Author Topic: Not to be rude....Butchiest Female Players....  (Read 5958 times)

Offline venusismyhero

• Tennis Addict
Not to be rude....Butchiest Female Players....
« on: February 24, 2005, 11:03:51 AM »
Whose the most butch female player, if this to rude, ignore this...but if we were talking about looks of players.....yea....

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:12:13 AM »
First off, Welcome to the boards!!!    :welcome)

Second off, Conchita Martinez gets my vote for today on this subject.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:11:36 PM »
Kuzentsova and Henin are kind of 'butch' looking.  Mauresmo, too.

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 12:13:32 PM »
I hate to say it cause I love her but Serena... and Jennifer Capriati

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 12:22:14 PM »
I suppose "butch" is going to mean different things to people, but for me, I'd say Kuznetsova, Navratilova (hey, she's active), and Mauresmo.

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »
Martina Navratilova. She makes most men look like sissies. I remember way back in 1991 at USO I was waiting to get her autograph. On her way to the court, she was surrounded by 10 body guards. Taking a closer look, it was only 9 body guards, the 10th was her  :))
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 01:18:26 PM »
Martina Navratilova. She makes most men look like sissies. I remember way back in 1991 at USO I was waiting to get her autograph. On her way to the court, she was surrounded by 10 body guards. Taking a closer look, it was only 9 body guards, the 10th was her

LMAO

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 04:12:15 PM »
One thing's for sure, the guy who'd try to stab her would get his knife shoved up his rectum.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 09:16:59 PM »
Definitely Mauresmo. SHe's disgusting to look at...bleh!

Navritalova, Sanchez Vicario, Justine....

Serena is muscular but I honestly don't think she looks butch. Could be because she's got feminine features too or because she actually tries to fix herself up now as opposed to thse others but she just doesnt look diesel to me.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 09:48:02 AM »
Francesca Schavione   :sick:  
Alicia Molik (she comes off tomboy-ish ) ||-|
Denise Chadlkova (she rocks a crew cut) :shocking:

Offline wildwind

• Tennis Player
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 02:54:27 PM »
Francesca Schavione
Amelie Mauresmo
Kutsnezova
Alicia Molik
Justin Henin
They all walk like men  :sick:

lizbeth

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 07:36:26 PM »
There will probably be a lot of screams over my mentioning this player, but I always thought Gabriela Sabatini, in spite of her attractive face, was masculine.  Anybody else agree?  And has she ever had a boyfriend, to anybody's knowledge?  Even if somebody tells me she's married and has three children, I still say she's on the masculine side.

Offline wildwind

• Tennis Player
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 10:39:46 PM »
Okay, I have to agree and disagree with you on the same time.
Gaby is my favorite player of all time and I had the chance to see and meet her live personally last year in Berlin during an exihibition match against Steffi Graf.
I saw her on court during the match and yes ..... she walks like a man and has a very manly attitude to her.
BUT then later that night at the cocktail party I saw her again, in a dress with high heels and I had never seen this side of her. She was very feminine and walked with such grace an elegance. Maybe she took modelling course or something.
She has had several boyfriends (Guillermo Perez Roldan an ex ATP player) Don't forget she is a latin woman and has to do with latin man, and she is way too independant to take any macho s**t  :// .

Offline cakes

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 11:24:52 PM »
Gaby's game fell apart after her affair with Henri LeConte ended some years ago.  She retreated to South America where she is treated like royalty.  She made tons of money as a spokesperson for perfume, clothes, cars, etc. and gives lots of her time and money to organizations for children.  The city magazines and newspapers always have shots of her partying at the various clubs.  She may have had a purposeful stride on the tennis courts, but she sure was a hottie when she was in dresses and high heels!  

cakes

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 02:13:25 AM »
In terms of attitude, Justine Henin, IMO, acts butchier than Mauresmo, Serena, or Kuznetsova, all three butchier looking.  For realz, Justine walks around like she's packing some serious heat in her underwear.

Offline dagnat

• Tennis Player
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 06:25:05 AM »
Most of the posts in this thread are so clueless about gender as to be laughable, if they weren't so scary.

It's been over 20 years since people realized that masculinity and femininity were "games"--acts that you put on, and not something innate to males & females.   I can't believe that some of these posts actually equate male/female identity (and sexual orientation) with such superficial traits.  What the frick are you afraid of?

The fact that the women being bashed here can walk the way they feel like walking and not  (in most places) be considered "butch" is a tribute to gender progress.  To read this thread, though, it looks like the Gender Police have been turned loose on society.  Are we back in the Reagan era or what?

bigserveaces

butches
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 02:08:12 PM »
Get real,to excel in sports(any sports) u need to be in great shape. When girls start playing sports,bodies mature pretty quick. Sometimes they don`t have a choice how they look. Any sport...just the same. Wow look at bikes riders.

Offline healey1101

• Tennis Player
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 02:51:19 PM »
My vote is for Denise Chladkova. She looks like shes a Marine and shes built very mannish.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 02:53:06 PM »
hmmm, do not know who that is, now i have to go look her up.  :)

Welcome to the boards Healey!   :welcome)

Edit - - - I just went and looked her up.  Ummm, good call...

Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 03:14:20 PM »
Quote from: "dagnat"
Most of the posts in this thread are so clueless about gender as to be laughable, if they weren't so scary.

It's been over 20 years since people realized that masculinity and femininity were "games"--acts that you put on, and not something innate to males & females.
I'm sorry, but a lot of masculine and feminine traits are innate.  The brains of females and males are different, and their bodies produce different hormones in different amounts, producing contrasts in behavior.      

I'm inclined to think your post is well intended, but think about it a second.  What you're saying is basically the same thing that homophobes say in condemning gay people.