Author Topic: Highlights: Roddick vs Mahut - 2007 Queens  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Tennis Videos

• Tennis Enthusiast
Highlights: Roddick vs Mahut - 2007 Queens
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:17:20 PM »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »
I loved Mahut's diving point near the end of the match. Shame he lost.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:26:35 PM »
You almost don't know what to think anymore. This guy played wonderfully, and I am not just saying for this match, but there's no reason he should be below the top20 and yet he has to qualify for Wimbledon?

I'll say one thing though, his net coverage was amazing but do you think it would have been just as good if he was playing someone who can play off the baseline like Federer or Nadal or Djokovic etc? I don't even know if its amazing, just the highlights showed amazing net coverage, I want to find statistics for this match.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:33:22 AM »
Quote from: "pawan89"
You almost don't know what to think anymore. This guy played wonderfully, and I am not just saying for this match, but there's no reason he should be below the top20 and yet he has to qualify for Wimbledon?

I'll say one thing though, his net coverage was amazing but do you think it would have been just as good if he was playing someone who can play off the baseline like Federer or Nadal or Djokovic etc? I don't even know if its amazing, just the highlights showed amazing net coverage, I want to find statistics for this match.
Contrast this match with his performance in the French against Gasquet, and you'll see why he is such a dissapointing player. He blows hot and cold. Pretty much put up no effort against Gasquet at a grand slam, and then lays it all on the line at Queens, a much lesser tournament.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 07:32:45 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "pawan89"

Contrast this match with his performance in the French against Gasquet, and you'll see why he is such a dissapointing player. He blows hot and cold. Pretty much put up no effort against Gasquet at a grand slam, and then lays it all on the line at Queens, a much lesser tournament.

Clay doesn't suit his game and grass does moreso.  Plus, he proly doesn't see himself as a GS winner right now so isn't GS hunting like Fed and Nadal are.   He needs to get himself more points so he can get himself into better position to take out some bigger players.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 01:13:54 AM »
I wish I'd been able to see that match, it sounded brilliant.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:41:45 AM »
Quote from: "kickserve"
I wish I'd been able to see that match, it sounded brilliant.

Believe me kickserve, you've no idea of what you missed.