Author Topic: Monster  (Read 102979 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Monster
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »
Treadmill  50min.  3.1miles  796calories  114 avg heart rate.
Whew, I'm starvin'! :))
Treadmill 77min.  4.25miles  1056cal  115avg hrt rate
I feel good!
Treadmill 40min. 2.4miles  672calories  132 avg hrt rt   freeweights!
Time for turkey and squash!
Treadmill 31min. 2.1miles  410cals  120 avg   freeweights!
No pain just walking!
Treadmill 21min.  1.2miles  119avg
Treadmill  42min.  2.5miles  550cals  118avg  freeweights
Treadmill  64min.  3.75miles  860 cals  115avg  560curls  350raises
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2007, 05:50:13 AM »
Shoot, I do not do anything for 64 minutes except work.  Nice yo!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Well, if you'd seen the "load" this Monster Truck is hauling you'd know that 64 minutes is quite a pull! ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2007, 11:48:23 AM »
Well, if you'd seen the "load" this Monster Truck is hauling you'd know that 64 minutes is quite a pull! ;-()

Now that video has been posted we've all seen it!

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »
A year ago I wasn't playing any tennis and tonight "The Chief" asked me what my Tennis Schedule is for the next week! :))
I have a Tennis Schedule!  I am soooo cool! :gleam:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2007, 08:11:15 PM »
An excellent outing yesterday with some very good players. 
My serve is slowly improving as I focus on keeping the left arm up as long as possible.  Once I got good and hot near the end of the 2nd set I was able to hit with considerable pace and accuracy.  I even blasted a game point ace out wide in the ad court against a solid 5.0.  That is generally my least accurate/consistent serve, but I visualized it prior to the toss and actually made the shot.  Of course this was accompanied by the Monster Truck roar which players have come to fear in this neck o' the woods. :toot:  Sometimes...... :\

I also managed to hit some nice angled half-volleys as 5.0 was kind enough to ease up just enough on his returns so I could stay in the point.  Super nice guy!  I'm looking forward to hitting with the big boys again tonight!!!  Maybe by the end of next year I'll be one of the "Big Boys". :))

I thought for sure you were already a big boy!   :rofl_2: :whistle:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »
A year ago I wasn't playing any tennis and tonight "The Chief" asked me what my Tennis Schedule is for the next week! :))

:rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »

My tennis schedule is w         i          d         e open......

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: December 20, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »
An excellent outing yesterday with some very good players. 
My serve is slowly improving as I focus on keeping the left arm up as long as possible.  Once I got good and hot near the end of the 2nd set I was able to hit with considerable pace and accuracy.  I even blasted a game point ace out wide in the ad court against a solid 5.0.  That is generally my least accurate/consistent serve, but I visualized it prior to the toss and actually made the shot.  Of course this was accompanied by the Monster Truck roar which players have come to fear in this neck o' the woods. :toot:  Sometimes...... :\

I also managed to hit some nice angled half-volleys as 5.0 was kind enough to ease up just enough on his returns so I could stay in the point.  Super nice guy!  I'm looking forward to hitting with the big boys again tonight!!!  Maybe by the end of next year I'll be one of the "Big Boys". :))

I thought for sure you were already a big boy!   :rofl_2: :whistle:
Large and in charge!  Tho' not tonight. :mad1:  Nothing but aches and pains this evening and extra tired to boot.  Still I made 3 highlight reel shots including a "look-away" angle on a short ball which blew the opponents away.  We all had a good laugh after that one. 
That'll be the last time I combine an a.m. treadmill workout with an evening of competitive tennis, sheeesh.  Either that or I'll have to buy stock in the company that makes ibuprofen!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: December 20, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »

Am not sure what the weekend holds in store for me.  Might have to work both days. :(  Will give you a shout if I make it out either morning in case you'd like to make the trip.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2007, 11:01:27 PM »
So are you training for a competition or is this a personal goal?
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: December 20, 2007, 11:30:01 PM »

Am not sure what the weekend holds in store for me.  Might have to work both days. :(  Will give you a shout if I make it out either morning in case you'd like to make the trip.

It's looking more and more like no work this weekend, so it's a four day freedom fest. :yahoo:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2007, 06:00:10 AM »
You saw the vids dude, it's for health reasons!  Actually I'm hoping to play some USTA tourneys next spring when I get myself into some semblance of shape.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2007, 10:46:06 PM »
You saw the vids dude, it's for health reasons!  Actually I'm hoping to play some USTA tourneys next spring when I get myself into some semblance of shape.

Pfft, no need to get in shape just play some dubs.  :)

Heck, come down here and we will play some dubs together, I will do any running for you that you need me to.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2007, 10:56:48 PM »

Very cool health is extremely important take it from me. Do you have a special nutritional plan aswell? When you start playing tourney's what level will you start at?
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2007, 07:42:37 AM »

Very cool health is extremely important take it from me. Do you have a special nutritional plan aswell? When you start playing tourney's what level will you start at?
No meal plan as of yet.  That is the next step.  At my current rate of consumption I'm not losing much for the amount of effort I'm putting in.  I'm even considering switching to light beer (gasp!). ;-()

I have a buddy that plays 4.0 tourneys and leagues and he says I would do well (win alot and lose a few) at that level at this point in time.  I'm sure that's where I'll start, and depending on my fitness I may end up staying there! :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »
Got out for a quick hit yesterday afternoon.  My buddy Dan and I got crushed by a couple of solid 5.0+ players  6-2.  We mixed the teams up after that but I still didn't play up to par.  The pace was just too quick for me.  Those boys were racking the ball!  It was a bit frustrating off the ground but I had a few good volleys and a couple of nice serves to hold for 6-6 and take the last set to a TB.  It was downhill from there tho' as I was gassed. :(
Still, I look at their level of play as the carrot that I'm chasing and it's always fun to be on the court! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2007, 11:08:20 AM »
Hell yeah, it is always fun playing better players, you can learn so much.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :-o   Say it aint so.................not to light beer!?   :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2007, 05:00:09 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :-o   Say it aint so.................not to light beer!?   :rofl_2:
I know, the thought is almost to horrible to contemplate!
But that could save me over 3000 calories a week! :(
CONK da ball!!!