Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

Monster

<< < (239/246) > >>

monstertruck:
After a family outing on Easter (yes it was chilly!), have finally returned to the courts in preparation for next weeks memorial charity tourney.  Got to play on Har Tru for the first time at a new private indoor facility 3 minutes from my house!!! :))  Partnered with my disciple Grasshopper to take out a pair of 4.0 wannabees with monster serves & FH's but little else to offer.  It was a pretty easy go of it for us as we communicated well, moved together and played high percentage tennis.  Was a bit tough being tight to the net and having some of those screaming FH's dipping with severe top, but we both managed well.  I struggled to return serve consistently as one feller has been clocked at over 110mph.  Problem is, he has no clue where it's going. :rofl_2:  I stuck with the kicker 90% of the time which allowed my fat ass to roll a few feet over the baseline before they returned.  Used the slice to keep 'em honest and was rewarded with 3 aces.  Not bad for a rusty ole fat fart with bum knees and a broken arm!!! :rofl_2:

Did I tell you how nice this court was? :king:

Lugburz:
keep it rolling MT  ;-()

Can't wait for summer tennis with pops.

Jamesdster:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on June 09, 2013, 02:17:55 PM ---After a family outing on Easter (yes it was chilly!), have finally returned to the courts in preparation for next weeks memorial charity tourney.  Got to play on Har Tru for the first time at a new private indoor facility 3 minutes from my house!!! :))  Partnered with my disciple Grasshopper to take out a pair of 4.0 wannabees with monster serves & FH's but little else to offer.  It was a pretty easy go of it for us as we communicated well, moved together and played high percentage tennis.  Was a bit tough being tight to the net and having some of those screaming FH's dipping with severe top, but we both managed well.  I struggled to return serve consistently as one feller has been clocked at over 110mph.  Problem is, he has no clue where it's going. :rofl_2:  I stuck with the kicker 90% of the time which allowed my fat ass to roll a few feet over the baseline before they returned.  Used the slice to keep 'em honest and was rewarded with 3 aces.  Not bad for a rusty ole fat fart with bum knees and a broken arm!!! :rofl_2:

--- End quote ---

Animal!

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: Jamesdster on June 09, 2013, 06:29:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: monstertruck on June 09, 2013, 02:17:55 PM ---After a family outing on Easter (yes it was chilly!), have finally returned to the courts in preparation for next weeks memorial charity tourney.  Got to play on Har Tru for the first time at a new private indoor facility 3 minutes from my house!!! :))  Partnered with my disciple Grasshopper to take out a pair of 4.0 wannabees with monster serves & FH's but little else to offer.  It was a pretty easy go of it for us as we communicated well, moved together and played high percentage tennis.  Was a bit tough being tight to the net and having some of those screaming FH's dipping with severe top, but we both managed well.  I struggled to return serve consistently as one feller has been clocked at over 110mph.  Problem is, he has no clue where it's going. :rofl_2:  I stuck with the kicker 90% of the time which allowed my fat ass to roll a few feet over the baseline before they returned.  Used the slice to keep 'em honest and was rewarded with 3 aces.  Not bad for a rusty ole fat fart with bum knees and a broken arm!!! :rofl_2:

--- End quote ---

Animal!

--- End quote ---
Indeed!
As much as I try to play nice, there's a hunger within like a starving wolverine.

The smile is the bait.

Jamesdster:
By the way, did you say INDOOR har tru cts???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version