Author Topic: 2 rackets in high school/USTA tennis?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
2 rackets in high school/USTA tennis?
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:59 AM »
Quote from: "pawan89"

So I have two racquets now, both different enough that an immediate switch will result in poor gameplay but similar enough that a set or two and I am comfortable with either. But its been a long time goal of mine to switch to a different racquet, something a bit heavier, something that's headlight, a slightly smaller head size.. basically I have been looking at the nsix-one95 for a long time now and I want to get it or something like that. So what do you guys suggest I do? Cuz then I'll have three different racquets. I have played with a racquet similar to the wilson nsix-one95  and I do think that it really does help my game a lot and with some getting used to and playing with it, I can play much sharper. Only the serve speed might go down a bit but I can make up for that with a better serve no problem.

So any suggestions? Also keep in mind I am not too keen on spending 200$ on two racquets and letting the two I have now sit aside cuz.. I don't know. I'd like to buy one play with it and then buy a second of the same one.. I guess I should do that then. That'd be my suggestion to myself in any case..

I'd suggest demoing the kind of racquet you are thinking of.
Failing that, you can try adding some lead tape to the handle to increase the overall weight and make the racquet headlight. My Volkl is about 32.25 cm headlight, but with 20 grams of lead tape in the handle it's at 30.5cm. It's actually pretty close to the nSix, but more head light.
The n6-1 is kind of last year's model. It's been replaced by the KFactor frames. This means the price for that model will drop over the next year or two. I wouldn't say the KFactor is that much of an improvement over the nSix, so with patience you could probably get one soon.
You should really stick with one frame, of one type. In the end you will be more consistant with your game. You should find something you are comfortable with and get grooved with it. Yes different frames can give you different advantages in different situations, but in the end consistancy is more important. I doubt you will find any pro who has any racquet but his match racquet in his bag. They will add or lessen tension based on court, or weather, or altitude, but they will all be the same model (customized to exacting measurments). They will try different frames, and different things, and grow over time, but when they play a match or a tournament I doubt they will monkey much with the specs.
Someone over on the TW forums took a visit to RPNY tennis in New York where Andre Agassi had/has his racquets prepared. They posted pictures of a wall that was cubed, and had cube after cube of Agassi's frames. Each identical with the other. Then there were a couple cubes that had some experimental models. But I would guess most of the 30 or 40 frames were custumized to the exact same specifications.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline TrueFX

• Tennis Player
2 rackets in high school/USTA tennis?
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 01:19:10 PM »
I will agree with everyone here, you definately need 2 rackets.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  I had a string bust on me in a tournament.  Fortunately the opposing team was nice enough to let me borrow one from a friend.  I had a different racket with a 4 3/8 handle.  No way to adjust quickly enough to win the match.  I suggest you get 2 of the same racket.  Well worth the investment!

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
Re: 2 rackets in high school/USTA tennis?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 02:40:55 AM »
You should probably just buy two of the 95 and sell your other two racquets used to make back the money you spent on one of the 95's.  That way you have two of the same racquet, and it's like you only paid for one.
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------