Author Topic: Go Danka!  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Go Danka!
« on: February 23, 2005, 03:04:02 PM »
Awesome win! Daniela d. Bovina 6-0 3-6 6-3!!!! Thats great. And now her draw is open because of Myskinas loss. She may play Sharapova in the semis. And Danka has the game but not the confidence. Thats one of the things that makes Masha. She has a good all around game not one huge weapon that sticks out but she is very tough and confident. Danka isnt so confident. Im pulling for her!  :winner:
Its all good...

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Go Danka!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:31:17 PM »
I'm pulling for Hantuchova too -- a little bit because Sharapova's sportsmanship jsut turns me off from her (dont have a cow, ChrisTaylor -- I'm just stating my opionion  ;-() )) But also because I am so glad for Hantuchova to be healthy again after dealing w. her eating disordre and I wanna see her have success even after recovering from her problems.

Go Hantuchova.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Go Danka!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 03:31:41 PM »
I am nto even sure who Danka is, but since you are rooting for her, I am rooting for her. : )

Edit - I just saw the above post, we must have been posting at the same time.  I know who Danka is now.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Go Danka!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 04:19:05 PM »
LOL Danka is short for Daniela, i believe its Slovakian. Im not sure Its kind of like Masha for Maria. But Mashas sportsmanship and gamesmanship is rather perturbing. Im not a fan of hers at all (no offense to her fans im sure youre all lovely people) but i really cant stand her.

And im thrilled to see Danka back. She is awesome!
Its all good...

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Go Danka!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 01:02:46 AM »
well i am obviously desperate for Maria to come through this tournament, i think she must be the favourite to win this tournament. i have been a huge fan of Maria since she was 15 and her sportsmanship isn't anything like you are making it out- fair enough its your opinion but i just think Maria goes about her tennis in the correct mannor to challenge for every single tournament she enters. i knew when i first saw her at 15 years of age she had enormous talent and self- belief- i had a really good feeling that she would be a fantastic champion. :H  :uh:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
Go Danka!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 02:12:46 AM »
This is slightly off topic, but can I say how much I can't stand these abbreviated/unbecoming names for female players? Nastya? Masha? All I can think of is NASTY and MASHED POTATOES. Can't stand it. [/rant]

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
Go Danka!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 10:42:18 AM »
And . . .

Momo for Mauresmo
Juju for Justine Henin
Vee for Venus
Jencap for J. Capriati
K-Lina for Karolina Sprem

Yeah, it is a bit annoying.

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Go Danka!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 02:10:09 PM »
Yes! She beat Conchita! 6-4 6-1!!!!!! Now shes just gotta beat Maria and either Amelie or Maria K!!! (i hope Maria K trounces Amelie, i mean absolutely murders her)
Its all good...

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
Go Danka!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 03:01:05 PM »
i really want Dani to win, she hasn't played this well in a LOOOOOONG time, and she is doing so well.

Come on DANI win and get back into the TOP 10 where u belong

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Go Danka!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 03:11:25 PM »
COME ON MARIA WIN THIS ONE, I HAVE BEEN A MASSIVE FAN OF YOURS SINCE YOU WERE 15 AND I ALWAYS WILL. LETS GET THE 9TH TITLE OF YOUR CAREER AND GET EVEN CLOSER TO THE WORLD NUMBER 1 RANKING! :H
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
Go Danka!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »
here are photos

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline cakes

• Tennis Addict
Go Danka!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 04:03:25 PM »
It's great to see that Daniella has put some weight on.  I saw her at La Costa and she was so totally skin and bones!  Looks like she has overcome her eating disorder.  Good for her!

cakes

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Go Danka!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 04:19:37 PM »
Indeed.  She looked pretty bad off for a while.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Go Danka!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 01:43:41 PM »
She just beat Molik! 7-6 6-2! Awesome! But she has a really tough draw.
1 rd Molik (which she beat!)
2 rd Likhotseva
3 rd Serena
possibly Myskina or Lindsay in the finals if she gets there (fingers crossed) Jankovic and Mirza are also in her draw!

But both Serena and Molik in her draw! One down. I hope she beats up on Likhotseva too.
Its all good...

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Go Danka!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 04:50:38 PM »
Wow...what a gr8 win for Hantuchova. Maybe she finally is starting to get back to her old game. Like I said, I'd like to se eher do better. Good luck to her.

Offline healey1101

• Tennis Player
Go Danka!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 02:44:54 PM »
I would love to see Daniela get back to her old form so we could see some of her matches televised. Shes not bad to look at (haha) and she has some of the smoothest, best looking strokes out there.

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
Go Danka!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 03:43:01 PM »
I am glad to see her back, as well.  I always like her 'smooth' deep forehands that usually hit the lines.  How can anyone forget that Indian Wells win over Hingis a few years back.  Does anyone know if she is back with Nigel Sears?

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Go Danka!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 05:28:37 PM »
When did she leave Nigel? He is still her coach and has been i thought throughout 04 at least. i thought.
I hope she pulld the upset tomorrow...knock on wood...
Its all good...