Poll

What do you wear cotton, or dri fit.

Cotton
2 (22.2%)
Dri-fit
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 15, 2007, 03:41:35 PM

Author Topic: Cotton or Dri-Fit  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« on: June 15, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »
Just wondering how many people actually use Dri fit cloths.  I only just recently discovered them, and like the polyester much better because of how the sweat drys faster.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »
Are you serious, dri-fit type materials are the only way for me ever since I started using them!  There not like all that much better but I still definitely prefer them!  I sweat ridiculously though!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »
I've got more cotton tops, but when I wear my dry-fits when I can.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
Love my dri-fit. I troll around sports shops looking for deals on dri-fit shirts. I prefer to pay $20-$30 rather than $50.
I've got enough now where I don't need to bother with t-shirts or cotton.  :H

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 04:52:52 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Love my dri-fit. I troll around sports shops looking for deals on dri-fit shirts. I prefer to pay $20-$30 rather than $50.
I've got enough now where I don't need to bother with t-shirts or cotton.  :H

I agree, I have payed right around $25 for my dri-fit shirts.   ;-()

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »
Well, as anyone knows that has played tennis with me more than once...

I have about 20 (literally) gray shirts that my mom has always bought me and I love them for tennis.  They are "Jerzees" brand and I love em.  They are something like $5 or $6 at some shop in my mom's town.  If I am on the tennis court and wearing a shirt that is not a plain gray t-shirt it is because the club I am playing at requires different attire.  I am cotton all the way.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 01:21:37 AM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

I have about 20 (literally) gray shirts that my mom has always bought me and I love them for tennis.  They are "Jerzees" brand and I love em.  They are something like $5 or $6 at some shop in my mom's town.  If I am on the tennis court and wearing a shirt that is not a plain gray t-shirt it is because the club I am playing at requires different attire.  I am cotton all the way.

Same here, shamelessly because I'm cheap.  Between tennis t-shirts (given out at tournaments, etc) and freebies that my wife gets from work (she works for a fashion retailer), I have a ton of cotton t-shirts.  I can always find something better to spend my money on than clothes.  Though I have to say that I find the idea of the dri fit stuff appealing, maybe someday I'll try it.
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 01:33:40 AM »
i have a crapload of cotton t's also, most of them given to me for various reasons.  i also have many many polyester shirts (a couple fila ones from work, a babolat shirt that a rep gave me, and other cheaper stuff i bought).  i prefer polyester to cotton but also i can't stand wearing collars.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 04:31:05 AM »
Yeah, I'm with dri-fit.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 09:58:44 AM »

You should try it at least once.  Everyone who has tried has switched.  ;)

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »
Yeah, ofcourse, dry fits are awesome.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »
Welcome back Victor. Some people were thinking you'd left the forums.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »
Quote from: "Victor"

Why were you gone so long?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 01:46:22 PM »
Quote from: "#1federerfan"

5 days might be a long time off for some of the more obsessive posters, like you and I, but not for the a lot of the posters on here.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 01:59:16 PM »
Quote from: "FreeBird"

Same here, shamelessly because I'm cheap.  Between tennis t-shirts (given out at tournaments, etc) and freebies that my wife gets from work (she works for a fashion retailer), I have a ton of cotton t-shirts.  I can always find something better to spend my money on than clothes.  Though I have to say that I find the idea of the dri fit stuff appealing, maybe someday I'll try it.

You got it! I have played with dri-fit but I could really care less for the difference.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 10:44:03 PM »
Quote from: "FreeBird"

You posted at 2:21am!?   :;:-|     I was logging off late last night and noticed you logged on.  I was on here after going out to the bar, what were you doing on here so late.....uh so early??   ||-|

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 03:11:11 AM »
Quote from: "kickserve"

5 days might be a long time off for some of the more obsessive posters, like you and I, but not for the a lot of the posters on here.

I had some problems with my internet, its fixed now  :)
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Cotton or Dri-Fit
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 06:35:44 AM »
Quote from: "kickserve"

I had some problems with my internet, its fixed now  :)

Ah, I see.  Internet problems suck.  When I worked from home and the internet was down I was basically shut off from the outside world.  Luckily I kept the work server in my house so I was fine to keep working with ease, but the others could not connect to the server.  Now we are in an office and the internet hasn't really been down in the year and a half that we have been there.  It would suck if it was though.  Good to see you back!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com