Poll

Who will win a slam next, other than Federer or Nadal?

Roddick
1 (7.7%)
Djokovic
11 (84.6%)
Murray
0 (0%)
Gonzalez
0 (0%)
Davydenko
1 (7.7%)
Other (Please State)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 31, 2007, 03:29:26 PM

Author Topic: Who will win a slam next, other than Federer or Nadal?  (Read 9892 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 07:44:14 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "kittens25"
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"

And, what about Dr. Ivo?    You gonna stick a fork in him also?  Or, I guess you would say he had a fork in him when he showed up on tour.   :)~

I dont stick a fork in his career for a long time.  He will continue having good success on the ATP tour with good results, and being a very dangerous player based on his incredible serve.    On the other hand I stuck a fork in him winning a grand slam the first time I saw him play.   Players with incredible serves, and almost no other redeeming qualities, and the return of serve and ground game of a park tournament regular, will never win a grand slam.   That does not mean he wont continue to play on tour with good success, and being happy doing so for awhile.   He just wont ever go all the way at a big tournament is all.
Ivo's got one other problem. He's got gimpy knees. If he has any success at all (unless maybe on clay) he ends up having to take time off to recover from some knee issue. It's something that will only get worse.

I hadn't heard about the knee issue.  I think Ivo has taken great strides with his groundies and return at least it looked like he had against Blake and Bjorkman.  I suppose he would play tight mentally if he ever got to the quarters or semis of a GS, but he is not just all serve anymore!   ;-()

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 02:32:35 AM »
Good to see someone's got Roddick and someone Davydenko. Larger range now. Hardly...