooling along at around 5 or 6 percent even during the more economically successful times. But with gas up over 60 or 70% from what it was a couple years ago, it's only a matter of time before that rise will be reflected in the cost of everything.

Ouch, lets hope that is not the case!   ;-()      

We have a Chevy Silverado 2500, 4-wheel drive.  It was relatively inexpensive as far as trucks go but as you said of your mom, it is definitely hitting our funds and ability to save up money!  Good thing we are DINK!   ;-()

Offline Richard

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »
Quote from: "sid"
Quote from: "murrayfan11"
Quote from: "sid"
guys dont come 2 the uk,you pay in $ we pay in pounds here,its about £4,45p a gal this can go up or down a bit.& you folks think its bad in the USA :ranting:  :whistle:
sid :(

I don't have a car yet, but don't we sell the fuel in litres? It's usually around 96p per litre.

LOL i forgive you there on litres,your a bit to young for gallons lol,im still in the old ways.
sid :))
What's the prevalence of motorcycles there in the U.K.?---I was looking through a print copy of Walneck's:
http://www.walnecks.com
...and there were lots and lots of British Cycles:  Royal Enfield, Triumph, & etc.--

Are there more motorcycles, do you imagine, as a percentage of the driving public, than here in the U.S.A.?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 07:42:34 AM »
I have been consistently paying $3.18 for the past couple of times!   :(

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
Just paid $2.91 for gas today. But my coworker said he paid $2.81. :\
Then he went online and found a couple station that were reported at $2.67 and $2.69. :|

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 07:38:14 AM »
Then he went online and found a couple station that were reported at $2.67 and $2.69. :|

How is this possible, we are still above $3!???

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 08:02:51 AM »

I've asked this question before. When I was out there last July, gas was uniformly .10-.20 cents lower there than it was here. What happened to make Ohio gas leap frog Mass gas in price?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 08:04:25 AM »

I've asked this question before. When I was out there last July, gas was uniformly .10-.20 cents lower there than it was here. What happened to make Ohio gas leap frog Mass gas in price?

I don't know, but we best be leap-frogging back...........and soon please!   ;-()

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2007, 09:35:14 PM »
Just thought I'd bring this back.

Having done quite a bit of driving these past few days (to Newport and back home 3 times, a total of over 600 miles), I was slightly pleased to find a gas station that's charging $2.77/gal.
Still the average in my area is $2.90 to $2.95 with some stations charging as much as $3.10.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:38 AM »

Having done quite a bit of driving these past few days (to Newport and back home 3 times, a total of over 600 miles), I was slightly pleased to find a gas station that's charging $2.77/gal.
Still the average in my area is $2.90 to $2.95 with some stations charging as much as $3.10.

Just recently our prices fell to around $2.70 for about a week and then up above $3.00 and now they are back to around $2.95!   The one week sure was nice!

Offline Jackie Stephens

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 04:58:39 PM »
I don't drive yet!!! until this year so don't have to worry about it.
I am the Roger Federer of Tennis...

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2007, 08:10:47 AM »

Just recently our prices fell to around $2.70 for about a week and then up above $3.00 and now they are back to around $2.95!   The one week sure was nice!

I passed my normal gas station and it was $2.89 last night and today.  That isn't horrible but it could be better.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2007, 03:22:46 PM »
The average here is $2.89. The highest I've seen in a while was $2.94, but it was $2.77 less than one block away.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:09 PM »
A quick funny story:   I was filling the wifey's truck recently and used credit card at the pump.  It got up to $75 and the pump shut off.  I had to go through the whole credit card entry process again just to fill her truck (another $15 or something)!  :(   I guess those pumps have some automatic shut-off at $75 for some reason!   Ouch!   :-o

Wow - $90 to fill up?  What does she drive, an 18-wheeler?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
Quote from: "Dallas"
A quick funny story:   I was filling the wifey's truck recently and used credit card at the pump.  It got up to $75 and the pump shut off.  I had to go through the whole credit card entry process again just to fill her truck (another $15 or something)!  :(   I guess those pumps have some automatic shut-off at $75 for some reason!   Ouch!   :-o

Well, if she's a serious horse person she's got at least a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup with pulling options for a horse trailer and duel gas tanks for those long trips. At least that's what my mom (who is also a horse nut) has.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Richard

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:05 PM »
$2.69/gal. is the cheapest in Tucson...

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »
Quote from: "Dallas"

Well, if she's a serious horse person she's got at least a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup with pulling options for a horse trailer and duel gas tanks for those long trips. At least that's what my mom (who is also a horse nut) has.

It is a fairly simple Chevy Silverado 2500 4-wheel drive.  One gas tank but clearly a big one!   :(

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:04 AM »
Just filled up this morning for $2.85 and was pleased with the 4 cent drop from a couple days back!   :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »
$2.58 is the lowest I've seen at four gas stations this morning. I almost filled up fpr $20!!!  :lmao: