Author Topic: Tommy Robredo poses nude in Cosmopolitan UK  (Read 4319 times)

Offline mikehayes19

• Tennis Player
Tommy Robredo poses nude in Cosmopolitan UK
« on: July 12, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Check out this picture of Tommy Robredofrom
Cosmopolitan UK. He posed to benefit the Everyman
Foundation. Posted courtesy of the ATP Tour.

Here you go:http://tinyurl.com/2yzhqq. Let me know what you think.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
I think this was already posted on this site.  

Welcome to the forums!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »
Yeah, this has been posted before, and I don't like it. Anyway, welcome to the forums, get stuck in elsewhere!

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:21:52 PM »
Atleast this is for a good purpose.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:26:40 PM »
Quote from: "Victor"
Atleast this is for a good purpose.

There are better ways......
This was posted in a couple different threads. It needs to just go away. ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Arc

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
if i were still an admin i'd probably delete this.

wtf robredo. no one cares about you, even if you're naked.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »
Hard to know it was posted before since we already have kicked that thread to page 8 or something with all of our mad posting.  Thanks for sharing though mikehayes19!!!

And indeed, welcome to the forums!

If you want to hunt down the other thread and see what people thought here is the link:  http://tennis4you.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6692&highlight=osu

Enjoy!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:35:05 PM »
what a disgusting pose. Just horrible.

Welcome to the forums though.

Did anybody else thought that Jamesdster's old avatar and Robredo's nude pic has some resemblance?   :))

PS. I like your new avatar much better Jamesdster  :H

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »
Ok honestly you all need to stop such a big deal out of this. I doubt many of us, literally nobodies compared to Robredo, would do such a thing even if it was for a good cause - just imagine how much courage Robredo has to do something like this he knows he'll be ridiculed for? Its the intention and purpose thats important, not the fact that he's nude. don't look at the picture if you don't like but don't make fun of his cause. Of course it would have been a lot better if  he had clothes on.. I have no idea what the difference in clothing would make for the Everyman Foundation but that decision is not ours to make and its already made and has happened. Now if they had someone on the WTA tour pull this stunt - in the same pose that Robredo's in.. that'd be a real charitable thing now of that WTA player wouldn't it.. :))

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:11:33 PM »
Quote from: "pawan89"
Ok honestly you all need to stop such a big deal out of this. I doubt many of us, literally nobodies compared to Robredo, would do such a thing even if it was for a good cause - just imagine how much courage Robredo has to do something like this he knows he'll be ridiculed for? Its the intention and purpose thats important, not the fact that he's nude. don't look at the picture if you don't like but don't make fun of his cause. Of course it would have been a lot better if  he had clothes on.. I have no idea what the difference in clothing would make for the Everyman Foundation but that decision is not ours to make and its already made and has happened. Now if they had someone on the WTA tour pull this stunt - in the same pose that Robredo's in.. that'd be a real charitable thing now of that WTA player wouldn't it.. :))

Yeah, that would be great.  I would say : Sharapova, Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Kirilenko, Kournikova would be some good choices.   :)

On the other hand, the very thought of Henin, Mauresmo.... Oh boy, doesnt sound good. I hope it never happens.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 11:39:30 PM »

Courage, yes. More courage than brains.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »

Well said Pawan!  I agree completely.  And, good courage on your part, since people could ridicule you for backing Robredo here.

Offline GRETZKYANDGRAF

• Tennis Enthusiast
Nothing's Showing
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »
It's a naked photo, but you can't see anything.  It's not like his privates are showing.  

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Nothing's Showing
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 09:16:03 AM »
Quote from: "GRETZKYANDGRAF"
It's a naked photo, but you can't see anything.  It's not like his privates are showing.  

Why does his ..................uh..........................racquet look so big?   :lmao:  :lmao:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: Nothing's Showing
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Quote from: "GRETZKYANDGRAF"

Why does his ..................uh..........................racquet look so big?   :lmao:  :lmao:

True...... Didn't notice that before!!!