Author Topic: Federer vs Ferrero  (Read 2321 times)

Offline RainerShuttle

• Tennis God
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 02:06:30 PM »
With regards to the 04 Wimbledon final, it clearly shows that Federer's worst is better than Roddick's best.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 02:11:47 PM »
Hey guys...how come we love a player when he/she is winning....BUT if he wins too much we want him to fail??

For me, it's about the coverage of tennis more than it is about the player. I didn't have a problem with Federer dominating until commentators like Pat McEnroe (who I love to bash) started salivating at the mention of Federer's name. I didn't mind seeing Serena dominate, for example, because no one was elevating her to the GOD status that Federer is afforded (it also helps that she is one of my favorite players). But hype affects me in a bad way. All you hear about Federer is his amazingness, so it's great when commentators and journalists are forced to find something else to harp on.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »
i was lucky enough to see this one on eurosport 2. an absolutely fantastic match. juan carlos certainly seemed to be getting closer to his best. the match was full of drama and it was a real treat to match, both players certainly played their part in a wonderful advert for mens tennis! :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 02:56:33 PM »
BBB, Patrick McEnroe is a funny commentator. When Andy won the USO and became #1, he couldn't say enough nice things about him. He will call all of Roddick's match and just worshipped him. Then Federer comes to and owned Roddick, PMac jump the bandwagon and start the whole thing over with Federer. At least his brother, JMac, was more consistant. He like Federer from the beginning and he didn't care too much for Roddick and he's not shy about his opinion either.
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2005, 03:13:45 PM »
I think it is a good thing Fed does not have Agassi next.  Fed needs an easy win, or so one would think.  He should win his next match, but hey, who knows what (3) 3rd set tie-breakers in a row will do to a brain.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline rhubarb

• Tennis Addict
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2005, 03:21:25 PM »
Scott, he's already had three third set tie-breakers in a row!   It surely can't get any closer, can it?

Edit: misunderstood your post I guess; reading it again I can see you probably meant he already had played three

Apparently Roger had a bet with a friend to win $10 for each third set tie-breaker he won; he now reckons he should raise it to $20, and if the TennisWeek report is correct, he's hoping to play another against Youzhny tomorrow.   He should have some pity on his poor fans, I think.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 04:26:17 PM »
I just readt that Federer saved (2) match points in the tie-breaker.  He was down 4-6.  wow!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Anonymous

Federer vs Ferrero
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 09:48:41 PM »
Claiming that fed won a tight match because the opponent played the match of his life is downright absurd.  
Yes, Ferrero played the best match of his life too.
Do you know what bad coaching and crappy fitness can do to a player?
Do the brilliance of the McEnroe brothers and Brad Gilbert make your heart melt? ;;)