Author Topic: Sampras vs Korda - Senior tour - Entire Match  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Tennis Videos

• Tennis Enthusiast

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Sampras vs Korda - Senior tour - Entire Match
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:46:45 PM »
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;
First, what's the proper aspect ratio of this. My VLC set it to 16:9, but I don't think that's right.
Second, did you record any of the other matches at the Boston championship. I was at a few of the matches and was looking for the Friday afternoon matches (I think it was Ferrero/Martin and Cash/Courier). I am really hoping to get some video of that. Cash was hilarious in that match. Also, we didn't get to see the Courier/McEnroe early match here in Boston, and I'm looking for that as well.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »
Also, it's nice that you give two options to download. Normally, you have to wait an hour after you download a set.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Also, it's nice that you give two options to download. Normally, you have to wait an hour after you download a set.

think about how much longer it would have taken him, thats a lot of work. well for the comptuer.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
Quote from: "pawan89"

think about how much longer it would have taken him, thats a lot of work. well for the comptuer.

Yeah, a lot of video work is set up the video and start it encoding.
For instance for a 2 set match it takes about a half hour to edit out all the comercials and set up the video that will be around an hour and half long. Then it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to save it as an uncompressed Avi (to have one video that doesn't lose too much information) which ends up being about 20 gig. Then I compress that to around 7 or 8 hundred meg with a divx encoder. That takes about 2 or 3 hours. I'm not sure about that because I set up about a few of them and run them while I'm sleeping or at work. Needless to say, this French Open TTC coverage has had my computer putting the hours in. It's been working HARD!

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis Videos

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 07:05:11 AM »
I do not make the videos, I just find them and post them.  I let others do all of the hard work.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 08:25:19 AM »
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;
First, what's the proper aspect ratio of this. My VLC set it to 16:9, but I don't think that's right.
Second, did you record any of the other matches at the Boston championship. I was at a few of the matches and was looking for the Friday afternoon matches (I think it was Ferrero/Martin and Cash/Courier). I am really hoping to get some video of that. Cash was hilarious in that match. Also, we didn't get to see the Courier/McEnroe early match here in Boston, and I'm looking for that as well.

Who is this Ferrero?   I hope I am not kicking myself after you tell me!?   ||-|

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:13:59 AM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;

Who is this Ferrero?   I hope I am not kicking myself after you tell me!?   ||-|

I should be kicking myself. It's Ferrera as in Wayne Ferrera. :head-smack:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;

Buckeye shows off his encyclopedic knowledge of tennis players.  Yeah, I did mean that as a sincere compliment, I'm impressed :)
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »
Quote from: "FreeBird"
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;

Buckeye shows off his encyclopedic knowledge of tennis players.  Yeah, I did mean that as a sincere compliment, I'm impressed :)

Thanks for the clarification Dmast and just to be more correct, I am quite sure there is an "i" in his last name somewhere.   ;-()

Compliments from Bird, are you feeling okay today?   A nice change I must say!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:23 PM »
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;

Thanks for the clarification Dmast and just to be more correct, I am quite sure there is an "i" in his last name somewhere.   ;-()

Yeah, I think there is an "i" as well. Ferreira?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »
Quote from: "murrayfan11"
Nice video. Thanks
A couple questions;

Yeah, I think there is an "i" as well. Ferreira?

I was thinking maybe even 2 "i"'s but no you got it!  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Ferreira