Author Topic: Ana Ivanovic's Forehand - Skelital Analysis  (Read 2511 times)

Offline sweet_thing

• Tennis Player
Ana Ivanovic's Forehand - Skelital Analysis
« on: June 11, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »
Check out this Video, this is an incredible look at the skeleton of Ana as she hits a forehand, also has Analysis of her Forehand.

It is a video Analysis of her forehand, a 3 D look from all angles.

http://www.tennisclip.com/media/106/Ana_Ivanovic__Skeletal_Analysis__Forehand/

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »
This is really cool, thanks for posting it!   :)      BTW, Ana's skeleton is hawt!   ..-)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
This is really cool, thanks for posting it!   :)     BTW, Ana's skeleton is hawt!   ..-)

Beat me to it! We finally get an inside peek at the beautiful Icanovic.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:09:49 PM »
I have to bring a little disagreement to the proceedings here. (sorry :Blush: )
I'd say it's what's on the bones, not the actual bones (nice as they are) that is the attraction for me. But I tend to be a little different.
A wonderful video analysis though. Very thorough. It's along the same lines, but more in depth as the stick figure tennis tips I put up. A stick figure, or in this case a skeleton shows a lot more of the inner workings of the stroke.
They've done a much better job of presentation as well as just using the skeleton to show as much about what makes the shot as possible. I used a stick figure to illustrate a small aspect of a shot.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 08:44:47 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
I'd say it's what's on the bones, not the actual bones (nice as they are) that is the attraction for me. But I tend to be a little different.
A wonderful video analysis though. Very thorough. It's along the same lines, but more in depth as the stick figure tennis tips I put up. A stick figure, or in this case a skeleton shows a lot more of the inner workings of the stroke.
They've done a much better job of presentation as well as just using the skeleton to show as much about what makes the shot as possible. I used a stick figure to illustrate a small aspect of a shot.

IDK, if her bones didn't look as good as they do, then she wouldn't look as good on the outside as she does!   ;-()  ..-)    I did think of your motion analyses when I saw these.  I love the slo-mo stuff and the tracing line of the head of the racquet and center of gravity was pretty sweet!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 09:03:44 AM »

IDK, if her bones didn't look as good as they do, then she wouldn't look as good on the outside as she does!   ;-()  ..-)    I did think of your motion analyses when I saw these.  I love the slo-mo stuff and the tracing line of the head of the racquet and center of gravity was pretty sweet!

The center of gravity was very interesting, but wasn't that a BIG weird looking racquet?
Maybe it's a racquet's skeleton. But it that's the case then how does a square skeleton become a round racquet? :))

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »

The center of gravity was very interesting, but wasn't that a BIG weird looking racquet?
Maybe it's a racquet's skeleton. But it that's the case then how does a square skeleton become a round racquet? :))

Indeed!  And, good question.  I guess thats where I wonder how good the motion analysis is if it is somewhat not the real thing.............the racquet, the bones????????   I guess my favorite is the real thing in slow motion so you can really see and analze things clearly.   ;-()