Author Topic: Monster  (Read 99453 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Monster
« Reply #1080 on: June 06, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »
So bottom line it for us.  How much are you considering this knee surgery/replacement....................or, not at all?    Moms needs a knee surgery/replacement but she is afraid of all that crap so she is hobbling around horribly avoiding the surgery.  It all sucks pretty bad. 
It boils down to how long I can stand the pain.
Next on the list is steroid injections. :(
I need to get to a point in my work schedule where I can afford a couple of months off.
Unfortunately, this will mean a severe cutback in my charitable contributions! :rofl_2:

The other problem with inserting a new knee sooner rather than later, is that it will probably wear out by the age of 55 and I'll need a second one at that time. :depressed:

The 1st sentence is exactly the same as moms although your situation is much more complicated than hers.  I feel for you dude.........that decision is brutal!  I did have a thought...............do you work in the Winter or do you take month/months off?  Maybe Winter is a bettter option for surgery.  Good luck either way. 

Winter really is the tennis season around here. Maybe he would want to get it done and be out on the courts by then. :dunno:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1081 on: June 06, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
So bottom line it for us.  How much are you considering this knee surgery/replacement....................or, not at all?    Moms needs a knee surgery/replacement but she is afraid of all that crap so she is hobbling around horribly avoiding the surgery.  It all sucks pretty bad. 
I need to get to a point in my work schedule where I can afford a couple of months off.
Unfortunately, this will mean a severe cutback in my charitable contributions! :rofl_2:

The other problem with inserting a new knee sooner rather than later, is that it will probably wear out by the age of 55 and I'll need a second one at that time. :depressed:

The 1st sentence is exactly the same as moms although your situation is much more complicated than hers.  I feel for you dude.........that decision is brutal!  I did have a thought...............do you work in the Winter or do you take month/months off?  Maybe Winter is a bettter option for surgery.  Good luck either way. 

Winter really is the tennis season around here. Maybe he would want to get it done and be out on the courts by then. :dunno:

I don't think tennis is the main concern for him right now. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1082 on: June 07, 2009, 03:31:26 AM »
By then they will just Star Wars your ass.  Cut the leg off and bust ya a new one that will be better than ever!
That is part of my evil plan! :sly:

The thing will have to be huge though, and I'm not sure where they will get all that hair! :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1083 on: June 07, 2009, 03:33:02 AM »
By then they will just Star Wars your ass.  Cut the leg off and bust ya a new one that will be better than ever!

A bionic leg. Then he truly will be a ground stroking machine.
Wish I had your excuse for not getting on the court. I just don't do it at the moment. I could get out and hit against a wall (frustrating as that is with the crappy low wall available to me). But I've got too much going on at home and I'm working too much to do that.
Glad to hear you've got work! :))
Hope the home stuff is 'good stuff'!  *fingers crossed*
You've got the love, eventually you'll make the time to get back on court. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1084 on: June 07, 2009, 03:36:19 AM »

It gets even more complicated when you factor in that I'll be tending to my parents and their 'estate' :rofl_2: this summer due to health issues on that front. :(

Winter is the time slot for sure!  Am racking up the OT this summer in an attempt to bank some moooola to cover me for a couple months.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1085 on: June 07, 2009, 03:38:06 AM »

:rofl_2:Going through the posts one by one and replying, finally got to this one! :rofl_2:
As usual, the D man is 100% correct!!!  Nov-April are the months when work slows a bit and I can reall rack up the hours on court! :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1086 on: June 07, 2009, 03:39:36 AM »

I don't think tennis is the main concern for him right now. 
Right now the priority is fishing!
Heading out to a secluded bass pond shortly. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1087 on: June 29, 2009, 07:03:19 AM »
No tennis news to report.

I did manage to get kissed on the cheek, hugged, and called 'honey' by a former Olympian Saturday eve. :grind dance:

Unfortunately, HE looked something like THIS-

:paper bag:

Hopefully it was a case of mistaken identity. :\
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1088 on: June 29, 2009, 07:50:41 AM »
And now........we need................the rest..............of the story!   ;-()

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1089 on: June 29, 2009, 08:00:31 AM »
And now........we need................the rest..............of the story!   ;-()
His lips were like mushy melon against my neck and his breath was sweet as raspberry.
I shuddered under his touch and squirmed while the rest of the crew enjoyed a good 15 minutes of laughter at my expense.

Let me know if you'd like more..... ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1090 on: June 29, 2009, 09:20:39 AM »
His lips were like mushy melon against my neck and his breath was sweet as raspberry.
I shuddered under his touch and squirmed while the rest of the crew enjoyed a good 15 minutes of laughter at my expense.

:rofl_2:   I meant who is the olympian and why did he kiss you........................but if you want to throw down the gory details then by all means, knock yourself out! 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1091 on: June 29, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »

:rofl_2:   I meant who is the olympian and why did he kiss you........................but if you want to throw down the gory details then by all means, knock yourself out! 
One of the 'Skiing Cochrans'.
He mistook me for one of my cousins.
Apparently they are having an affair or something.....

j/k ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1092 on: June 29, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »

j/k ;-()

He mistook you for a female cousin of yours?   :confused1:    Sorry, haven't heard of the skiing Cochrans. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1093 on: June 29, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »

j/k ;-()

He mistook you for a female cousin of yours?   :confused1:    Sorry, haven't heard of the skiing Cochrans. 
No, a male cousin.  He is the family doc and thought he was making a joke with my cuz.
Skiing Coch's are a local family.
Grandfather coached olympic team.
Father and 3 aunts were competitors (he's the one that granted me his 'affections').
Son Jimmy is on the team now.
I had the good fortune of coaching Jimmy's sister on the local tennis team.  What a pure athlete!!! :yikes:  She came out to the team her senior year 'just for kicks' and played on the varsity team (actually not that huge of a feat considering the level of high school tennis here in NH).
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #1094 on: June 29, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »
Impressive stuff!  It kinda begs the question is athletic ability genetic or learned?  Seems genetic with that family.  Bit of both I guess but it is an interesting topic. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1095 on: June 29, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
Impressive stuff!  It kinda begs the question is athletic ability genetic or learned?  Seems genetic with that family.  Bit of both I guess but it is an interesting topic. 
Both, I think.
Actually, I think it's a combination of 3 things.
Genetics.
Spirit.
Enviroment.
When those 3 factors are combined in one individual, an exceptional athlete is made.

Imagine the WS without their father to guide them.
Or Dr. Evil without his height.
Or Leyton Hewitt without his drive.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1096 on: July 09, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »
Holy crud, Kevin. I just read about your knee and it struck me like a blow straight to the gut. I can imagine how you feel, so all I want to say is stay strong, brother. In the years to come, you will be a valuable resource to us older guys with knee issues.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1097 on: July 09, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »
Holy crud, Kevin. I just read about your knee and it struck me like a blow straight to the gut. I can imagine how you feel, so all I want to say is stay strong, brother. In the years to come, you will be a valuable resource to us older guys with knee issues.

I thought you already knew. :Confused:
I've been whining about it since March. :(
I'm just doing the best I can to stay pain free until I can fit the new hinge into me schedule.
Doc says to wait as long as possible seeing as I'm a bit young to have a new one. :mad1:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1098 on: July 09, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »

I thought you already knew. :Confused:
I've been whining about it since March. :(
I'm just doing the best I can to stay pain free until I can fit the new hinge into me schedule.
Doc says to wait as long as possible seeing as I'm a bit young to have a new one. :mad1:

I found it in the Rafa thread. If that's where you talk about it (or here) that would explain why I missed it. Alternatively, you don't whine about it that much if it's news to me.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1099 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:19 AM »
Yeah, I've mentioned in my journal a bit and referred to it in some other threads you probably don't frequent.
j/k on the 'whine'.  It's just my way of reminding myself that most people don't want to hear about someone else 'condition(s)'.

I still play some table tennis and thoroughly enjoy that.  Plenty of fishing as well helps to distract my mind.
And of course my regular asswhoopings of Scooter in chess online. :))

Still I miss the courts, my buds, and the feel of striking a tennis ball just right. :(
CONK da ball!!!