Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

Monster

(1/246) > >>

monstertruck:
Well, here it is:

Level     4.0
Age       44
Height    6' 0"
Weight   270-290 depending on what I had for lunch! ;;)
Right-handed with one hand backhand.

Style of play-  Chameleon.  I will do whatever it takes to win.  Prefer to attack, but can counter-punch and retrieve all day when I'm at my fighting weight.

Strengths-  Problem-solving.  I will find your weakness and exploit it mercilessly.
                 Mental toughness.  You are not a charity and I will not donate points to your
                                             cause.  I will apply constant pressure every point of the
                                             match until I break you.
Weaknesses-  Overweight and sometimes over-zealous.  Working on the weight thingy,
                     the other part is a double-edged sword.
Favorite shot-  the "Monster Mash" of course! :yahoo:

Currently playing 2-3 times a week, usually singles and doubles in the same outing.
Looking to shed a few pounds and play in the local city tournament in mid-Sept. this year.

Have "coached" a few players and helped out with the local high school tennis teams.
Am considering (for the second time) getting USPTA certified over the coming winter, so that I can better share my love of the game with others.

Also working with a player looking to make the leap from 3.5 to 4.5 over the next 2 years.
Lesson every 2 weeks with drills at least once a week.  Hoping to help build another nice player for our upper level doubles group.

Wife is gone for 2 days, guess what I'll be doing?
Hit drills for 1.5 hours this a.m., then played a set with the "pupil".
Hoping to hit some hot dubs tonight.
Same plan for tomorrow a.m.
Hoping to hit some dubs tonight.

OSU Buckeye:
Sweet, the long-awaited arrival of your journal!   :uh:  :H      Are you jobless, or work at home, that you can play tennis as often as you seem to?    Keep us updated on happenings!   :)

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: "OSU Buckeye" ---Sweet, the long-awaited arrival of your journal!   :uh:  :H      Are you jobless, or work at home, that you can play tennis as often as you seem to?    Keep us updated on happenings!   :)
--- End quote ---

Self-employed with an understanding wife! ://

OSU Buckeye:

--- Quote from: "monstertruck" ---
--- Quote from: "OSU Buckeye" ---Sweet, the long-awaited arrival of your journal!   :uh:  :H      Are you jobless, or work at home, that you can play tennis as often as you seem to?    Keep us updated on happenings!   :)
--- End quote ---

Self-employed with an understanding wife! ://
--- End quote ---

Sweet, the bi-fecta!  I guess!?   ||-|

monstertruck:
Dubs didn't pan out so I hit singles with the rabbit, old man Dan for 2.5 hours.  He's 10 years older than I am and 10 times as fast!
Dropped 2 sets 6-4, 6-3 then won 3 out of 5 tie breakers.
No gas left in the tank at the start, feet were glued to the court.
My inside out forehand was the only shot that consistently won me points but it is oh so much work setting up for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version