Author Topic: Where Can I Get the Best Deal on Reels of String  (Read 2115 times)

Love2AceYou

Where Can I Get the Best Deal on Reels of String
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »
Where can I buy, for instance, reels of gamma gut/wilson sensation or any string I guess for REALLY REALLY REALLY cheap.

Also, does anyone know how many rackets I can string with 660 ft (reel) of string?

I ask this because my friend will string each one of my rackets for $5 if I include the strings!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:03:09 PM by Love2AceYou »

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Where Can I Get the Best Deal on Reels of String
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »
Where can I buy, for instance, reels of gamma gut/wilson sensation or any string I guess for REALLY REALLY REALLY cheap.

Also, does anyone know how many rackets I can string with 660 ft (reel) of string?

I ask this because my friend will string each one of my rackets for $5 if I include the strings!

660 feet of string will do 16 racquets, unless you are doing hybrids, where it might stretch for 33. Someone's selling a reel on Ebay for $85, and Tennis Warehouse has it for $99. Stringers who have an account with Wilson may be able to get it cheaper, but I don't know any who pass that savings on in the way of selling just the stringat cost.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 12:41:26 AM »
Don't get Wilson's anytime soon from a place that doesn't have it in stock. I recently ordererd some Wilson strings from Tenniswarehouse and it was out of stock so they said they'd mail it in three weeks when it restocks.. now they sent me an email saying wilson was having problems and hasn't stocked them yet so basically i am screwed till wilson stocks thier stuff. which i have no idea when thats going to happen.

Love2AceYou

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 02:30:42 AM »
Don't get Wilson's anytime soon from a place that doesn't have it in stock. I recently ordererd some Wilson strings from Tenniswarehouse and it was out of stock so they said they'd mail it in three weeks when it restocks.. now they sent me an email saying wilson was having problems and hasn't stocked them yet so basically i am screwed till wilson stocks thier stuff. which i have no idea when thats going to happen.

Did you get a refund from tenniswarehouse?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 02:37:48 AM »

no they said they'd send it when it gets to them. i am in no hurry so I decided to wait it out. I suppose If I don't get it in another month or so I'll say something, but I figure if I want the strings and It really is wilson's fault, no tennis website will be able to help me better right?
so we'll see what happens. Besides don't let this stop you from looking at Wilson stuff because it only applies to Wilson stuff that is out of stock in places like tenniswarehouse.

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »

no they said they'd send it when it gets to them. i am in no hurry so I decided to wait it out. I suppose If I don't get it in another month or so I'll say something, but I figure if I want the strings and It really is wilson's fault, no tennis website will be able to help me better right?
so we'll see what happens. Besides don't let this stop you from looking at Wilson stuff because it only applies to Wilson stuff that is out of stock in places like tenniswarehouse.

I could be wrong, different sites have different policys, but I think they won't actually charge you until they get the order packaged and sent.
Have you tried other suppiers, like ats, or holabird?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 11:15:03 AM »

I could be wrong, different sites have different policys, but I think they won't actually charge you until they get the order packaged and sent.

ats, holabird? what? are those like tenniswarehouse competitors? I only know tenniswarehouse and one other tennisdepot or something that I ordered first time from. And about charging me .. I don't know if it has gone out of the account or not but I did pay up the whole amount at check out time soo.. I guess I payed it all regardless of wether I got the order or not right?

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »

ats, holabird? what? are those like tenniswarehouse competitors? I only know tenniswarehouse and one other tennisdepot or something that I ordered first time from. And about charging me .. I don't know if it has gone out of the account or not but I did pay up the whole amount at check out time soo.. I guess I payed it all regardless of wether I got the order or not right?

I guess you could say they are competitors. TW has certainly come out of nowhere to take the lead in tennis supplies. Holabird has been around for a few years, as has ATS. I think ATS is a Gamma owned company.

Holabird:

http://www.holabirdsports.com/

ATS Sports:

http://www.atssports.com/

An ambition fulfilled

Offline thelge

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
Ya Tennis Warehouse has to be one of the best. Or even try the back of the tennis magazine. you can find some good stuff there.

Check out my website, you should find some great deals here on string.
www.thelge.com

View my blog: http://thelgetennis.blogspot.com

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 02:23:38 AM »
www.tennisexpress.com

shipping is really fast and reliable service all across the board.  I only order from them or TW
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------