Author Topic: Monster  (Read 109044 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Monster
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »
Treadmill  50min.  3.1miles  796calories  114 avg heart rate.
Whew, I'm starvin'! :))
Treadmill 77min.  4.25miles  1056cal  115avg hrt rate
I feel good!
Treadmill 40min. 2.4miles  672calories  132 avg hrt rt   freeweights!
Time for turkey and squash!
Treadmill 31min. 2.1miles  410cals  120 avg   freeweights!
No pain just walking!
Treadmill 21min.  1.2miles  119avg
Treadmill  42min.  2.5miles  550cals  118avg  freeweights
Treadmill  64min.  3.75miles  860 cals  115avg  560curls  350raises
Treadmill  62min.  3.9miles  1003cals  121avg
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #301 on: December 24, 2007, 10:26:21 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :-o   Say it aint so.................not to light beer!?   :rofl_2:
I know, the thought is almost to horrible to contemplate!
But that could save me over 3000 calories a week! :(

Well light beer is certainly better than no beer at all!  Where is Hercules.................he would be proud......I was drinking some good Scotch the other night with the Father-in-law and some uncles!   :king:     It was Scotch from Japan!?????????   :confused1:    It was like Yakazuma or some stuff!?   :confused1:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: December 24, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :-o   Say it aint so.................not to light beer!?   :rofl_2:

Well light beer is certainly better than no beer at all!  Where is Hercules.................he would be proud......I was drinking some good Scotch the other night with the Father-in-law and some uncles!   :king:     It was Scotch from Japan!?????????   :confused1:    It was like Yakazuma or some stuff!?   :confused1:
Scotch from Japan?  That's messed up dude! :Confused:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2007, 06:43:57 PM »

Lets see here:  I am confused on my liquors..........if my uncle had it right then there are Whiskies and Scotch is a whiskey that is made in Scotland.  Can anyone verify that?    What we were drinking was a whiskey that was bottled in Japan. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
Treadmill  50min.  3.1miles  796calories  114 avg heart rate.
Whew, I'm starvin'! :))
Treadmill 77min.  4.25miles  1056cal  115avg hrt rate
I feel good!
Treadmill 40min. 2.4miles  672calories  132 avg hrt rt   freeweights!
Time for turkey and squash!
Treadmill 31min. 2.1miles  410cals  120 avg   freeweights!
No pain just walking!
Treadmill 21min.  1.2miles  119avg
Treadmill  42min.  2.5miles  550cals  118avg  freeweights
Treadmill  64min.  3.75miles  860 cals  115avg  560curls  350raises
Treadmill  62min.  3.9miles  1003cals  121avg
Walk/Treadmill  93min  6.3miles  1385cals  125avg  no weights
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2007, 10:55:18 AM »

Lets see here:  I am confused on my liquors..........if my uncle had it right then there are Whiskies and Scotch is a whiskey that is made in Scotland.  Can anyone verify that?    What we were drinking was a whiskey that was bottled in Japan. 
Just took a quick peek at some Japanese whiskeys and it looks like there are definitely some worth trying.  Any recollection as to what you had OSB?  Did you like it?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »

Just took a quick peek at some Japanese whiskeys and it looks like there are definitely some worth trying.  Any recollection as to what you had OSB?  Did you like it?

It was good although not as smooth as some that I have had.  I thought it was Yakazuma or Yakazima or something close to that.............I would remember if you called it out. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2007, 01:29:46 PM »

It was good although not as smooth as some that I have had.  I thought it was Yakazuma or Yakazima or something close to that.............I would remember if you called it out. 
Probably Yamazaki 10.  From what I've read it's pretty darn good for a single malt.
2 other names to remember for Japanese whiskey are Yoichi 15 and Ginkgo.  Will have to keep my eyes open for an opportunity to try some.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »

Probably Yamazaki 10.  From what I've read it's pretty darn good for a single malt.
2 other names to remember for Japanese whiskey are Yoichi 15 and Ginkgo.  Will have to keep my eyes open for an opportunity to try some.

Yeah, it was Yamazaki!   Like I said before it was not the smoothest. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2008, 12:00:27 PM »
 :fever:
No tennis for well over a week and no exercise or fun in the snow.
Man, I hate being sick.
 :fever: :cursing:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #310 on: January 02, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »
Man, I hate being sick.

Serious suckage!   :(     Get well soon, get back on the courts, and get back in here posting about it! 

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #311 on: January 02, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
Man, I hate being sick.

Sorry to year you are ill. I know how you feel about not getting out for a while. You start bouncing off the walls.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2008, 06:41:01 AM »
Man, I hate being sick.

Sorry to year you are ill. I know how you feel about not getting out for a while. You start bouncing off the walls.
Poor walls! :bang-head:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2008, 07:01:04 AM »
Man, I hate being sick.

Poor walls! :bang-head:

Yeah, who wins the battle between Monster and wall?   :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2008, 05:50:46 PM »
Finally getting out for some low key dubs tonight.  Am hoping to just relax and enjoy hitting the ball as I can't really have any expectations after several weeks off the court.  Maybe the AO tennis I've been watching will provide some inspiration! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2008, 08:59:23 PM »
So, how did the hit go? 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
Finally getting out for some low key dubs tonight.  Am hoping to just relax and enjoy hitting the ball as I can't really have any expectations after several weeks off the court.  Maybe the AO tennis I've been watching will provide some inspiration! :))

I am due for some low key dubs tomorrow and I am looking forward to it.  I took a week and a half off.  Injury seems fine and I am ready to get back into action!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »
Overall a very good outing! :))
Lots of laughs, some great points and I hit some great serves.  I had good success mixing a hard flat serve out wide in the ad court with a nasty slice into the backhand on the same side.  Both opponents remarked on their inability to read the toss or motion in both courts!  wooohooo!
The downer was my smash and forehand volleys were abysmall which contributed heavily to the loss of 3 out of 5 sets. :mad1:  Oh well, until I get into better shape I'll just have to keep having fun and hold the expectations to a minimum.
CONK da ball!!!

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #318 on: January 22, 2008, 11:54:33 PM »
Lots of laughs, some great points and I hit some great serves.  I had good success mixing a hard flat serve out wide in the ad court with a nasty slice into the backhand on the same side.  Both opponents remarked on their inability to read the toss or motion in both courts!  wooohooo!
The downer was my smash and forehand volleys were abysmall which contributed heavily to the loss of 3 out of 5 sets. :mad1:  Oh well, until I get into better shape I'll just have to keep having fun and hold the expectations to a minimum.

From when we worked on the monster drill it's clear why you have issues in those areas. Your volley form overall is very good, and you have good footwork (miles better than I have, though in the same drill I get more balls back). But you are too concerned with the footwork in a volley rally. With your first volley you've got picture perfect footwork. When you have time, you use the feet the right way, unlike yours truly. But when you don't have time, you still move the feet, and your volley suffers for it. Plus it slows down recovery for the next volley.
The overhead was just a matter of recognition. You don't react quickly enough to a ball going up, and you are always off balance because of that.
More monster drills are my perscription.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »

From when we worked on the monster drill it's clear why you have issues in those areas. Your volley form overall is very good, and you have good footwork (miles better than I have, though in the same drill I get more balls back). But you are too concerned with the footwork in a volley rally. With your first volley you've got picture perfect footwork. When you have time, you use the feet the right way, unlike yours truly. But when you don't have time, you still move the feet, and your volley suffers for it. Plus it slows down recovery for the next volley.
The overhead was just a matter of recognition. You don't react quickly enough to a ball going up, and you are always off balance because of that.
More monster drills are my perscription.
Interesting observations DM, thanks for the advice.   :thumbs-up:
Of course you're right about my focus on the footwork during volleys, I'm not sure if I'm trying to keep my balance or just step to the ball instead of lunging.
Spot on with the overhead also.  I got caught numerous times tonight and ended up hitting some poor shots tho' I did have two splendid backhand smashes which elicited ooooooohs and ahhhhs from the boys!
CONK da ball!!!