Poll

How many square inches is your racquet head.

85-90
4 (22.2%)
91-95
4 (22.2%)
96-100
7 (38.9%)
101-105
2 (11.1%)
106-110
0 (0%)
111+
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: July 14, 2007, 05:50:24 PM

Author Topic: How big is your head size?  (Read 13376 times)

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
Re: How big is your head size?
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 12:58:25 AM »
85.  I use the Prostaff 6.0 85.  It the best racket for my game.  It very accurate and easy to play with. 

I heard rumors that Pete Sampass is testing the next generation of this racket which is going to be called KProstaff 88.  It is 88 square inches.  Don't know if it will be introduced here in the U.S. or in Australia first.  Since it is near holiday season; hope it will be here --- by end of November?

I cannot wait to get it since I am running low on the 85s.  I only have 5 left!  Start out with 24!  I will buy 2 and see how the  are before I load up again!  I just hope I can locate my friend that I purchase them through back in 1998 and find out if he is still in the racket business or I might have to end up paying retail for them all.    That would be strange to cough up all that money!  I might have to take a loan if I have to go retail! 

I wish I had connects to get them through Wilson direct!  That would be idea; like the tour players do!  They I can get them customized the way I want but I heard you need to have 60 done at a time.  But sure would do it! 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 01:02:49 AM by HarryWild »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 05:14:03 AM »
85.  I use the Prostaff 6.0 85.  It the best racket for my game.  It very accurate and easy to play with. 

I heard rumors that Pete Sampass is testing the next generation of this racket which is going to be called KProstaff 88.  It is 88 square inches.  Don't know if it will be introduced here in the U.S. or in Australia first.  Since it is near holiday season; hope it will be here --- by end of November?

I cannot wait to get it since I am running low on the 85s.  I only have 5 left!  Start out with 24!   I will buy 2 and see how the  are before I load up again!  I just hope I can locate my friend that I purchase them through back in 1998 and find out if he is still in the racket business or I might have to end up paying retail for them all.    That would be strange to cough up all that money!  I might have to take a loan if I have to go retail! 

I wish I had connects to get them through Wilson direct!  That would be idea; like the tour players do!  They I can get them customized the way I want but I heard you need to have 60 done at a time.  But sure would do it! 
:yikes: :shocking:
Holy Moly, that's alotta sticks!!! :))

What did you with the 19 PS 85's that you've already used?  Are they trashed?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 08:49:25 AM »
Welcome here HW!  What level do you play, if you don't mind my asking? 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 12:24:10 AM »

I cannot wait to get it since I am running low on the 85s.  I only have 5 left!  Start out with 24!   I will buy 2 and see how the  are before I load up again!  I just hope I can locate my friend that I purchase them through back in 1998 and find out if he is still in the racket business or I might have to end up paying retail for them all.    That would be strange to cough up all that money!  I might have to take a loan if I have to go retail! 

:yikes: :shocking:
Holy Moly, that's alotta sticks!!! :))

What did you with the 19 PS 85's that you've already used?  Are they trashed?

Well, most just got wore-out from hitting.  I either gave them away or sold them.   It just nice to have a new racket to play with from time to time too.  The graphics around the bean gets chipped off from the off hits and after a year or so; you just replace the two rackets with brand new rackets.  You get a certain "newness in one's game" and a kind of "high energy" from using the new rackets.  Plus, it gets expensive replacing grommets, leather handle -fairway grip is around $25.  I think the structure of the frame weakens from the hitting and so it is not as rigid and does not perform like as well any more too.

I love to be like a top tour player that can expend their rackets at well.  Smash them to the ground and just pick up a new one without any financial harm!  Marat Safin is the player that I love to watch.  Sometimes Roddick does it too!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »

Well, I really don't want to say but it over 5.0!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 05:40:06 AM »
I understand what you mean about the 'newness' factor.
I think a frame is only good for a finite number of hits just like strings.  It eventually wears out.

Seems funny to me that you are a racquet trasher/smasher and play at high level.   :Confused:
The current thinking is that's a waste of energy.  I've never agreed with that thinking, because we are all wired differently and different strokes (pun intended :)) work for different folks.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 08:12:54 AM »

Thats nuts..................it must mean you are in the amatuer ranks of tennis or at a solid college level? 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »

Nice!  And welcome to the forums!

If you ever get to try one of those "K" sticks that Sampras might demo let us know how it goes!!!  I wish I could say I was playing over 5.0!  I can say I am playing over 4.0 though.  :)~

Welcome to the forums!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com