Poll

Which worldwide sport other than tennis is your favourite.

Football
4 (33.3%)
Rugby
1 (8.3%)
Cricket
3 (25%)
Golf
2 (16.7%)
Athletics (Track and Field)
2 (16.7%)
Motorsport
0 (0%)
Snooker
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 29, 2007, 01:29:54 AM

Author Topic: Favourite proper sport besides tennis  (Read 6197 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Favourite proper sport besides tennis
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "kickserve"
Quote from: "Dallas"
Quote from: "sid"
Anyway here is one fact for you Football or soccer as you call it,is the most viewed sport in the world.I just dont understand people from the United States not enjoying soccer for the great game it is.You should go to a game of soccer & watch,then here 80,000 fans chanting.Then if you dont like fair enough,my guess is you dont understand soccer.Iv never seen NFL Football live,but if i ever come to the United States its a must see for me.
sid :)

I've never gotten into Soccer because in the USA it is not featured as one of the premeire sports.  I know it's big all over the rest of the world - but I have no interest in it.   Maybe if they featured it more in the States, or if I had someone I could 'relate' to as far as a great player that I could just follow, who knows.  Right now - I don't even watch it.! :))

Believe me: it's far more exciting than the American version, in which (correct me if I'm wrong) foot and ball seldom connect.

American football is more an extention of rugy, or Australian rules football. There is kicking but it's just kickoffs, punting, and kicking field goals. Also the odd free kick which is rugby like.
As for soccer being the most popular sport in the world, that's pretty clear. No reasonalble American would dispute with that fact. There are 300 million people in the US. There are 6 billion people in the world. China and India are over 1 billion a piece. The numbers pretty much make it a foregone conclusion.

From waht I know about it, American Football is very similar rugby without the forward pass or offside rules, and different scoring. Maybe they should rename it 'American Rugby'.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Favourite proper sport besides tennis
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 10:38:01 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "Dallas"
Quote from: "sid"
Anyway here is one fact for you Football or soccer as you call it,is the most viewed sport in the world.I just dont understand people from the United States not enjoying soccer for the great game it is.You should go to a game of soccer & watch,then here 80,000 fans chanting.Then if you dont like fair enough,my guess is you dont understand soccer.Iv never seen NFL Football live,but if i ever come to the United States its a must see for me.
sid :)

I've never gotten into Soccer because in the USA it is not featured as one of the premeire sports.  I know it's big all over the rest of the world - but I have no interest in it.   Maybe if they featured it more in the States, or if I had someone I could 'relate' to as far as a great player that I could just follow, who knows.  Right now - I don't even watch it.! :))

Believe me: it's far more exciting than the American version, in which (correct me if I'm wrong) foot and ball seldom connect.

American football is more an extention of rugy, or Australian rules football. There is kicking but it's just kickoffs, punting, and kicking field goals. Also the odd free kick which is rugby like.
As for soccer being the most popular sport in the world, that's pretty clear. No reasonalble American would dispute with that fact. There are 300 million people in the US. There are 6 billion people in the world. China and India are over 1 billion a piece. The numbers pretty much make it a foregone conclusion.

From waht I know about it, American Football is very similar rugby without the forward pass or offside rules, and different scoring. Maybe they should rename it 'American Rugby'.

Yeah, but they're not gonna change their mind after so long now, are they?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Favourite proper sport besides tennis
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
Women's Artistic Gymnastics:
imho nothing beats in Olympics Games the drama in the Classic Showdown: Russia vs Roumania!!!!!!!!!
great rivalry!!!

last true legend, sadly forgotten in Atlanta, LILIA PODKPAYEVA!!!!!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkj5eiUm_jo[/youtube]

SVETLANA KHORKINA, last unforgettable russian!!!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=YHU-la8TnIg[/youtube]

SVETLANA BOGINSKAYA, "Goddess of Gymnastics"
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=rlD5-lMKvoE[/youtube]

LAVINIA MILOSOVOCI, last one to score a 10!!!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4MXRZi1fc&feature=related[/youtube]

ANDREA RADUCAN, simply amazing!!!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Td0TpYazGsA[/youtube]
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.