Instructional Tennis > Tennis Equipment & Apparel

Tennis Balls

(1/5) > >>

Bundey:
Yesterday when I was buying some tennis balls I noticed that some where specially made for hard courts and others for clay.  The hard court balls said "extra duty felt for hard courts"  I was just wondering if there are any other differences than the felt.

Murrayfan11:

--- Quote from: "#1federerfan" ---Yesterday when I was buying some tennis balls I noticed that some where specially made for hard courts and others for clay.  The hard court balls said "extra duty felt for hard courts"  I was just wondering if there are any other differences than the felt.
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I wonder what surface my balls are made for (don't take that the wrong way.)

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: "#1federerfan" ---Yesterday when I was buying some tennis balls I noticed that some where specially made for hard courts and others for clay.  The hard court balls said "extra duty felt for hard courts"  I was just wondering if there are any other differences than the felt.
--- End quote ---

I don't know how many people realize this, but the WTA and ATP use different balls. The emergence of the power game in women's tennis has as much to do with the ball as racquet technology. The WTA balls compress less than the ATP balls, thus increasing the amount of pace. It's really transformed the women's game--if we go by "status"--for the better.

Bundey:

--- Quote from: "Babblelot" ---
--- End quote ---

I don't know how many people realize this, but the WTA and ATP use different balls. The emergence of the power game in women's tennis has as much to do with the ball as racquet technology. The WTA balls compress less than the ATP balls, thus increasing the amount of pace. It's really transformed the women's game--if we go by "status"--for the better.
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't less pressure make it slower.  ;-()  Also thanks for that fun fact but do you have an answer for my question?  ||-|

Bundey:

--- Quote from: "murrayfan11" ---
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I wonder what surface my balls are made for (don't take that the wrong way.)
--- End quote ---

What do you play on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version