Author Topic: Venus claims to be injuried  (Read 795 times)

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
Venus claims to be injuried
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:49:07 AM »
'I'll keep coming back until I have that racket'

Venus Williams was a bit down as she knew she was very close at taking the racket home. 'I'll be coming back until I have that racket."

"The Diamond Games are a great tournament. I have met a couple of nice people here and I like to come back to Antwerpen. I'll be coming back until I have that racket. I don't value material things that much," she said smiling. Yet, I was so close. Above all, I'm very happy with the level of tennis I was playing this week.

Williams could see two reasons for losing against Mauresmo. She had had two matches late in the evening (against Clijsters on Friday and against Myskina on Saturday), and she didn't fel fully recovered and rested. The American also had some difficulty with her belly, which is why her service was much less powerful. '"Yes, my belly was hindering me, just like 2 years ago (when she was out for 6 months, ed), but it feels different now. I hope a couple of days of rest will do."

I really hope that she isn't injuried-- shes just starting to play well since her last injury where she was out 6 months

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 12:29:41 PM »
I agre she's finally starting to play like she did back in 2003 when she basically dominant aside from Serena. I hope she isn't injured -- I hope she gets better.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »
She is starting to play like she did in 2003 when she was dominating everybody but Serena?    Three sets with Myskina, who only is a real threat to top players on clay, and a loss to the overrated Mauresmo in the final.   Interesting concept to say the least.   I thought after I heard the score of her match with Clijsters she might be playing that much better again, but now I would conclude it was just that Clijsters was very rusty in her first return tournament.