Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Tennis Dieting?

(1/2) > >>

Tennis4you:
How many of my fellow posters here actually watch their diet for tennis?  I wish I could say I did, but I have been gettign worse as time goes on.  Case in point, last night I get home from a match at 9:00 and I was hungry.  So I snack down some of the pizza in the fridge.  

I am not overweight, but I do weigh 5-6 pounds more than I did a year ago when I went to Nationals.  5-6 pounds is not bad, but when you are 5'-4" tall it is proportionally more than someone 5'-10" gaining 5 pounds.  I can tell I am not in the shape I was 5 years ago, but I still will hit longer than more of my league mates...

My Dad and I placed a bet when I was 14.  See, every male in my family is overweight.  Not grossly overweight, but a good 50-60 pounds sporting the belly look.  He bet me $50.00 that I would be overweight by the time I was 30.  If it was motivational intent or not, I will be collecting my $50.00 on Feb 12th 2005.  

But what do you guys/gals do to control the eating and stay focused for the tennis?  This is an area I am really not the familiar with.  Back in high school I played tennis 3-4 hours every day and lifted weights most days.  I ate what I wanted to and basically non stop.  I need to be in better shape especially as I am getting older.  I don't really lift weights anymore because it hurts my shoulder, and I need it for tennis.  Jogging is boring for me, so all I do is play tennis.  I play 3-4 times per week, but a lot of that is no officially doubles.  I do have a singles hitting partner that I hit with for about 3 hours at a time, and that feels great to hit that long.

The direction I am headed in recently, if my Dad made the bet for 31 years old I probably would of lost. : )

philip:
I can eat anything and not put weight on! Maybe thats 'cuz i do alot of running.

Tennis4you:
How old are you?

tennisgeek:
I would be in big trouble if I did not play tennis, especially singles. I am 5'10" 180lbs and 43 yrs old and my diet is not very healthy at times especially around the holidays!!!. But since I started playing tennis, Ive managed to keep my weight and waistline the same for the last two years.

Tennis4you:
Funny thing is my waist line looks the same, I am not sure where the weight I have gained is.  I hope I never find it.  Just shed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version