Author Topic: Molla Mallorey's U.S open record, strange holder of it!  (Read 961 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Molla Mallorey's U.S open record, strange holder of it!
« on: February 19, 2005, 06:11:56 PM »
Even though I am not a big Serena fan there is one reason I would not have minded her tieing or breaking, and that is Molla Mallorey's U.S open record.    Molla has won 8 U.S opens, I would not have minded Serena winning 8 or 9 to tie or break that record.   I just dont feel Molla, while a great player no doubt, is worthy of such a prestigous record.   Nobody would put her close to the top ten players all time, and Lenglen, except for the match she was sick, regularly made chopped stew of her throughout their careers.   Wills in her second year on tour(23)started doing the same.   I only pick Serena since she is the only one who could possably dominate the U.S open enough to tie or break that record.    Likely though by blowing opportunities in 2001 and last year, her chance at the record is passed.    Still would have been interesting though.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 09:31:40 PM »
When did MM make that record?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 10:27:04 AM »
She completed it between 1915 and 1926.    Her most famous win was over a sick Lenglen who had to withdraw, although some say it was a faking on the very proud Lenglen's part.